Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,439 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign (21919 Views)

Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Zordgrub: 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
Sorry to bore you but ill be very detailed so you all can understand me and proffer right advice.

TLDR; I am being indicted for fraud for not removing my former Boss card details before removing myself as an admin from an ad account and I have to write a Police undertaken before I get paid.

I work as a Digital Marketing for a brand in Lagos. My job involves creating ads, social media management and strategy.

We needed to launch a campaign on google but for some reasons my boss didn't know how to get his password. I suggested I created one, then he accepted and input his card details by himself. I sent him an invite to be an admin so he can see all im doing, which be accepted. He later became skeptical about it cos according to him, he said I created the account under my email so I am primary to the account while he is secondary, and he doesn't want that for his brand cos he already has google ad account, which means his card details is under my email and details. I told him it doesn't matter who is primary or secondary, we both share ownership cos he has admin status to it and he can login with his email too and I am not privy to his card details cos I can't even see the details on the card. He said no, that he wants to shut it down and remove his card. I then asked him how do we now pay for the campaigns already running? According to him, he said when someone replaces me, he would put it back and and initiate payments, I wasn't really paying attention to him, I then removed myself as admin from the ad account, meaning he alone owns it cos he was giving me the impression that I will bear the brunt of payment and I don't want my other ad accounts to be banned as a result.

He then got pissed and asked me to find my way back in to remove his card, I told him he has to grant me access then, he said no that he is not an admin to the account cos when he wanted to gain access to the ad account, he had verification issues while logging in, but I told him that he is the admin now and I don't even have access anymore. I had to reach out to support but they referred me back to him or attached a code to the backend of the site. He won't grant me access because of this primary and secondary thing and that he doesn't wanna click on a link that he's not sure what I have said to google cos he claims he's not the admin. I have apologized tire and explain tire yet he won't listen.

He said I should write a Police undertaken that if anything like fraud affects his card, I should be held responsible so if im innocent I shouldn't have any problem writing it before he can pay my money. Or I should find my way into the ad account to allow him remove his card. I told him I can't write any undertaken cos I wouldn't wanna be held responsible for anything I don't know about. The man is so mean so im being careful with writing anything.

My issue is, I need legal help for this issue. I work 6 days a week and I sleep over at the office some days cos the service we render involves entertainment so I need to gather content. I sleep on the floor in the office cos the accommodation is messy and I've lost weight cos of his work.

What should I do??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by providencia(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
Zordgrub:
Sorry to bore you but ill be very detailed so you all can understand me and proffer right advice.

TLDR; I am being indicted for fraud for not removing my former Boss card details before removing myself as an admin from an ad account and I have to write a Police undertaken before I get paid.

I work as a Digital Marketing for a brand in Lagos. My job involves creating ads, social media management and strategy.

We needed to launch a campaign on google but for some reasons my boss didn't know how to get his password. I suggested I created one, then he accepted and input his card details by himself. I sent him an invite to be an admin so he can see all im doing, which be accepted. He later became skeptical about it cos according to him, he said I created the account under my email so I am primary to the account while he is secondary, and he doesn't want that for his brand cos he already has google ad account, which means his card details is under my email and details. I told him it doesn't matter who is primary or secondary, we both share ownership cos he has admin status to it and he can login with his email too and I am not privy to his card details cos I can't even see the details on the card. He said no, that he wants to shut it down and remove his card. I then asked him how do we now pay for the campaigns already running? According to him, he said when someone replaces me, he would put it back and and initiate payments, I wasn't really paying attention to him, I then removed myself as admin from the ad account, meaning he alone owns it cos he was giving me the impression that I will bear the brunt of payment and I don't want my other ad accounts to be banned as a result.

He then got pissed and asked me to find my way back in to remove his card, I told him he has to grant me access then, he said no that he is not an admin to the account cos when he wanted to gain access to the ad account, he had verification issues while logging in, but I told him that he is the admin now and I don't even have access anymore. I had to reach out to support but they referred me back to him or attached a code to the backend of the site. He won't grant me access because of this primary and secondary thing and that he doesn't wanna click on a link that he's not sure what I have said to google cos he claims he's not the admin. I have apologized tire and explain tire yet he won't listen.

He said I should write a Police undertaken that if anything like fraud affects his card, I should be held responsible so if im innocent I shouldn't have any problem writing it before he can pay my money. Or I should find my way into the ad account to allow him remove his card. I told him I can't write any undertaken cos I wouldn't wanna be held responsible for anything I don't know about. The man is so mean so im being careful with writing anything.

My issue is, I need legal help for this issue. I work 6 days a week and I sleep over at the office some days cos the service we render involves entertainment so I need to gather content. I sleep on the floor in the office cos the accommodation is messy and I've lost weight cos of his work.

What should I do??

Cc lalasticlala ishilove

Tell him to block his card at his bank

241 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by yuping(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
Having an Ignorant and Tech illiterate as a boss only God and an attorney can help you.

220 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by utepu: 11:22pm On Oct 02, 2021
Do not sign an undertaking. As a tech person. Assist your boss to sign into the account and delete his card.

