Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

HELP!!!A Frustrated Student And Landlord ...don't Know What To Do. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / HELP!!!A Frustrated Student And Landlord ...don't Know What To Do. (274 Views)

HELP!!!A Frustrated Student And Landlord ...don't Know What To Do. / My Landlord Served Me A Quit Notice And I Want To Know What What My Rights Are / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP!!!A Frustrated Student And Landlord ...don't Know What To Do. by Morenike12345: 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
I don't really know where to start,but I know I really do need help.

I once posted a complain about my landlord issue here some weeks ago..will try and summarize everything here again.

Am a medical student of usmanu danfodiyo University..
The whole issue started last year during Corona period.
The rent of the house is 70k.
March last year I paid 50k,which remain 20k for the balance,then Corona stuff happened that we all had to travel home.
We resumed this January,which the landlord insisted I pay his remaining 20k.
Around June ,I gave the landlord 40k which he said after removing his last year balance,the remaining 20k is for part payment of my rent.
I promise to pay him d balance which is 50k b4 my rent runs out...but early this month,he brought a 7days quit notice in the aim of them wanting to repair the house.
I thought maybe it's bcs of money issues,i struggled to find 40k...and normally my rent is supposed to expire next year March...then,i went to his office to give him the money,but to my surprise he refused to collect it..
Even after telling him I just lost my mum,all he said is,he doesn't care who I lost all he just want is for me to leave the house.
The money with me can't even get me another apartment here in sokoto cause house for students is too cost here.
On the 7th day.. he came that I shld write and agreement that I will leave his ouse after 6days, that, that's the only help he can do for me..
I cant write any agreement cause I have to travel for my mum's burial and I would still be at home during those period and I explain to him why I can't write the agreement,he said that is my own problem and he will be very open to me,he's an HOD in geography department and he can take this case to any length and am a Christian,he's a Muslim and am a Yoruba ,he's an hausa.. so I don't have any advantage than just to leave...he left angrily that day cause I insisted I can't sign or write any agreement...
Now,I have resist exam next week in school,am so frustrated and fedup,I can't even open my book to read.
Then yesterday they brought another quit notice and gave me till month ending..
Now I don't know what to do.
I have even lost myself.
I have lost focus and everything just because of what is happening or going on around me.
The money with me is not even enough to get anoda apartment.
Pls ,what should I do??
I have exam coming my way
My future is at stake and this man doesn't care.

Those are the letter he brought.
The first one and the second one.

Re: HELP!!!A Frustrated Student And Landlord ...don't Know What To Do. by Abfinest007(m): 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sue the
Bastard to God's palace

(1) (Reply)

7 Bedroom Duplex At Isheri Road For Sale / 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Home For Sale!!! / Concrete Overhead Water Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.