Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ (10121 Views)

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube / COZA Member Reacts To Pastor's New Porsche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ by Ochedi(m): 8:09am On Jan 23, 2015
Question : Dear Pastor, if I inherited all things through Christ, and I possess all things by Him, why do I have to give and pay tithe to be blessed, knowing that my blessings are not by my own works?

Answer : Very good question. Well, you were not told in the Bible (in the New Testament particularly) that except you give your tithes like you said, you will not be blessed.

That’s not what it said. In the Old Testament, you had to do that; you had to follow the commandments to be blessed. Now, in the New Testament, He’s not asking you to follow these commandments to be blessed, but the point is that God’s Word is a blessing to you. In other words, part of your inheritance in Christ is the very Word of God, His instructions. It says in the Bible that His instructions are righteous. That’s so important. The very fact that God tells you to do something is a blessing in itself.

So, part of the blessing that you have in Christ is that you are asked to do anything, so it is part of the blessing, and so giving is not the reason for your blessing, but it is the result of your blessing.Secondly, you have to understand that there is a law of sowing and reaping, and in the New Testament it is further emphasized, saying “…whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” [Galatians 6:7], “…He that soweth sparingly shall also reap sparingly; He that soweth bountifully shall also reap bountifully.” [2 Corinthians 9:6].

In other words, it is a law of the Spirit. So, your giving is a form of sowing, like a farmer who is blessed with a farm, but he has to sow to get a harvest. So, God is not telling you that when you receive, it is a special blessing. No, it is conditioned on your sowing; it’s up to you. It is a play of the laws.

You work on the laws, and they work for you; you work against them, and they work against you. So, giving and tithing and all that you’ve just talked about actually are a means to your harvest. It’s not like God wanting to bless you afresh, no. But, the blessing is the very law of sowing and reaping which He has given to you, and He told you to give your tithes and your offerings and other kinds of giving that the Bible talks about.

Now, your tithing particularly is a form of partnership; tithing is a partnership. God didn’t say that “If you don’t give your tithes, you will not be blessed.”

The blessing is what brings about the tithing, because tithe means a tenth of that which God has blessed you with, so He has actually blessed you, and that is the reason for the tithe. Your tithing is a testimony of your blessing. He’s not saying, “Bring your tithe, so you will be blessed;” He is saying, “I have blessed you, so give me the tithe.”

Tithe is the tenth part with which you honour the Lord. Now, when you don’t honour the Lord like this, you are not recognizing that the Lord is the one that is blessing you and no one can say that God has never blessed him.

We have all been blessed by God in different measures, and we are all blessed. So, you probably got the teaching wrong as to giving your tithe to be blessed. No, you give your tithe, because you have been blessed; it is part of your testimony.
Re: Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ by Marchman: 11:10am On Jan 23, 2015
Now, your tithing particularly is a form of partnership; tithing is a partnership. God didn’t say that “If you don’t give your tithes, you will not be blessed.”

From his response it is obvious to me that tithing is not compulsory for us Christians. According to Pst Chris, God didnt promise to bless christians because of tithing. He said it was partnership between the tither and God. the questions, are you forced to go into partnership? For us Christians what is actually recommended is freewill offering, to give as one is led. Though with one condition: that is the more you give, the more you get. Nowhere is tithing recommended or practised by early Christians. If you don't do it, you are not breaking any law since there's none. Even Pst Chris admits that God does not need your tithe to bless you and what is required of you is to give as you are blessed. Tithing is a burden God as not put on anyone.
Re: Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ by Princewell2012(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
So Why Is Some Pastors Preaching That If You Dont Pay Your Tithe, You Will Go To Hell? Yet Jesus Never Emphasized On It.
Re: Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ by PastorKun(m): 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
Princewell2012:
So Why Is Some Pastors Preaching That If You Dont Pay Your Tithe, You Will Go To Hell? Yet Jesus Never Emphasized On It.

They preach so because of their greed. The trick is to intimidate people into tithing using people's fear of hell. This to me is pure extortion and it's a fraud.
Re: Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ by brocab: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
Could you explain how much tithing 10% {Monies} Jesus gave to his Father God?

God being the creator of all, also the most high God, being the most highest priest that ever lived in spirit>
Why didn't Jesus preach about tithing?

Is it not that sacrificing tithing and offerings, was a law given by God the Father himself, made for sinners.
Did not God the Father gave all authority over to Jesus.
So Jesus has the authority to change the laws.

Could you explain if we are to imitate Jesus, do you think 10% is enough, Jesus gave much more, he didn't preach on tithing, because he knew he was about to change the laws on sacrificing tithing, and offerings.