He said I should write a Police undertaken that if anything like fraud affects his card, I should be held responsible so if im innocent I shouldn't have any problem writing it before he can pay my money. Or I should find my way into the ad account to allow him remove his card. I told him I can't write any undertaken cos I wouldn't wanna be held responsible for anything I don't know about. The man

5 Likes

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Bombastically00(m): 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2021
Bros u created a problem for urself at first...all he wants was his email to be primary...his card details alone needs protection from third party....

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Zordgrub: 7:06am On Oct 03, 2021
Bombastically00:
Bros u created a problem for urself at first...all he wants was his email to be primary...his card details alone needs protection from third party....
baba, he input his card himself, he is the admin and delete his card details, he can block it too if he is scared.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Sirheny007(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2021
Block the card na undecided
May God deliver you from your boss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by richmond500: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2021
L
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Born2winKingOG: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2021
Fbi indictment
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by OBTMOS(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2021
N
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Freelane33(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2021
Insanity
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Dialpad: 7:55am On Oct 03, 2021
Just block the damn card rather than all these drama

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Yeezus998(m): 7:56am On Oct 03, 2021
Why can’t you just go to his office, sit down with him and resolve the problem while he’s there with you. Abi?

30 Likes

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Traplord09: 7:56am On Oct 03, 2021
yuping:
Having an Ignorant and Tech illiterate as a boss only God and an attorney can help you.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Terrence99: 7:57am On Oct 03, 2021
The fool you call your boss will spend money online and will claim not to have purchased anything. You will pay for it.
Tell him to go to the bank and block the card. Costs less than 1,500.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by chaseblack(m): 7:57am On Oct 03, 2021
As someone above has said 'BLOCK THE CARD'. I even suggest that you should bear the brunt of paying for the new card.

If your boss is honest he should be able to reason with you and do that.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by sisisioge: 7:57am On Oct 03, 2021
Bombastically00:
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Iamvetlander(m): 7:57am On Oct 03, 2021
Nobody dey trust anybody for Naija grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by shogsman(m): 7:58am On Oct 03, 2021
Zordgrub:

What should I do??
Tell him to block his card at the bank,then give him 500naira to request for a new one chikena

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Kayberg: 7:58am On Oct 03, 2021
undecided

He was an admin there, and you're out.
Case solved already. He is the sole owner now.
If he still doesn't understand, tell him to call a tech guru in who would explain things better to him.
He's just afraid of losing his money… nothing more.
Just as some others said here, tell him to go to the bank and block the card.
Simple.

Though you kind of made a mistake from the start using your email to begin the whole thing…

And don't sign any undertaken o!
Because if you do, you have just swallowed hook.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Commentor: 7:58am On Oct 03, 2021
grin
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by LibertyRep: 7:59am On Oct 03, 2021
How long does it take for banks to block a card and issue a replacement again?

The issue is lack of trust and not necessarily the card.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Contentcraft: 7:59am On Oct 03, 2021
Zordgrub:

What should I do??
Get the police involve.
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by AriseNews: 8:00am On Oct 03, 2021
You jus have to be careful though.

A MUST WATCH!
See ten important life lessons 2021 #BBNaija taught is. Watch and digest these lessons. Remember to apply it to your everyday life.
Click to watch below � Share with those who think the show is useless! Watch in link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayRZ9FGOe44
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 03, 2021
Zordgrub:

What should I do??
Don't sign anything. If he calls police on you, sue him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by don4real18(m): 8:00am On Oct 03, 2021
Hmm... Don't sign

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by chyzoo4u(m): 8:00am On Oct 03, 2021
Just like someone rightly mentioned above, the best solution to this lack of trust brouhaha is simple. Let him go to his bank, block his card citing card exposure as the reason, then get a new card. It'll only cost him a thousand naira.

Suggest the above to him.

But wait, why will he say he don't know what you told Google when both of you are in the same office? Didn't you show him the email you wrote to Google?

Lastly, let no man trouble you when you're helping them achieve their dreams. If you don't feel comfortable working in that environment, leave now! Your skill can fetch you job online and offline, It's a sought-after skill currently.

If you wish to continue, you'll likely regret it later. Conquer fear of the unknown, believe in yourself and your value, don't let people use you. Resign now!!! Talking from experience, I resigned and I didn't die.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by TheWolfen(m): 8:00am On Oct 03, 2021
Tell him to get a new card from his bank. Simple
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Victor1097: 8:00am On Oct 03, 2021
let him block the fucking card and have his Bank reissue another one. Max cost is N1,000 against Police report of N10,000 with it's resultant issues that may still come up.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by dheaven: 8:01am On Oct 03, 2021
Simple, he should request for a new card from his bank. Maybe you help him pay the N1000 bank charge of the new card instead of writing undertaken.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by OsborneDynamic: 8:01am On Oct 03, 2021
Don not sign any undertaking, get yourself a lawyer, if he insists on not paying . he is just being a bully. believe me if bank collects charges from that account he will arrest you if you sign anything.
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by lomprico(m): 8:01am On Oct 03, 2021
Zordgrub:

What should I do??

tell him to go to his bank and get a new card that u will pay the 1k involved.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graduates in the UK / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? / Is This Modern Day Slavery Or Forced Labour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.