Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems (1778 Views)

Çan You Write Programs For Games With Java. / Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? / Best Operating System For Programming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by Nobody: 3:02am On May 28, 2011
Dear Nairaland Programmers,

Mostly and evidently lacking in the Nairaland Programming Section are programming problems---problems where the goal is simply to write code in any programming language to solve a particular problem. The problems should aim not only to educate programmers on a particular subject or methodology but also to encourage them to learn another language, accumulate bragging rights, and to keep their interests and passion steaming hot. Mr. Beaf led the way by posing a simple problem on this thread; a problem which elicited answers from eclectic languages like C++, Java, C#, PHP, and even Octave. So we encourage Programmers to religiously post problems so that we all can learn. One of the criteria below must be used to evaluate the submitted program:

[list]
[li]Correctness OR[/li]
[li]Correctness & Efficiency OR [/li]
[li]Correctness & Minimal Solution.[/li]
[/list]

In the event that you shall be using Criterion II, you should use this thread to attach the programs which shall be used to perform the time analysis. Comments and criticisms are highly welcome.

This thread was Beaf's idea.
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by kodewrita(m): 7:40am On May 28, 2011
About time we had some of those. Checked the New Posts and its clear there are lesser people making Programming posts compared to politics and other sections. This should bring it alive again.
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by Otuabaroku: 3:00pm On May 28, 2011
I think this is very good move. It will surely keep this section alive again. Well done!
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by dellnet: 7:34pm On May 28, 2011
Otuabaroku:

I think this is very good move. It will surely keep this section alive again. Well done!

Cant keep me alive with a hoax.
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 28, 2011
@ Otuabaroku & @ kodewrita
Thank you.

dell_net:

Cant keep me alive with a hoax.
What do you mean?
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by dellnet: 6:11am On May 29, 2011
What do you mean?
If you guys want to post problems, post something that is well defined and within standards.
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by Nobody: 6:34am On May 29, 2011
Of course, I agree. Beaf's first problem wasn't without its faults, which is why we have agreed to take this step. And there's no such thing as you guys, everyone is part of the team. Even you can also post problems. You can do the honors of first posting such a problem.
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by olyivy(f): 5:32pm On Jun 08, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Of course, I agree. Beaf's first problem wasn't without its faults, which is why we have agreed to take this step. And there's no such thing as [b]you guys, everyone is part of the team. Even you can also post problems. You can do the honors of first posting such a problem.[/b]

Dont mind him. People who speak like that often think the sun shines out of their assx. grin
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by toluxa1(m): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2011
This is really interesting. Can I also post a problem of my own with the aim of getting help (solution) from gurus like 'you guys'?

PS: I'm like at that level between beginner and intermediate
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
toluxa1:

This is really interesting. Can I also post a problem of my own with the aim of getting help (solution) from gurus like 'you guys'?

PS: I'm like at that level between beginner and intermediate

Of course you can, but then it wouldn't fall into the category of problems this thread was created for. Normally, if you post a problem on the programming section, NL programmers will do their best to aid you in solving it. You can think of this particular thread as catering to Programming Contests.
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by lordZOUGA(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2012
so uh, What happened to the thread??
Anyways, can anyone write a program in any language (or provide a suitable algorithm) that scrambles a string into every possible combination the string can have, eg.
Scramble("tear", other_args_u_need);
returns {tera, erat, aret, Etc};

haven't done it yet and remember u must not post what you think and what you think doesn't always matter
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by Koolwilly(m): 12:53am On Jan 13, 2012
I am a programming newbie, I started with php and mysql. I want to develop an application for my church that could be used to callate the data of the member and their pictures. PLease I need advise and help on how to go about it.
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by Fayimora(m): 2:32am On Jan 13, 2012
Holla, firstly you need to start something, An application isint gonna fall from heaven,

Secondly and mainly, please create another thread for this.
Re: Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems by Koolwilly(m): 7:36am On Jan 13, 2012
^^Thats exactly why I came outta here to get step on how to go about it bro,

(1) (Reply)

Can You Solve This Tricky Question? / Codeigniter Tutorial For Beginners- Explanation With Text,pics And Video / My Laravel App Hosted On Whogohost Shared Hosting Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.