Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,684 members, 7,840,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation (17551 Views)

Pantami’s Professorship is inexplicable: Alumni urges FUTO to reconsider / Why We Made Pantami Professor — FUTO / Kano Demands Apology From American University Over Fake Professorship To Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
It will all be in his favour. The fact that I don't like Pantami, a good look at his academic strides shows the dude is brilliant . So far, only tjr bright minds from the North are able to study and lecture in Saudi Arabia and Pantami happens to be one.
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by blacknoir: 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
I use to like this man ,I was wrong all along,may God give us discerning eyes
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by BENEAMATA: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
Doctor No !

Proffessor PANT ( A ) MINE villain .
Shady as f#ck
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by nezer83: 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2021
vickydevoka:
Dem no go north. Now de meet hapless governor, him come tell V.C. now VC gats Carry out mandate given to him by superior

The president is the visitor to FUTO and the state Governor.
The directive must have come from the presidency.
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by tolaswim: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2021
So if they are calling on professors pantami too will raise his hand....This countri na joke I swear
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
jolyment:
I am in academia and strongly believe that the procedure for his appointment is political and not on merit. We need to see his publications? In university, you need to spend some years in teaching and research,has he satisfied the conditions? Has he supervised postgraduate students? Who assessed his papers for appointment to the rank of a professor?
Nepa Bill strikes again.
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by rummmy: 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2021
Our once famous futo is going down because of PANTAMI....
We will find out what went wrong.
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by Evaloyal2J(f): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Imagine these tribalistic buffoons want to play to the gallery. Let them first question GEJ the clueless ex President about his Doctorate degree before they come for pantamis head, as if its today that corruption started in Nigeria.
are you this ignorant? Gej academic records are out there for your sight seeing, it's not this disgraceful quata system arranged professorship. In which institution is pantami teaching,? Where are his researches or thesis?
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by Evercurious(f): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Imagine these tribalistic buffoons want to play to the gallery. Let them first question GEJ the clueless ex President about his Doctorate degree before they come for pantamis head, as if its today that corruption started in Nigeria.

E bi like say your brain dey shake
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by Johnboom: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2021
jolyment:
I am in academia and strongly believe that the procedure for his appointment is political and not on merit. We need to see his publications? In university, you need to spend some years in teaching and research,has he satisfied the conditions? Has he supervised postgraduate students? Who assessed his papers for appointment to the rank of a professor?
Not sacrosanct. Professorial can be honorary .
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by jolyment: 1:33am On Sep 25, 2021
Johnboom:
Not sacrosanct. Professorial can be honorary .

Yes, but with the public information available, it's not honorary. That's why there is a lot debate on it.
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by calcal: 3:49am On Sep 25, 2021
A school is like a workplace once you are done, you are done, one has no business in that place again.

The school is not owing anyone explanation jor.
Re: Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation by Reptyle(m): 8:23am On Sep 25, 2021
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/futo-alumni-write-institution-want-explanation-on-pantamis-professorship/

So if I understand clearly, what this article is saying is that a body of ex-students of a school are threatening to sue a school they graduated from because of an administrative decision the school took to hire a new teacher?

How does that work? Is the administration of the school accountable to the alumni? Why do we thrive in "anyhowness" in this country?

The best the alumni can do is express their disagreement sighting reasons why they feel Pantami should not be hired. But to seek to compel the institution to reverse their decision by writ of summons is an aberration. That case is going no where.

The university does not owe the alumni any explanation as long as the university senate approved the move and it was endorsed by the owners of the school, in this case the Federal Government of Nigeria, case closed!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition / I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not / LASU Sanctions 84 Students For Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.