Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,551 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Xcode 13 Issues? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Xcode 13 Issues? (397 Views)

Xcode Command Phasescriptexecution Failed With A Nonzero Exit Code / In Need Of Macos Or Xos Image With Xcode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xcode 13 Issues? by Denn(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2021
I upgraded my Xcode to 13 some days ago and it has not been a pleasant experience.

First, it took extremely long to update ( over 12 hours despite download completing in around 2 hours)

Initial loads were ok but when i try to load a simulator, the app freezes and the fans kick in to jet mode.

I tired running in safe mode but the issue persists.

I have unfortunately decided to uninstall it and reinstall the 12.5.1 i was running prior.

Download in progress.
Re: Xcode 13 Issues? by Denn(m): 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
* Uninstalled Xcode 13
*Installed 12.5.1 (Tip: Don't Update or Install Xcode via the App Store...wastes time)
*Xcode now back on track....

Advice: Dont Upgrade to Xcode 13 yet until the bugs are corrected or until Monterey is released (which will be in a couple of weeks).

Cheers
Re: Xcode 13 Issues? by jackest1(m): 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nice
Re: Xcode 13 Issues? by dake40(m): 6:58am On Nov 22, 2021
Denn:
I upgraded my Xcode to 13 some days ago and it has not been a pleasant experience.

First, it took extremely long to update ( over 12 hours despite download completing in around 2 hours)

Initial loads were ok but when i try to load a simulator, the app freezes and the fans kick in to jet mode.

I tired running in safe mode but the issue persists.

I have unfortunately decided to uninstall it and reinstall the 12.5.1 i was running prior.

Download in progress.

HI,

I have about 400k budget to get a macbook pro to learn Swift.

What macbook pro year and spec would you recommend?
Re: Xcode 13 Issues? by MrMcJay(m): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
dake40:

HI,

I have about 400k budget to get a macbook pro to learn Swift.

What macbook pro year and spec would you recommend?

If you ask around, the recommended system specs to run ios devt are:

1. A Mac with macOS Catalina (10.15.2) for Xcode 11.5 or macOS Mojave (10.14.4) for Xcode 11.0

2. At least an Intel i5- or i7-equivalent CPU, so about 2.0 GHz should be enough

3. At least 8 GB of RAM, but 16 GB lets you run more apps at the same time

4. At least 256 GB disk storage, although 512 GB is more comfortable

5. You’ll need about 8 GB of disk space, but Xcode’s intermediate files can take up to 10-30 GB of extra disk space

(1) (Reply)

Professional Full Stack Developer, Programmer And Server Admin Payment After Job / Need A GT Bank Employee / What Does Employed Web Developers Do In Their Workplace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.