Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? (11204 Views)

Married To A Man Who Doesn't Want Me To Grow / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! / Is A Man Of 36 Without A Good Relationship And A Well Paid Job Be Termed A Loser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
I was having a conversation with a lady and two guys a couple of days ago, and in the course of the conversation I told them I rarely drink alcohol (just a bottle of Heineken in a month or two), I don't smoke, I don't womanize and I don't crave for money.
I was told that I wasn't normal, that an average man must indulge in one or two of those vices.

I will people to share their opinions on this.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by chatinent: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
I don't smoke, drink, womanise, too dey crave for money, watch football, club ...and when sb tells me I ain't normal, I am glad. It doesn't mean I don't have fun, I do in my own special way with fam! We go out too, of course!

Why am I glad? That's what I always want to hear. Because when I am becoming “normal” then there is a problem. But when I am not “normal,” it makes me know I am still very very normal... I even celebrate the news.

What I do when I hear such: I remove squares out of my circles.

Case solved.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by jaymichael(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
paulavon:
I was having a conversation with a lady and two guys a couple of days ago, and in the course of the conversation I told them I rarely drink alcohol (just a bottle of Heineken in a month or two), I don't smoke, I don't womanize and I don't crave for money.
I was told that I wasn't normal, that an average man must indulge in one or two of those vices.

Be proud of your "abnormality" if that brings you peace and happiness. As long as what brings you joy, peace and happiness is not illegal.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by mariahAngel(f): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
When you say I don’t crave for money, what does that mean?
How is that a vice?

13 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
lipsrsealed
Normally,as a guy man,you supposed to dey package one of those things na..

Personally cha,I don't smoke,I don't drink ,I don't club and I don't womanize....But when it comes to gist about football,count me in....But majority of my nighas dey package all of them......
in fact,I can't make a Nigha who doesn't like watching or gisting about football my friend...

Moreover,I near say smokers can easily make friends cheesy. Like one or two of my nigha's wey dey smoke don confirm am to me cha..

11 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
mariahAngel:
How is that a vice?

Maybe he meant those people desperate for it that they indulge in illicit acts and Yahoo to get money because these are vices maybe that is what he was referring to.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
paulavon:

That is a beer parlour gist,you are very normal many of the people that say this are close minded and use this as an excuse or reason for them to do what they do.

I have seen men who don't fall in any of those categories and they are not abnormal if that is an abnormality to them it is time we start normalising it.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Righteousness2(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
That's the Crazy, Decaying, Abominable and Sinking World we Live in today.

A World where Good is Called Evil and Evil is Called Good.
That's the Spirit of the Endtimes that has Engulfed the World Inhabitants.

The Fact that Majority or Everyone decides to do evil does not make Evil right.

Wherever you are, Stand out From the Crowd.
Stand For Righteousness!
Stand For Holiness!
Stand For JESUS Christ!
JESUS is Coming! And HE will take those who stand boldly for HIM.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by bukatyne(f): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
paulavon:

Well, tell them you are not average cool

In the world of today, called 'abnormal' is becoming a virtue.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
What I meant was that, I am not really moved or influenced by money, I am contented with the little I have. It is not a do or die matter for me.
Some people will tell you that " money matter I no dey use am play oh"
mariahAngel:
How is that a vice?

6 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
Thanks for your words of encouragement
Righteousness2:
That's the Crazy, Decaying, Abominable and Sinking World we Live in today.

A World were Good is Called Evil and Evil is Called Good.
That's the Spirit of the Endtimes that has Engulfed the World Inhabitants.

The Fact that Majority or Everyone decides to do evil does not make Evil right.

Wherever you are, Stand out From the Crowd.
Stand For Righteousness!
Stand For Holiness!
Stand For JESUS Christ!
JESUS is Coming! And HE will take those who stand boldly for HIM.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2021
I was even attacked the most by the lady.
She said I should go and check myself, that something was wrong with me.

I am not a righteous person, I have friends who drink, smoke and womanise but I just don't get involved.

I have been reflecting on her comments and I felt the need to seek for other opinions to know if I am normal.

AmazonTopaz:

That is a beer parlour gist,you are very normal many of the people that say this are close minded and use this as an excuse or reason for them to do what they do.

I have seen men who don't fall in any of those categories and they are not abnormal if that is an abnormality to them it is time we start normalising it.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
My brother, I am a football and music lover.
I am a die-hard Chelsea fan, I have been supporting them since 2003.

The fact is that I live my life in such a way I am not subdued by anything.

Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Normally,as a guy man,you supposed to dey package one of those things na..

