Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,346 members, 7,860,889 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

Have You Ever Been Locked Up In A Police Cell? What Offence Did You Commit? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Locked Up In A Police Cell? What Offence Did You Commit? (761 Views)

How a wrong choice of drink at the club cost me a night in a police cell / 29 Inmates Escape From Police Cell In Abia / Maid Locked Up, Fed With Cockroaches & Faeces By Her Madam In Anambra (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Locked Up In A Police Cell? What Offence Did You Commit? by englishmart(m): 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
People don't need to commit any crime to see themselves locked up by the police. People could randomly get arrested in viewing centres, bars, even in the streets, some get locked up, pending when the real culprit is found.
Most arrests are crime-related though.

My near-miss experience.
This one happened during the lockdown. I was playing cards with some guys, as everyone was at home and we needed to while away the time as fast as possible. On that chaotic, I noticed a white Hilux, it was headed elsewhere, but on seeing the converged throng of people, changed direction and charged toward us. I, having instinctively sighted danger,stood up and slipped out. Few seconds later I heard a gunshot and a yell "IF YOU MOVE, I MOVE YOU" everybody froze and was fished onto the rear of the Hilux. I was so glad to have escaped that day.

Second near-miss experience.
I went to bail a friend of mine that was arrested for a 30k misappropriation. When I got there and saw the flagellation and mishandling he was subjected to, I was overwrought and sought to see the DPO. When I finally saw him, I told him he had no right to detain my friend for 3-days. I demanded his unconditional bail, or the case be charged to court. My confidence took him aback, he was like. "Do you know that the friend to a thief is a thief?"
Not anymore. Jesus is our friend, and he's not a thief. grin Before I was done, he ordered a Sergeant close-by to manacle me and throw me into the cell?
What is going on? I digested my confidence and started pleading. "Daddy DPO, take it easy, I'm your son. I thought they say you're our friend. Don't be unfriendly please."
"Remove his handcuffs, and tell him what he needs to have to bail his friend"
"Copy that, sir"
That was how I nearly entered the cello.

Share your experience, guys

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Locked Up In A Police Cell? What Offence Did You Commit? by nosiebaba(m): 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
englishmart:

What is going on? I digested my confidence and started pleading. "Daddy DPO, take it easy, I'm your son. I thought they say you're our friend. Don't be unfriendly please."
"Remove his handcuffs, and tell him what he needs to have to bail his friend"
"Copy that, sir"

That was how I nearly entered the cello.

Share your experience, guys

oya na, tell us what you needed to have before bailing your friend. cos we use to hear that bail is cheap
Re: Have You Ever Been Locked Up In A Police Cell? What Offence Did You Commit? by Boogyman557: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool I WAS CARRYING ABOUT 4 KUSH DAT FAITHFUL MORNING AND D POLICE ARREST ME. MY MUM CAME TO BAIL ME D NEXT DAY. D MOST ANNOYING PART IS DAT I HAVE ALREADY ROLLED DAT KUSH. IS JUST TO GET HOME AND LITE IT UP.. SINCE DEN I DNT TRUST D POLICE BUT I KINDA HAPPY NOW BCUS I DNT GO OUT. I NOW ODER FOR MY KUSH AND MY GUY WILL SUPPLY IT FOR ME AT HOME. SO NOW I KUSH 24sc.. WTF MAN
Re: Have You Ever Been Locked Up In A Police Cell? What Offence Did You Commit? by englishmart(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
nosiebaba:

oya na, tell us what you needed to have before bailing your friend. cos we use to hear that bail is cheap
They didn't say bail was cheap o, they say it's free. There wasn't ever a time vail was close to free. I ended up paying 25k for bail.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Locked Up In A Police Cell? What Offence Did You Commit? by englishmart(m): 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool I WAS CARRYING ABOUT 4 KUSH DAT FAITHFUL MORNING AND D POLICE ARREST ME. MY MUM CAME TO BAIL ME D NEXT DAY. D MOST ANNOYING PART IS DAT I HAVE ALREADY ROLLED DAT KUSH. IS JUST TO GET HOME AND LITE IT UP.. SINCE DEN I DNT TRUST D POLICE BUT I KINDA HAPPY NOW BCUS I DNT GO OUT. I NOW ODER FOR MY KUSH AND MY GUY WILL SUPPLY IT FOR ME AT HOME. SO NOW I KUSH 24sc.. WTF MAN
I can't criticise your kushing, but just be health-mindful.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Locked Up In A Police Cell? What Offence Did You Commit? by Boogyman557: 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2021
englishmart:
I can't criticise your kushing, but just health-mindful.
HOLLY GRAM cool BEEN WAITING 4 UR RILPY. THANKS MAN

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Former Commissioner For Environment Sued For Alleged Sexual Assault / SUV Forcefully Stopped By Kidnappers And Victims Taken Into Forest In Abia State / KUJE PRISON BREAK - How It All Went Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.