Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? (10108 Views)

What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / How Long Have You Been Attending Your Present Church? / What Is Your Church Theme For 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by cutecommend: 7:05am On Sep 26, 2021
If your going to church has not transformed your character in one way or the other, then it is either you are not serious with God or your church is not preaching the truth with power...

The church I am attending presently has helped me conquer lying and taught me to always say the truth. It has also helped me to value integrity and dislike malpractice. God used them to help me.

How has your church helped you in your character?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by aysnoopy(m): 7:09am On Sep 26, 2021
My good character is follow come. Originality

FTC baby

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by JimmyDarmody: 7:14am On Sep 26, 2021
Non

This is not a joke.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by caesymore(m): 7:31am On Sep 26, 2021
Listening to The Preachers voice grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Kobojunkie: 7:58am On Sep 26, 2021
caesymore:
Listening to The Preachers voice grin
And what reward did Jesus Christ say awaits those who listen to a preachers voice? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Kobojunkie: 7:59am On Sep 26, 2021
cutecommend:
If your going to church has not transformed your character in one way or the other, then it is either you are not serious with God or your church is not preaching the truth with power...

The church I am attending presently has helped me to stop telling lies and always saying the truth. It has also helped me to value integrity and dislike malpractice. God used them to help me.

How has your church helped you in your character?
What is good about the character you claim to have there? undecided

If one was able to develop the same habits without needing to attend church, would it be just as good as your habits which you seen wiling to associate with church attendance? undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2021
Maybe because I attend an orthodox church where they still preach the real word of God and remind us that we are nothing but mere sand so everytime I go to church and listen to the word with my whole heart it keeps me straightened in character and sets my heart to the end goal which is to be saved.

Shalom.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by helinues: 8:33am On Sep 26, 2021
I think I have developed more good characters without going to church cos I have been making use of my free gifted senses. It means I do not wait for men of god or one old fairy tale book to tell me what is right or wrong

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Workch: 8:36am On Sep 26, 2021
This begs the question as to why most church goers are badly mannered and fraudulent. If church builds good character then our society won't be this bad in morals.
Even pastors are scammers and morally decayed set of people

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Brandonx(m): 9:56am On Sep 26, 2021
Going to Church has really helped me tho in this My village people don't take church serious.
But going to churh has helped stopped being a Bully and I'm gradually working on my pride.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Saskay44: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2021
Stopped dropping offering after seeing my pastor's mob

3 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by LaSenior: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2021
cheesy

Anger and temperaments

Whenever I want to get annoyed or act accordingly to how annoyed I am I remember that verse that says Anger rest in the Bossom of fools

Forgiveness I love to forgive other people because God also forgive me always if not for his forgiveness and mercy I for Don die since Na

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Omicron007: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2021
shocked

I have always wanted to develop a good character.

But when Praise and Worship session comes, the way sisters in my church twerk in the name of dancing, my gbola always stands and salute them.

Those sisters can dance! They twerk as if they are in a party.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by OtemAtum: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2021
It's only by determination and self discipline that you can develop good character. Going to church doesn't make anyone good, better, bad or worse. As a matter of fact, we have good atheists and bad christians all over the world. Sometimes it could also be vice-versa. There are many bad pastors' wife than good ones, some people who get their salaries from pastors' wife can relate to this. To be good in life, you have to work on your conscience. Be a humanist. Always be sympathetic, determine to be good. See yourself as a helper, but don't let them see you as a maga.
Discarding religion has actually helped me to be a better person in life anyways, contrary to the purpose of this topic. It could be the other way round for some people though.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by blogbuilder: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Fear of God

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by kingthreat(m): 9:57am On Sep 26, 2021
80% of Nigerians go to church just for religion sakes. Only few end up changing their characters.
Going to church rarely changes people. Thief go still thief, gossiper go gossip, olosho go still open leg, wicked person go still wicked.
Infact going to church adds more confidence for the bad ones. They will now use God to justify their evil. The only part of the Bible they will memorize is the part that subtly condones their evil. I.e "Don't Judge", "The poor will be among you". "Touch not my anointed"

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by BigDawsNet: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2021
When I was in Nigeria...I used to sleep during preaching ...I have no idea how it happened..the usher will always tap me to rearrange....

But when I relocated and started attending church here...I haven't slept during preaching for once...and hav attending services for over hundred times....

Somebody help to shout hallelujah!!!

God that answer my prayer will answer yours too

Happy Sunday

8 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by 900warriorz: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Sorry....but I have given up on churches gabadaya....no love, na so so hate and eye service full church

For those that said forget members character, na God you go serve, na the members you dey fellowship with and their acts go just turn you to complete gossip

11 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Savageman: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Issorrite....
No shit Nigga

Wanna go to Mosque and learn how to sucïde bomb.
Aiming at dem Facebook cyrbersafety HQ, dem too dey tear niggas account.
Blazing my weed lipsrsealed

I movvveeeeee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Parashooter: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Character of WATCHING CLOSELY if the preacher is practising what he preaches to me

1 Like

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Think9ja(m): 9:57am On Sep 26, 2021
I've come to understand that religion and church/mosque is a fraud.

If you need any church to teach you how to stop lying, then your parents did a terrible job in raising you.

You don't need any Jesus or muhammad to tell you things that are good and things that are bad.

Even before those two religions came to Nigeria, people have always known the difference between good and bad.

In fact, people of olden days loved one another more than us that think we are more Christian than Jesus.

Church of today is more about show off. Who drives the latest Benz to church, who gives the highest tithe/offering, who carried the latest Brazilian hair, who wears the latest fabrics, who knows how to play the latest instruments, etc. That is all what the church is about today.

Reason why those that use the latest fvck and get fvcked.

Me, church? Not again!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by JaneYave(f): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2021
Positive thoughts and confessions(Faith).

6 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by tmtech: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2021
Orderliness

5 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by SonofGod231: 9:59am On Sep 26, 2021
So many churches in this country yet the Devil and his agents go about their activities freely,in broad daylight.
The moment I realized the Church was now some sort of Cult was the moment I stopped going to church.
Going to Church doesn't make you a better person. Let's face it .
Na nonsense I dey go see for churches.

2 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by ObiOfOnistha: 9:59am On Sep 26, 2021
v
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by phr0nesis(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Haven't been to Church for a very long time but I love God and strive everyday to live a godly life

3 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by pennywys(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Most of these churchy nairalanders sound so dumb in most cases

2 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by The5DME(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
I don't go to church anymore.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Good characters are buried inside of me.

I didn't have to enter church before I become good to people.

Thank you, father.

❤❤❤❤

2 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by HighWITCH: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Mtchew.
What can one learn in church?
Is it how to burn all your enemies with fire?
Is it how to give birth to children and insist they must adore and love you whether or not you provide for them?
Abi, is it how to tell your kids that they already had sins before they were born?

2 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Phiniter(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
look forward

3 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by petertamtam6(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Giving grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Don't Want Evil Prophecy Concerning 2022 / Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ / Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.