Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,323 members, 7,842,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? (1302 Views)

Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Morally Bankrupt? / Trump's Fan Who Wants To Run Away From The US Trailed By Hilarious Reactions / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Domino18: 8:59am On Sep 29, 2021
Yesterday, I read that Nigerians who are emigrating out of the country are celebrating and saying goodbye on Twitter. This news set me off thinking.

Clearly Insecurity seems to be getting worse in Nigeria. The trend today is that lots and lots of Nigerians are porting out of the country. The vast majority of those emigrating out are from Southern Nigeria. Again many of these are able bodied men and women. I want the people who are celebrating their emigration to consider the following questions and statements.

1). In the event of bandits and terrorists launching a full scale offensive against southern Nigeria, who are you leaving behind to fight for you? As you are running away, what about your loved ones and relatives you left behind? Do you really care about them?

2). Will you be willing to come back to defend your ancestral land if there is full scale war against Southern Nigeria?

3). Those countries you are running to was built by the blood of their citizens. They never ran away at the critical hour when they should stand up as true sons of their fathers.

4). For example when the British wanted to colonize America, the settlers didn't run away but stood up like men and fought and won the war of independence. That's the same America you are running to.

5). When Hitler invaded England, the English did not emigrate to America or their countries, they stood up and defended their land and their honor.

6). Even the Jews who were scattered out of the land of Israel to all over the world, even though they prospered in their diaspora, true happiness eluded them until they came back and fought, shed their blood and established the state of Israel as we know it today. They are still willing to die till today to defend their honor as men.

7). Back here in Africa, the black South Africans did not scatter to the rest of Africa under the cruel and bloody reign of apartheid. They stood, organized and fought until their victory is won.

cool. Finally, assuming God forbid the whole Nigeria falls into the hands of terrorists and bandits and Southern Nigeria identity and culture are obliterated, how will your children and subsequent generations judge you? A coward or hero?

9). Fellow Nigerians, let's have your opinion on this.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by donbachi(m): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2021
Yes!...as long as,u're running away from an immoral country.
Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Gudbadguy: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2021
Domino18:
Yesterday, I read that Nigerians who are emigrating out of the country are celebrating and saying goodbye on Twitter. This news set me off thinking.

Clearly Insecurity seems to be getting worse in Nigeria. The trend today is that lots and lots of Nigerians are porting out of the country. The vast majority of those emigrating out are from Southern Nigeria. Again many of these are able bodied men and women. I want the people who are celebrating their emigration to consider the following questions and statements.

1). In the event of bandits and terrorists launching a full scale offensive against southern Nigeria, who are you leaving behind to fight for you? As you are running away, what about your loved ones and relatives you left behind? Do you really care about them?

2). Will you be willing to come back to defend your ancestral land if there is full scale war against Southern Nigeria?

3). Those countries you are running to was built by the blood of their citizens. They never ran away at the critical hour when they should stand up as true sons of their fathers.

4). For example when the British wanted to colonize America, the settlers didn't run away but stood up like men and fought and won the war of independence. That's the same America you are running to.

5). When Hitler invaded England, the English did not emigrate to America or their countries, they stood up and defended their land and their honor.

6). Even the Jews who were scattered out of the land of Israel to all over the world, even though they prospered in their diaspora, true happiness eluded them until they came back and fought, shed their blood and established the state of Israel as we know it today. They are still willing to die till today to defend their honor as men.

7). Back here in Africa, the black South Africans did not scatter to the rest of Africa under the cruel and bloody reign of apartheid. They stood, organized and fought until their victory is won.

cool. Finally, assuming God forbid the whole Nigeria falls into the hands of terrorists and bandits and Southern Nigeria identity and culture are obliterated, how will your children and subsequent generations judge you? A coward or hero?