Personally cha,I don't smoke,I don't drink ,I don't club and I don't womanize....But when it comes to gist about football,count me in....But majority of my nighas dey package all of them......
in fact,I can't make a Nigha who doesn't like watching or gisting about football my friend...

Moreover,I near say smokers can easily make friends cheesy. Like one or two of my nigha's wey dey smoke don confirm am to me cha..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Sonnobax15(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
paulavon:
My brother, I am a football and music lover.
I am a die-hard Chelsea fan, I have been supporting them since 2003.

The fact is that I live my life in such a way I am not subdued by anything.

cool blue blood forever bro cool

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by MufasaLion: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
Bro, you aint abnormal. I have a guy that has never womanised, nor drink, nor smoke, nor do any vices.

Actually, I'm cool with anybidy as long as your personality matches mine.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Bolarineliza202: 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
You are normal and believe me you will later become happy for threading on the right part by not doing all those worthless things.

NOTE:never change the good things you are doing in the future for any reason.Those girls who mock you today will later regret their actions tomorrow and will end up respecting your idea.
Ciao!
paulavon:

I am not a righteous person, I have friends who drink, smoke and womanise but I just don't get involved.

I have been reflecting on her comments and I felt the need to seek for other opinions to know if I am normal.

8 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by mariahAngel(f): 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
MufasaLion:
Bro, you aint abnormal. I have a guy that has never womanised, nor drink, nor smoke, nor do any vices.

Actually, I'm cool with anybidy as long as your personality matches mine.

The bolded is what life is about, and once you’ve
figured that out, you become happier.
We don’t have be friends with everybody, and we don’t have to relate with people we don’t vibe with.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by MufasaLion: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

The bolded is what life is about, and once you’ve
figured that out, you become happier.
We don’t have be friends with everybody, and we don’t have to relate with people we don’t vibe with.

Exactly! Once you understand yourself. I don't even like unnecessary friendships or acquaintances. I choose the people I want. People don't choose me.

7 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by mariahAngel(f): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

Exactly! Once you understand yourself. I don't even like unnecessary friendships or acquaintances. I choose the people I want. People don't choose me.

Are you in my mind? Gerrout Mufasa! grin

2 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Richy4(m): 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
A lot of people have already said what was on my mind, What a lovely feedback for you OP....I can't count the number of them up there... So I just have to say Seconded cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by MufasaLion: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

Are you in my mind? Gerrout Mufasa! grin

e jikọtara anyị ọnụ. tongue
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
You can avoid such friends, you don't even need to hear what they have to say. The said lady has associated with drunks, womanizers and greedy guys all her life, such that decency seems abnormal to her. She doesn't know that there are plenty women who pray to have men like you.
paulavon post=106316818[b:
]I was even attacked the most by the lady.
She said I should go a[/b]nd check myself, that something was wrong with me.

11 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by mariahAngel(f): 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
paulavon:

Don’t let it bother you.
Your personalities (yours and hers) simply don’t match and that’s it.
You don’t have to roll with people that do not make you feel good (you’ll recognize the vibe).
Just minimize relating with them, or you cut them off for the sake of your happiness.
Identify the people your vibe matches with theirs and roll with them. Be more intentional with your happiness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by mariahAngel(f): 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

e jikọtara anyị ọnụ. tongue

Gerrarahia! grin
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by MufasaLion: 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

Gerrarahia! grin

Ị nweghị ike ịgbapụ n'ihi na m ga -akpọrọ gị pụọ. embarassed cool wink
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
paulavon:

It seems in her circle she hasn't seen better or anyone deviate from their norm hence her statement.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2021
I am glad there are still good people like you who appreciates decency.

LilMissFavvy:
You can avoid such friends, you don't even need to hear what they have to say. The said lady has associated with drunks, womanizers and greedy guys all her life, such that decency seems abnormal to her. She doesn't know that there are plenty women who pray to have men like you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
You have spoken well, thanks

mariahAngel:

Don’t let it bother you.
Your personalities (yours and hers) simply don’t match and that’s it.
You don’t have to roll with people that do not make you feel good (you’ll recognize the vibe).
Just minimize relating with them, or you cut them off for the sake of your happiness.
Identify the people your vibe matches with theirs and roll with them. Be more intentional with your happiness.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by mariahAngel(f): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
paulavon:
You have spoken well, thanks

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by debbydams(f): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
paulavon:

op u are normal..
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 10:32am On Oct 01, 2021
@royalroy, @lalasticlala,pls push to front page
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Konjiboi: 11:20am On Oct 01, 2021
You're in a wrong setting.
Change circle.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Good Bye Nairaland.....i Am Killing Myself This Night / Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed / Plans changed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.