Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,182 members, 7,860,243 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Does Employed Web Developers Do In Their Workplace? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Does Employed Web Developers Do In Their Workplace? (402 Views)

With The Recent Lay-off And Hiring Freeze, How's It At Your Workplace? / Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? / Gurus In The House, What Do Backend Developers Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Employed Web Developers Do In Their Workplace? by SpiderKage: 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
I believe the title question is self-explanatory but I'll go into more details. As an employed web developer (visiting this Nairaland), what are your common tasks in your workplace?

Do you build websites for your company or for your company's clients?

What are you usually tasked or charged to do by your company? I'm just curious, plus the insight would be quite valuable.

1 Like

Re: What Does Employed Web Developers Do In Their Workplace? by fman(m): 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
before I left a paid job at Abuja in 2015 as a junior programmer.
I worked with company catalog of activities. Basically we always had couples of board meetings with our senior project manager before executing a project.
We drop ideals and draw a schematics on how to handle and execute a client's project. So everybody picks up their roles.. it was more of team work.
I enjoyed working with those guys.
I left to establish my own firm in 2017.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Employed Web Developers Do In Their Workplace? by peterincredible: 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
It depends on the company if you are working in a digital agency will be handling fresh project and also maintaing clients project
But if you are employed for a company who owns a digital product u will end up fixing bugs and enhancing the company product and also adding new features to the companies digital product

As for me I work I work in a company that has a digital product so I always fix bugs and add new features to the existing code base and that is my job workflow currently

4 Likes

Re: What Does Employed Web Developers Do In Their Workplace? by Runningwater(m): 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
SpiderKage:
I believe the title question is self-explanatory but I'll go into more details. As an employed web developer (visiting this Nairaland), what are your common tasks in your workplace?

Do you build websites for your company or for your company's clients?

What are you usually tasked or charged to do by your company? I'm just curious, plus the insight would be quite valuable.

I've been so curious to know that had to check YouTube but almost all are jargons and people who want to increase their views. I needed to know the exact day to day coding activities of web developer
A nice thread to follow smiley

I only know of updating, fixing bugs and adding newer features to codebase according to few articles I've read.

1 Like

Re: What Does Employed Web Developers Do In Their Workplace? by SpiderKage: 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
Re: What Does Employed Web Developers Do In Their Workplace? by SpiderKage: 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
I do appreciate the input guys.

But damn, it's gone beyond curiosity. It's quite important I really know the usual work or daily tasks developers are charged with in their previous or current workplace.

It'll help in my mental and overall interview prep.

@Ayinke93
@tensagetsu
@TheManOfTheYear
@greatigboman
@reactjs
@hannania
@DrLevi
@truthcoder, etc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Build Sln Files / Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? / Cyber Security Course And Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.