Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

*perform Your Duties With Due Diligence - DG Ibrahim Charges Corps Members* - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / *perform Your Duties With Due Diligence - DG Ibrahim Charges Corps Members* (2374 Views)

Abdulwahab Charges Corps Members To Be Good Ambassadors As 2373 Disengage From S / Shuaibu Ibrahim Charges Corps Members To Work For National Integration / Corpers Can Be Mobilised For War - Shuaibu Ibrahim (NYSC DG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*perform Your Duties With Due Diligence - DG Ibrahim Charges Corps Members* by Authentic79xp(f): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
The NYSC Director General, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim who was represented by the Osun State Coordinator Mr Ayodele Adegoke has charged the 202l Batch B stream 2 corps members to perform their duties with diligence even as they serve their fatherland.

The address was made at the Multipurpose Hall of the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp, Ede, Osun State, on Tuesday, during the closing ceremony of the Batch.

In the address, DG Ibrahim described the 3-weeks orientation course as 'hitch-free'. He appreciated the Corps Members for demonstrating a high level of discipline and patriotism. He added that the next phase of their service year is of great significance, and that they should sustain the spirit of patriotism, hard work and resilience.

Speaking on the issue of posting, he stated that Corps Members should not induce their rejection, but rather accept their postings in good faith, perform their duties with diligence, and add value to their host community. Buttressing this point, he added that they should partake in the Community Development Service, as it will help improve the standard of the living of the community.

On SAED, he encouraged Corps Members to build on the skills they acquired in order to create more opportunities for themselves.

He reiterated the Scheme's commitment to strengthening and maintaining mutually beneficial relationship with stakeholders.

Ibrahim added that the scheme holds security to a very high esteem, hence, they have put security measures in place to ensure the safety of Corps members. He stated that Corps Members have a role to play in ensuring security, including avoidance of risky engagements, late night parties and strangers, drug abuse, cyber crime and other vices. He added that they should always be conscious of the implication of their actions.

Furthermore, he warned against unauthorized journeys and night travels, stating that they render rescue efforts useless. Emphasising the Importance of staying security conscious, he stated that Corps members should not be on transit once it is past 6PM, and if they do, they should go to a nearest barrack or designated places deemed safe to pass the night.

Additionally, he commended all Corps Members for complying with the Covid-19 rules and advised them to still be on their guard and get vaccinated. He added that they should also help in sensitising their host communities on preventative measures, as well as encourage them to get vaccinated.

Again, he called out to corps employers to help in developing the potentials of Corps members, and commended all camp officials for their dedication and team work in ensuring a smooth run of the orientation course.

The Director General concluded his address by commending the Federal, State and Local Governments, Security Agencies, NCDC, NAFCA, Traditional Rulers and all Stakeholders for ensuring the successful completion of the orientation course. He then wished all the Corps Members a successful service year.

Re: *perform Your Duties With Due Diligence - DG Ibrahim Charges Corps Members* by 7victor(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
I remember what one camp official told us while in camp in Karaye,Kano.

He said "I know you all are very eager to leave camp, but I can assure you, after you have left, you would miss this camp so much that if given opportunity, you would want to come back here.

I discovered it was true in my case.
I believe it will be true for those corpers just leaving camp.

No matter who you become tomorrow, any time you think about the camp and NYSC, you must always miss it.

I know one lecturer who told me the happiest moment of her life would always be during NYSC.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News. Latest Nysc Time Table / Looking For A Place Of PPA @ Anambra State, Can U Help? / Dairy Of An Ajebutter Corper: My Hausa Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.