Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) (18988 Views)

21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) / Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) / Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by BadNews: 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
One person was feared dead in Akure, Ondo State capital, while other members of the family were trapped when a storey building collapsed.

The incident occurred around 3 a.m. at Fanibi area of the town, when the occupants of the building were already asleep, killing one woman instantly.

It was gathered that the residents of the area rushed to the scene of the incident and rescued other occupants of the building including children who had been trapped in the building.

A resident of the area claimed that all attempts to alert the fire brigade failed as the officials did not respond to calls several hours after they have been contacted.

“The cause of the collapse is yet to be ascertained, but efforts are presently ongoing by residents towards salvaging the situation.

“When the building collapsed, one woman who was one of the occupants died instantly. Her body has been taken out of the debris.

“The neighbours of the victims have been helping to rescue those who are trapped in the building.

“Children are among them. The fire brigade has been contacted but no response yet,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/one-feared-dead-as-building-collapses-in-ondo/amp/

See Photos As Obtained By Below:

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
Just saw it on Ait.
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by BadNews: 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
Totilopussylick:
Just saw it on Ait.

See More Photos Via www.. com
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by BadNews: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2021
See More Photo As Obtained By Below:

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Boogyman557: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WE AR NOW IN MBER MONTH SO D BLOOD DRINKERS AR WOKEN. BE CAREFUL EVERYONE. SAME REASON I DNT GO OUT. ALL I DO IS HIGH ON MY KUSH. SO HAPPY I HVE LIKE 6 KUSH LEFT FOR D DAY. WTF MAN
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by emmabest2000(m): 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
collapsed building
No Fire brigades
Police on their way

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by JackWolfskin: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
Damn!

Problem too much for this country...

Left and Right.

Up and Down.
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by iamyemiakins(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
Chai
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by DEEBOZZ(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
Many of the documented cases of building collapse in Nigeria are due to the use of defective or substandard building materials, no requisite technical knowledge, non- adherence to building codes and standards, the use of non-professionals and the high level of corruption.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Explicit02: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool WE AR NOW IN MBER MONTH SO D BLOOD DRINKERS AR WOKEN. BE CAREFUL EVERYONE. SAME REASON I DNT GO OUT. ALL I DO IS HIGH ON MY KUSH. SO HAPPY I HVE LIKE 6 KUSH LEFT FOR D DAY. WTF MAN
wetin concern EMBER months here
U see dilapidated building you dey blame ember months haba

They should know the building is old and can collapse soon na

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Frank150: 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
Poor building plans

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Iamicekid(m): 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
With the look of the building, you can see is old, no renovations plans in site, no good drainage system in the compound so all the waters just sink beside the house, can we please start building good houses with proper plans and always renovate.. Rip to the person that lost there life, and quick recovery to the wounded

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Kingpele(m): 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
Chai
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by francisbarrack(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
shocked

Na bad bad news everywhere. God should pls take control
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by jeff1607(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
Boogyman557:

Rainfall

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
Afonja contractors. They will never use quality materials for their brown roof houses!

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by McOluOmo: 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
[s]
MajorOvakporaye:
V
[/s] very sahd cry cry

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Jolite(m): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
Quack Afonja Engineers has done it again.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Jms85(m): 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
Either substandard materials or delayed building....[quote][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by DSC7: 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
So pathetic sad
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by 4tomandchi: 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
May God please keep them safe no one deserves to die this way!!!
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Oxtertee(m): 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2021
RIP to the departed soul. akure with dilapidated buildings are like 5&6, i once live in a storey building at odo ijoka around araromi, the house was deck with plank and the room was directly untop a pit latrine that the cast was removed for evacuation. i never sleep in that particular room till i left that house.
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Selfmotivated: 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2021
Quack Engineers... How will you build a house without rods?
Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by lexy2014: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
I once visited a building like this. as i was walking on d first floor, i could feel how fragile d decking was under my feet. the person i went to visit in d building said d landlady doesnt like children running around upstairs for fear that d decking might give way and lead to d collapse of the building

4 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Akure, Ondo, One Killed, Many Trapped (Photos) by Lamasta(m): 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
Substandard materials killing Nigerians since time immemorial cry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Treasure Island Estate Mowe Ofada ( Phase 2) Selling Cheap / Construction Of A 4bd/rm Duplex Benin City, Edo State / Weakened 3-storey Building Collapses In Ibadan, 2 Persons Affected. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.