A percentage-tithe wouldn't cover a multitude such as the poor, the lame, the blind, feeding 5000 etc, on a daily route.

When tithing was in the O/T, it was made for the rich farmers to supply the stocks, crops, foods bringing it all into a storehouse "yearly."

And yearly "still" there was never enough to feed all, many died of hunger.

Look at today, man changed the tithing laws from foods to cash, and still many are dying of hunger.

Jesus showed us a good example for us all' to learn, teaching us he had fulfilled the laws, from as little as a 10%-23% tithe, from farmers.

He gave us a better way, by showing his love, and how to be a cheerful giver.
Being a cheerful giver had changed nations.

These day's if we were still under the tithing law, then the aid of peoples needs would be pooling.

Tithing wasn't a positive structure, many farmers did not obey God's laws, followed by the Levi priest who disobeyed him too.
Malachi 3:8 will a man rob God, the Levi priest done just that.

So if Jesus tithed a percentage on a yearly base, then no-one would have lived.
Jesus knew the tithing system was faulty with everyone ripping of God.

Plus if Jesus tithed, to whom? his own spirit, blood and water, God.

Seek the lord, and ask him to show you what scriptures points out what Jesus had to say.
Ask and it shall be given, knock, and it will be open.

Matthew 17:24 The tax collectors fronted Peter and asked, does not your teacher pay the temple tax, Peter said yes: Jesus said: 'Simon" From whom do the Kings of the earth take customs{tithes} taxes, from their own sons or from strangers, Peter said: from strangers, Jesus than said: Then the Sons are free.

You are free from the law and tithing was part of that law.

Matthew 6: birds they neither sow, nor they reap, nor put into barns, and yet the Lord feeds them, how much more are you?

No-one seems to follow Jesus, don't you realize Jesus is the way, he is the truth and the light of this world.
God gave Jesus all authority, not just part of it ALL. We hear this all the time, when one wants to prove a point, they always go back to what God said in Old Testament, Never what Jesus say's?
Ochedi:

Question : Dear Pastor, if I inherited all things through Christ, and I possess all things by Him, why do I have to give and pay tithe to be blessed, knowing that my blessings are not by my own works?

Answer : Very good question. Well, you were not told in the Bible (in the New Testament particularly) that except you give your tithes like you said, you will not be blessed.

That’s not what it said. In the Old Testament, you had to do that; you had to follow the commandments to be blessed. Now, in the New Testament, He’s not asking you to follow these commandments to be blessed, but the point is that God’s Word is a blessing to you. In other words, part of your inheritance in Christ is the very Word of God, His instructions. It says in the Bible that His instructions are righteous. That’s so important. The very fact that God tells you to do something is a blessing in itself.

So, part of the blessing that you have in Christ is that you are asked to do anything, so it is part of the blessing, and so giving is not the reason for your blessing, but it is the result of your blessing.Secondly, you have to understand that there is a law of sowing and reaping, and in the New Testament it is further emphasized, saying “…whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” [Galatians 6:7], “…He that soweth sparingly shall also reap sparingly; He that soweth bountifully shall also reap bountifully.” [2 Corinthians 9:6].

In other words, it is a law of the Spirit. So, your giving is a form of sowing, like a farmer who is blessed with a farm, but he has to sow to get a harvest. So, God is not telling you that when you receive, it is a special blessing. No, it is conditioned on your sowing; it’s up to you. It is a play of the laws.

You work on the laws, and they work for you; you work against them, and they work against you. So, giving and tithing and all that you’ve just talked about actually are a means to your harvest. It’s not like God wanting to bless you afresh, no. But, the blessing is the very law of sowing and reaping which He has given to you, and He told you to give your tithes and your offerings and other kinds of giving that the Bible talks about.

The blessing is what brings about the tithing, because tithe means a tenth of that which God has blessed you with, so He has actually blessed you, and that is the reason for the tithe. Your tithing is a testimony of your blessing. He’s not saying, “Bring your tithe, so you will be blessed;” He is saying, “I have blessed you, so give me the tithe.”

Tithe is the tenth part with which you honour the Lord. Now, when you don’t honour the Lord like this, you are not recognizing that the Lord is the one that is blessing you and no one can say that God has never blessed him.

We have all been blessed by God in different measures, and we are all blessed. So, you probably got the teaching wrong as to giving your tithe to be blessed. No, you give your tithe, because you have been blessed; it is part of your testimony.

1 Like

Re: Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ by Ochedi(m): 10:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
U said alot .yet I don't where u're coming from or where u're goin

(1) (Reply)

We Don't Want Evil Prophecy Concerning 2022 / Creepy And Terrifying Photos Of Ghosts Caught On Camera / Going To Church On Saturday (the True Sabbath Day)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.