Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World (4991 Views)

Salman Rushdie goes into Hiding After brutal Attack, Loses An Eye And An Arm / Top 10 Brutal Dictators Of The World / 5 Most Brutal And Ruthless Warlords In Africa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2021
Source: NairaBrains

The world we live in today has experienced brutal leaders that have caused chaos, suffering and pandemonium during their reign. It was generally known that during these dreadful times, the rate of people who died far exceeded those who died due to natural causes. Without much ado, we bring to you the most brutal dictators in the world’s history

1. Genghis Khan 1162-1227

Genghis Khan during his time assumed the position of a Mongol emperor who joined the military ranks at a tender age of 20 years. One would think this was done to defend the monglian empire rather, he went on to become evil, killing his father as well as all males of tartar origin who were 3 feet and above in height.

Genghis defeated the Naiman tribe and his army used the survivors as shield for their battles. He died a horrific death in 1227 as some though said the cause of his death was sickness

2. Idi Amin 1923-1928

Idi Amin was known for working for the British Army, Ugandan politician, military officer and was President of Uganda from 1971 to 1979. He is known as the “Butcher of Uganda”. During his reign, his enemies/opponents were imprisoned, tortured or killed.

Between 100,000 and 500,000 Ugandans were murdered during his reign of terror. He ordered Asians to leave Uganda and blamed them for the country’s great economic crisis and called them “economic war”.

3. Mao TseTung 1893-1976

Mao Zedong or Mao TseTung is said to be the founding father of the People’s Republic of China, the most brutal dictator in history. His policies and his government have killed and caused the deaths of 49 million people at the top of their brutality and evil list.

4. Josef Stalin 1878-1953

Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin led the Soviet Union as dictator from 1920 to 1953. He is said to be the cause of death of over 23 million people and is the most perverts of world history. After Lenin’s death in 1924, Stalin became the new leader of the Soviet Union.

His “five-year economic plan” hit the country and caused severe famine by forcing all working class people to join the state agricultural cooperative. In Ukraine alone, this has resulted in around 3 million deaths.

5. Saddam Hussein 1937-2006

Saddam Hussein was the dictator of Iraq from 1979 to 2003. During his reign he authorized countless attacks on people. His policies resulted in the deaths of as many as 2 million people. He ordered chemical attacks, eye extortion, beatings and severe brutal attacks on people.

He also recorded several tortures and deaths to be watched later for sadistic pleasure. Saddam was convicted of crimes against humanity and hanged in 2006. His hanging was also widely televised.

6. Adolf Hitler 1889-1945

Adolf Hitler known for his Nazi Party as well as his atrocities and brutality during his dictatorial rule. He was a German politician, founder of the Nazi Party and was also Chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945.

He became directly responsible for the brutal torture and murder of some 17 million people. He planned and carried out the extermination of the majority of Jews whom they found unsuited to his nationalist agenda.

7. Benito Mussolini 1883-1945

Mussolini was a ruthless dictator of Italy as he began to disintegrate the institutions of the democratic government and in 1925 he became “il Duce” or “il capo” of Italy. In 1936, Mussolini forged an alliance with Nazi leader Adolf Hitler in which he introduced anti-Semitic policies in Italy.

Source: Full List of Brutal Dictators in the World
Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2021
Some of them met their deaths in what may be a bit satisfying circumstances (at least to people who where affected by their brutality).

Benito Mussolini was shot down by anti-fascists and hanged upside down in a Milanese square

Saddam was convicted of crimes against humanity and hanged in 2006. His hanging was also widely televised.
Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by johnie: 11:45am On Sep 23, 2021
Nairabrains:
Some of them met their deaths in what may be a bit satisfying circumstances (at least to people who where affected by their brutality).

Benito Mussolini was shot down by anti-fascists and hanged upside down in a Milanese square

Saddam was convicted of crimes against humanity and hanged in 2006. His hanging was also widely televised.

This should help:

https://www.nairaland.com/786694/worlds-infamous-dictators-how-met#9389335
Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 23, 2021
Interesting end for some of them. Thanks for sharing
Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by VaselineCrew: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2021
Buhari did not make the list?

I’m sure these dictators can get elected here in Nigeria with the way our people reason.

They will call you a wailing wailer if you tell them that they should not elect Idi Amin.

They will elect them to spite other tribes, so they can laugh, forgetting they would still fall under the umbrella of bad governance.

When you tell them to elect a first class grad from Harvard, Unilag and the likes, or a professional from the private sector with a great heart or other worthy leaders, they will tell you that you are wasting your vote and that Idi Amin is very popular, who can defeat him?

The 2 popular corrupt parties will field Idi Amin and Josef Stalin, and Nigerians will believe that THEY MUST PICK ONE OF THESE TWO, as if they are barred from selecting another person from somewhere else.

Then they will dance owambe on Election Day, eat rice and stew, with goat meat and beer, filling their tummies up, in preparation for the suffering to come from choosing a bad leader.

Salute to you Nigerians. Tinubu warriors and Atikulators, Buharidians and Iborians. You are all truly a special breed.

5 Likes

Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by Freestainworld(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
The crime those people committed is still happening till date, some are on the low key, whole some are not hiding there evil tendencies.

1 Like

Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by Kayberg: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2021
49 million people killed.
3 million out of the 49 million killed were from Ukraine.
17 million people killed.
100,000 to 500,000 people killed…
How do these men sleep in the night?

I formally stopped killing chickens over 18 years ago, wqs still
The last chicken that made me stop was like a pet. Huge, golden brownish yellow, would never run from me.

The day I was asked to kill it, I tied its legs as usual, this rooster did not even run or resist. I laid it down by the side, took the knife and slit its throat. After draining the blood into the small hole I dug, I left its head, only for the rooster to turn its head, opened its eyes, looked at me, we made eye contact and it shut its eyes back.

That day, I wish I had the power to raise it back to life, because I would have raised it immediately. I can't believe I cried for killing it.

Since then, if they bought a live chicken, I declare, I'm not doing the killing. A church member gave us one hen, one Christmas Eve, only for him to come back and do the killing himself on Janaury 3.

Anything apart from soldier ants, mosquitoes or snakes, leave me, I no dey kill.

2 Likes

Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
That's why Africa need to be grateful to Meles Zenawi for abandoning his medical studies in London and pursue the then regime of Mengistus Haile Mariam ( a brutal dictator) and he removed Haile Mariam.

Our services to Africa can never be unparalleled.

2 Likes

Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by saaron(m): 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2021
Buhari, the fulani terrorists and Boko haram grand patron is now ripe to be included in the list. Nigeria has a murderer as President.

1 Like

Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by obonujoker(m): 7:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
This is why America should be praised for not being dictators

1 Like

Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by compton11(m): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
Where is
Pot Pol
Sesse Mobutu
Bitchass Trujillo
Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by Reflect7: 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
obonujoker:
This is why America should be praised for not being dictators

They've installed dictators in other countries, including yours.
Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by Blackfire(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2021
Ojukwu
Awolowo
Nzeogwu
Afonja

Thank u
Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by leofab(f): 9:40am On Sep 25, 2021
All dictators once started as nationalists
Re: Most Brutal Dictators In The History Of The World by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2021
leofab:
All dictators once started as nationalists

Word!!

(1) (Reply)

5 Worst Leaders In African History / Mitchel Obama's Mother Is A Nigerian / Inside Iranian Factory Where U.S. And U.K. Flags Are Made For Burning(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.