Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. (1021 Views)

Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices / Lists Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria, Which One Is Yours? / Nigerian Tribes And Their States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by beeman80: 3:35pm On May 27, 2011
I love Naija,The Ibo man does not joke with his money,The yoruba man loves his parties,The Hausa man is cool with his cattle.Tell me what you love about your tribe. grin
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by fd4all234(m): 3:00pm On May 28, 2011
what i love abt my tribe is that, they dont play with money and they live fun, lol
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by Blazay(m): 3:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
The extremely proud nature of the South-Southeners(they never beg for anything and do not kiss arzzzes)! cool
The cohesiveness of the North-Northerners, minus their damn religion! They are always one. . .never killing themselves for rituals!

NORTH AND SOUTH OF NIGERIA FOR EVER! kiss

Nothing to love about the East or West of Nigeria. I don't like cowards and I don't like materialistic hedonists masquerading as 'religious' beings!

Case closed! kiss
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by Rossikk(m): 4:50am On Jun 10, 2011
Stop using the word tribe. It's inaccurate and demeaning.

Ethnic group is the appropriate term.
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by dempeople(m): 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
@OP

I think there's a thread already on this subject.

Anyway, I love all ethnic groups. I've got a plan to tour the length and breadth of Nigeria by God's grace, before I expire.
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
dem_people:

@OP

Anyway, I love all ethnic groups. I've got a plan to tour the length and breadth of Nigeria by God's grace, before I expire.

^^^ Noble effort bruh, but you might wanna consider not commencing the tour just yet. Or else you might find you expire faster than expected with a 'WTF shocked' look of surprise on your 'expired' face.
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by ezeagu(m): 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
dem_people:

@OP

I would advise you not to tour the whole length otherwise you will surely end up somebody's spare parts, and I'm talking about the north, south, east, and west of Nigeria! shocked
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by dempeople(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ Noble effort bruh, but you might wanna consider not commencing the tour just yet. Or else you might find you expire faster than expected with a 'WTF shocked' look of surprise on your 'expired' face.

ezeagu:

I would advise you not to tour the whole length otherwise you will surely end up somebody's spare parts, and I'm talking about the north, south, east, and west of Nigeria! shocked

grin grin grin

The tour would happen at sometime in my lifetime but not soon. Its gonna happen when I think its conducive to do so.
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2011
Rossikk:

Stop using the word tribe. It's inaccurate and demeaning.

Ethnic group is the appropriate term.

NO ITS NOT! ""tribe"" sounds much cooler and is actually more accurate. cool
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by odumchi: 12:48am On Jun 13, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

NO ITS NOT! ""tribe"" sounds much cooler and is actually more accurate. cool

He is right. The word tribe is very demenaing and isnultive. There are 12 tribes of Israel but they are all ethnic Jews. Tribe is used by whites when referring to negroes with a negative, uncivilized and uncultured conotation. Please use ethnic group it is cleaner and sounds more educated.

Blazay:

The extremely proud nature of the South-Southeners(they never beg for anything and do not kiss arzzzes)! cool
The cohesiveness of the North-Northerners, minus their damn religion! They are always one. . .never killing themselves for rituals!

NORTH AND SOUTH OF NIGERIA FOR EVER! kiss

Nothing to love about the East or West of Nigeria. I don't like cowards and I don't like materialistic hedonists masquerading as 'religious' beings!

Case closed! kiss

Same thing you are doing now isnt it? Minority kissing Hausa backside, yet they still steal your people's oil and destroy your environment and you continue to love them. Good for yourself.
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:24am On Jun 13, 2011
no its still wrong. the Jews r a religious group so u cant call dem ""ethnic"" Jews. They have different ethnicities within dem such as Ashkenazis, Mizrahims,etc,  or else u can start referring to christians as an ethnic group. this is really absurd. THERS JUS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING REFERRED TO AS A TRIBE. A TRIBE IS AS CLEAN AS SAYING AN ETHNIC GROUP. tribes r basically used for relatively smaller groups of ppl. its just dat.
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by odumchi: 3:02am On Jun 13, 2011
So Israelites aren't an ethnic group? But if so, I'd prefer you refer to yourself and your people as a "tribe" as from myself I hail from the Igbo ethnic group.

Last time I checked 33 million and counting was majority in Nigeria.
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
no Israelites arent an ethnic group. anyone from Israel can be called an Israelite, for ex., aa palestinian living in israel or an arab in israel r all Israelite. and its fine wi me. u can use d word ethnic group and ill use d word tribe. its ones personal choice. cool
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by odumchi: 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2011
You're not getting me.
Israelites are different from the Modern day Israelis. Israelites of the bible were an ethnicity chosen by God to receive his Word.
Palestinians are people that dwell in Palestine but they are ethnic Arabs.
Re: What You Love About The "naija" Tribes. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:45pm On Jun 13, 2011
im Pagan so i dont believe wat d bible says. d bible said too many rong things for me 2 consider this true now. and by d way, it was never mentioned in d bible dat d Israelites wer an ethnicity. d word ethnicity was neva used.

(1) (Reply)

Voodoo Debt / Fine Babe / Imo Youth Forum Lagos State Chapter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.