You can't compare those cases to Nigeria.They had an all out war.everybody comes out to fight.this side against the other side.but Nigeria's case is different.its not an all out war.Nigeria is like afganistan your enemies are within your ranks.such wars are not easily won

3 Likes

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Op you will be left to fight na thats if you arent abroad sef. I fear evil diasporan Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Aremu01(m): 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Domino18:

When I eventually get out of this shithole I am sure my kids and further generations will be forever grateful to me for giving them a better life and future compared to what I had from my parent

3 Likes

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by MufasaLion: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
It's morally right. Would you rather live in a country that your future is not secure not that if your unborn and future generations or move to a saner clime?
Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Davidonkonsults: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
I look like voltron abi? Defend ko...

4 Likes

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
@op, talk dey hungry you
Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Bifwoli: 12:53am On Sep 30, 2021
MufasaLion:
It's morally right. Would you rather live in a country that your future is not secure not that if your unborn and future generations or move to a saner clime?
Why not stick home to make your country a saner livable clime? When the Brits made it to southern tip of Africa in 1600s there was nothing ..no modern roads,no running water,no electricity ,lots of hostile tribes but they stuck out and made SA the magnet it is today.
Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by ednut1(m): 1:03am On Sep 30, 2021
A senseless article. Why did Europeans move to America, Australia and other places in the world in the 1400 to 1900s. Where are there 50m Chinese abroad Who ancestral land help the native Indians lost Americas , the world no end. Misery loves company. Defend and fight for Nigeria we go send u prayers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by cassidy1996(m): 5:08am On Sep 30, 2021
If you have the opportunity to travel out just do,

4 Likes

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by DropsMic(m): 7:19am On Sep 30, 2021
Moronic post
Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by achmed1(m): 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
ednut1:
A senseless article. Why did Europeans move to America, Australia and other places in the world in the 1400 to 1900s. Where are there 50m Chinese abroad Who ancestral land help the native Indians lost Americas , the world no end. Misery loves company. Defend and fight for Nigeria we go send u prayers

Nonsense Post.
Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Limassol(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
Bifwoli:
Why not stick home to make your country a saner livable clime? When the Brits made it to southern tip of Africa in 1600s there was nothing ..no modern roads,no running water,no electricity ,lots of hostile tribes but they stuck out and made SA the magnet it is today.
Humans have been magriting from one place to the other from time immemorial... This question itself is absurd.

1 Like

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Grace001: 8:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
You are comparing Nigeria with America and British. Only a kid born in millennium will write like this OP. Stay home and fight for it, and allow those who want to give their kids a better/saner country nationality migrate in peace.

You want people to stick to a home where the system support injustices and favor one section over the other.

Above all, a home with FAKE UNITY and forced togetherness among the people. And you think a home with (FAKE UNITY,FORCED TOGETHERNESS) like Nigeria will achieve what Americans and Britains achieved when they stood their ground.

Southern Nigeria passed a law to ban open grazing, so that the northern Nigeria can embrace modern ways of ranching. Another section in that place you called home have the audacity to say the law is useless.

Pity yourself if you still have hope in Nigeria because you’re your own enemy.

3 Likes

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Grace001: 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
ednut1:

The OP is a kid I guess

1 Like

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by chinchum(m): 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
Domino18:

Much ado about nothing. South of Nigeria with a population of about 100 million, with over 50 million less than 19 years.

How many people have travelled out of the country for good in the last 61 years? If you can provide a sensible estimate, you will see your writeup is gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Papushua: 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
If it's bad now with a young population, then imagine in the future. The best solution is to get out of here.
Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by Ajibade123(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2021
I would rather die as a coward with a peaceful and fulfilled life than as an unnecessary hero for a lost country
Re: Running Away From Nigeria: Is It Morally Right? by BigDawsNet: 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
I dint run because of bandits because obviously it wasn't heavy at that time...I left because I knew I wasn't meant to based in Nigeria..it like renting an Airbnb for a few days..you know someday you gat to check out...

So I used to tell myself "This Nigeria is not for me to reside and hav a family" in short...I never felt it was home...I have an imagination of home somewhere else...

When I arrived finally at that location
I told myself " yes yes!! This is what hav been saying for decades...This is my home"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reason 4 Refusal Of Visa By D Us Embassy / Help !: Where Can I Get Garri In Dubai ? / Us Visa Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.