Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Judge The Content!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Judge The Content!! (868 Views)

See The Content Writer You’ve Being Looking For / LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel / Be The Judge: A Client Vs A Nairaland Freelance Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Judge The Content!! by Elistho(m): 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
Good afternoon Nairalanders!

I'm contesting in an essay writing competition. I have submitted the essay awaiting screening and probably, subsequent qualification to migrate to the next stage.

We were asked to write an essay titled "My mother". I've done and submitted but I'm tensed as I don't know if I have written well nor stand a chance.

Please judge the content below .

“MY MOTHER”

Where did I come from? It is vivid and renowned I was once an embryo, and then metamorphosed into a fetus, and then I came out after nine months via a woman's part, doesn't the woman deserve accolades? Giving birth to me, she screamed in pains, pushing painstakingly that I may have life, I laughed and she cried in a sweet-bitter way, her strength almost failed her, her body trembled tremendously, the hospital bedsheets tore in her palms, her screams and wails echoed around the hospital, a cesarean section wasn't in her list for fear of losing me or her life, abandoning a fragile and innocent me to the evils of the world. I was finally delivered, she was in good pains though, looking at me and smiling, her bouncing baby she carried for months is here, hospital bills were footed, as my mother and I couldn't leave the hospital bed nor the premises, she ended up losing her comfort and her money, for my sake, o my mother!

My mother's breast, I sucked for months addicted to it. Weaning came and I cried, wanting to taste the milk I am used to, o my mother! At night's, I forfeited sleep to cry, my baby colic, probably looking forward to baby-sitter, who knew? My mother overlooked it all and spent the sleepless nights that I may sleep, sometimes getting pissed off with my unwarranted cries, my mother would spank my buttocks and look deep in my eyes to scare me cum instill calmness in me, I think she did as I've seen her do to my younger siblings. Nature made me a toddler, but my mother made me a walker, a talker, and a listener. How was I supposed to know the value of education? How would I have known that education makes one stand out of the crowd, how was I supposed to know that the lawyers I admire today passed through the school that pissed me? I see kids being taken to school, they will cry, wail, and scream wanting to follow the mother back home, probably food awaits them at home, maybe the sadness of leaving the mother to school. Smiles, the scenario I reminisce about is funny. They will go to the extent of biting the teacher's hand just to run to the mother, mother will remove her slippers to spank the child, chastising him and dragging him back to the classroom with mucus dripping down his nostrils, I'm pretty sure I did such as well, my mother did what was good for me, o my mother!

My mother deserves the accolades, she deserves the praises, brothers and sisters hold your mother in high esteem, the love of a mother is next to the love of God that can never be truncated neither shall it wane. My mother sat and watch my infant's head, and as I'm growing old, I'll fly miles to make sure I pay her back. Hitherto, albeit the pains she passed through cannot be paid back, I accord her respect in return, O My Mother!!
Re: Judge The Content!! by Elistho(m): 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2021
Please somebody should talk undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Captain That Never Was. / Looking For A Ghostwriter? I can generate 3/5k Words of Fiction daily. / Tribute To Whisky!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.