Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,146 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble (1113 Views)

How Many Do You Remember? / What Thing Makes You Feel Ashamed Any Time You Remember It? / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do Perfectly Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble by 7victor(m): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
To me, one of the premier reasons I become sober is the recognition that one day, I and everyone who is presently alive will no longer be on this Earth,

just like there were people in the other centuries like the 15th,16th,17th,18th centuries who lived but now all of them have left this Earth.

By 2121, hundred years from today, everyone presently alive will be all dead.

By then, you may be in heaven although.

But I am talking about you living on the Earth.

This underscores the reason we should not allow things to worry us, because no matter what,we will never leave this Earth with anything.

Why do you get so angry or worried about anything of which you will not live forever to enjoy on the Earth?

So if someone or something has offended you,or something doesn't turn out the way you wanted, you should let it go,

because,by 2100, you will not be alive to continue enjoying what you are getting offended about.

NOTHING MATTERS IN LIFE APART FROM HAVING FOOD TO EAT, CLOTHES TO WEAR, AND SHELTER TO REST YOUR HEAD.

EVERY OTHER THING IS NOT NECESSARY AS YOU WON'T TAKE THEM WITH YOU WHEN LEAVING THE EARTH.

YOU CANNOT ACHIEVE MORE THAN SOLOMON OR ALEXANDER THE GREAT, WHO DESPITE THEIR ACHIEVEMENT, LEFT THE EARTH WITH NOTHING.

Can you mention something which when you think about, it makes you sober and humble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble by 7victor(m): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
Another thing that makes me sober is when I remember yesterday.

The same way yesterday does not matter anymore to us, is the same way today will not matter in the next many years.

In the past, you must have been offended or abused by someone or something, but today you don't even remember it again,

or even if you remember,it doesn't matter anymore to you.

So you have to see today as the yesterday of tomorrow.

That's why they say "Time changes yesterday" because

the yesterday that looked so offensive and distressing when you were in it,

over time, you don't feel it again, but may even feel it was good.

Whatever you experienced yesterday,which did not feel good, over time you either feel good about it or you no longer feel bad about it.

This underscores the need for self restrain instead of reacting negatively and complicating things over a situation which will not matter in the next few/many years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nigeria situation
Re: Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble by 7victor(m): 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
If you actually want to be sober, try to remember all aspects of your life before today.

For example,try to remember how you were a small boy or girl, playing with other kids.

To you then, that is all what mattered.

But now, it doesn't matter.

Even so, today will no longer matter to you in the next few/many years.

So don't take today very serious, because soon,it won't matter.

Also try reading history books. It will lead you into the recognition that your life on Earth will come to an end,

just as people lived yesterday, did a lot of things, even better than you are doing, but today they're no more.

You won't be far from the realization that most things achieved yesterday did not continue forever.

For example,Nebuchadnezzar built Babylon, but today Babylon is no more.
Re: Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble by criuze(m): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
Buhari
Re: Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble by SportsHD: 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
7victor:

By 2121, hundred years from today, everyone presently alive will be all dead.

[b][i]By
What If technology made that impossible? I'm just saying? With the way the world is advancing, it might just happen?
Re: Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble by 7victor(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
SportsHD:

What If technology made that impossible? I'm just saying? With the way the world is advancing, it might just happen?

Ok.

But for now, nothing like that.
Re: Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble by 7victor(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
Bodmum:
Nigeria situation

Ok.
Re: Mention Something Which When You Remember, It Makes You Sober And Humble by 7victor(m): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
criuze:
Buhari

Ok.

By 2023, when he steps down, and you think about him,

you will no longer be angry.

What will matter then will not be today.

If things turned out very well by then, you will be surprised that your thoughts about the past (ie today) will even be pleasant.

That is why they say The good old days.

One psychologist said " Do not fail to appreciate today while you are still in it, because by tomorrow, you will surely miss today. "

It doesn't always mean that old days were good and pleasant when you experienced it.

It is mostly pleasant when you have passed it and you are looking at it in retrospect.

Time changes yesterday from bad to good.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Has A ‘rare Chance’ With Obi’s Sudden Ascent’ / How Come There Is No Place To Chat Here In This Website / Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.