Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? (391 Views)

FCMB Locates Little Girl, Dele That Used ATM Light For Assignment / FCMB Bank In Search Of Dele, Girl Who Used ATM Light To Write Her Assignment / WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? by Misternas89(m): 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
Oh my grin !!! I could remembered vividly during my undergraduate days at UNILORIN, was in 200L and that was in the year 2009. I was staying off campus at Tanke Oke odo. Monthly allawee from my parent then was between 4-5k as it varies.

Well it was my 1st semester as I could remember. I was left with a cup of white beans( who get money for ewa pupa or ewa oloyin), no palm oil , Maggie, onions and kerosene sef don finish for stove as gas no dey common that time. I resorted in calling a friend who lived at Tanke Tipper garage who had earlier promised me 500 naira. The happiness on my face that day knew no bound as I was even planning on buying plantain on top the money wey never reach my hand.

Brethren as a Kwara boy na, I say make I use style trek am from Tanke oke odo( around K-dorms/ Jalala community) to Tipper garage to see my sure friend. I had my last 50 naira in my pocket and I kept touching my pocket to be sure the money was intact. Before reaching Sanrab, Na so I see one old man selling FanYogo I reached out to my pocket and paid.
Perusing my yogurt and singing silently “igboro ti daru” by klever jay then. All that was in my head was to just meet my Padi wey go dash me that money and he go even pay for my transport back to Oke odo. Ladies and Gentlemen, as I reach my guy house I no see a single ant, even cockroach no welcome me. Call him out every where and I noticed He wasn’t no where to be found.

I was later told he went with some indigenes to play one friendly match at Gaa Akanbi/ Pipeline. I don’t know the time I lambasted the guy wey tell me about his whereabouts that no be only gaa Akanbi, na Gaa Ajala he go see. The guy just left me as he don see say my eyes don red. Even my movement no balance again due to hunger but thanks to FanYogo. I waited for him all to no avail as he no show till I left his house highly disappointed and heart broken.

I was later called by my mom that she’d sent 3k to my Gtbank account, wow wow my happiness was raised to power 50 that I even forgot my guy that disappointed. Another trekking go start again from Tipper garage to Tanke junction, but I no mind as I sha know my 3k still dey intact. Long story short, as I reach the atm, I inserted my card(firstly checked my balance again). Lo and behold, I selected withdrawal and all the necessary pin and all. Next thing I saw was issuance swith( I can never forget that words). Okay, make my ATM card come out, e no gree come out ooo. Na so I no see 3k collect, atm card sef don enter one chance.

The cry wey I cry that day, the tears wey comot for my eyes that day suppose reach Asa Dam water. I sha resorted in using student’s code for Ilorin taxi drivers (by pretending as if I lost money, then tell them to drop me after few distance). I used that code till i reach Mark, from Mark I take trekking finish the rest reach my house for Oke odo. Wetin I chop that very night wey I reach house na story for another day. Unilorin days mehn, I’ve got stories to tell my kids.

Oya guys share ur stories too if ATM don disappoints you before, keep the stories coming e dakun. Lalasticlala come reason my matter na, abi make I put snake picture join ni ?
CC: Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique.
Abeg make una help my story to the promise land.

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? by Bola146(f): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
grin many times. I could remember 2012 when I was so broke, I had #1350 in my first Bank account, you have to leave #1k inside the account, I had to go inside and queue to deposit #150 ( see shame that day) to top it to #500 so that I can use ATM card to withdraw it, after spending like 30 minutes on the queue to save, i went to the ATM machine asking people which one is bringing out #500, I inserted my ATM, I pressed my amount it was sounding like it want to bring out money cheesy cheesy na so the machine went off cry cry I went inside, the security said I should come next day, I went to bed hungry that day till next evening.

3 Likes

Re: Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? by Femmyfestus: 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nigerian banks ATM are naturally programmed to disappoint people. Is it how the machine electricity shocked me that I would talk about or how the piece of crap seize my dads card that he gave us to be using to feed during exam time in school cry .
I won't forget the hunger that wired us for that week

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? by chatinent: 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nobody is as security cautious and can block every peep-through space than sb withdrawing their last ₦500.

This is today's reality.

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? by Misternas89(m): 7:04am On Oct 01, 2021
Bola146:
grin many times
Madam Bola, try share the story now. Do be a stingy Bolanle wink cheesy
Re: Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? by Misternas89(m): 7:11am On Oct 01, 2021
Femmyfestus:
Nigerian banks ATM are naturally programmed to disappoint people. Is it how the machine electricity shocked me that I would talk about or how the piece of crap seize my dads card that he gave us to be using to feed during exam time in school cry .
I won't forget the hunger that wired us for that week
It’s really so unfortunate, and funny enough they would turned a deafening ear to all their client’s plea. That ATM machine button don shock me one time like that too. I had to be using my pen to press the buttons. It’s so worst like that....God help us

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? by Misternas89(m): 7:12am On Oct 01, 2021
chatinent:
Nobody is as security cautious and can block every peep-through space than sb withdrawing their last ₦500.

This is today's reality.
I’m telling you Chatinent. Come see how we dey always vex for school that time if we no see any atm wey go dispense 500 naira notes. grin grin. Good old days
Re: Has ATM Ever Disappointed You Before?? by chatinent: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2021
Misternas89:

I’m telling you Chatinent. Come see how we dey always vex for school that time if we no see any atm wey go dispense 500 naira notes. grin grin. Good old days

Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Tragedy As Students Jumps From 2nd Floor As Fire Engulfs School Hostel [watch] / UNICAL Staff Drowns In Orange Resort Swimming Pool In Calabar / You Are On Your Own If You Plan To Renegotiate Agreement – ASUU Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.