Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,959 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business (17548 Views)

If You Think Your Kids Are Unbearable, Have A Look At These Photos / Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules / Would You Let Your Wife Wear This Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
It is the duty of a man to provide for the family, women consider financially buoyant men for relationships.

Imagine if you lost your job/business or your income reduced drastically.

Will your wife love you?
Will your wife be jovial with you?
Will your wife give you her palliative as usual?
Will she disrespect you in front of the kids and others?
Will she watch you starve when she has food in the kitchen?
Will she keep reminding you that you are not contributing anything?
Will she start seeking other mens' attention?
Will she Change?

I need honest answers.

20 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Snitch24(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
No
Will you still love her if she lost her beauty ?

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
Snitch24:
No
Will you still love her if she lost her beauty ?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

22 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Rubbiish(m): 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
Not only wife!
Nobody will respect u if u lose your source of income.

318 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 8:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
Rubbiish:
Not only wife!
Nobody will respect u if u lose your source of income.

You are right.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by MightySparrow: 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2021
Your job defines you: no job, you cease to exist.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
MightySparrow:

Sad but true

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Matheusmartin: 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2021
If all of these are true, then we should stop deceiving ourselves with love.

angry

229 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Matheusmartin:

angry

I totally agree

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by mariahAngel(f): 10:11am On Oct 05, 2021
MightySparrow:

This is not true.
You're more than a job.
Don't limit yourself.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Justbehave(m): 10:26am On Oct 05, 2021
The only woman that can love you unconditionally is your mum.No job,no love.Fellas stop deceiving yourselves.

209 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by frozen70(f): 11:37am On Oct 05, 2021
Havesomesense:
It is the duty of a man to provide for the family, women consider financially buoyant men for relationships.

Will your wife love you?
Will she Change?

I need honest answers.

Marriage is all about love and respect

If you ever love your wife and its obvious you have always loved her

No matter the hard times she will never berat you

But if you have been treating her like an option

That time is when she will give it to you every hour

Women don't forget negative treatment and tends to pay back no matter how long it takes

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Acidosis(m): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2021
Yes, you will lose your respect when your respect is built on money and nothing else. Build your respect on values, lifestyle, and things that are more sustainable.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Acidosis(m): 11:52am On Oct 05, 2021
Justbehave:
The only woman that can love you unconditionally is your mum.No job,no love.Fellas stop deceiving yourselves.

If the "mom" in context never loved her (good) husband unconditionally, you will be damned to think she loves her son unconditionally if the son turns out to be a failure.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Obaxxx(m): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2021
lipsrsealed
Not yet married tho...But my current banny wey I don dey date for the past 6 years,I believe say she go stay and respect me if I lost my job...But you as the man,make sure you don't stay jobless for too long if not that respect go bolt leave you tongue

18 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Rubbiish(m): 12:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
Acidosis:

Yes, you will lose your respect when your respect is built on money and nothing else. Build your respect on values, lifestyle, and things that are more sustainable.

You are not being honest here!
How do u mean build your respect on values, lifestyle? Will it put food on the table?
Respect comes with your ability to cater for your family as a man! The moment you start failing in your responsibility of providing for your family, that respect will begin to dwindle till it wanes out! Not even your kids are left out.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Rubbiish(m): 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
Obaxxx:
lipsrsealed
Not yet married tho...But my current banny wey I don dey date for the past 6 years,I believe say she go stay and respect me if I lost my job...But you as the man,make sure you don't stay jobless for too long if not that respect go bolt leave you tongue
Exactly @bold

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Rubbiish(m): 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
Matheusmartin:

angry
But the truth is every family needs money to run & maintain a healthy family. Once a man is jobless, there will be no money to run that family the way it should & that alone will bring serious disrespect & contempt amongst family members. We saw it happened to Job in the bible, the moment he lost all he had, his wife & children abandoned him. Money is a very important tool to sustain love.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Smile4mee01: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
Havesomesense:

Will your wife love you?
Will she Change?

I need honest answers.

Answer to your questions : If you stay Jobless long enough , e go shock you. Only time will tell, the earlier men understand women the better we will live. Most women love Men for what they can provide, it's the way women are wired. It's called Hypergamy.

Women, children and sometimes Animals are the only creatures loved unconditionally, A man is loved based on the condition he provides something.

The ultimate test of a good wife is when you are down and old, when you are of little or no economic benefit to her.

Some Women themselves dont know it.

Let's go to the Animals and learn.

The lioness only mates with the lion who is the head of the pride based on the condition that he provides protection and take down food.

I think its Gods way of natural selection.

God forbid I loose my source of income, just before my wife starts acting up. I'm happy to separate to get myself together.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Rubbiish(m): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
Justbehave:
Even at a point in life when u seem to be turning into a failure without visible progress, your parents may also start to treat u with disrespect & contempt. But it is more easier to swallow any disrespect from your parents than your wife.

46 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Rubbiish(m): 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Smile4mee01:

Most women love Men for what they can provide, it's the way women are wired. It's called Hypergamy.

This is just it!
The moment u stop providing as a man that love will automatically fade out! You will just be in that woman's life as a ceremonial husband, but that affection will no longer be there. There is a serious connection between a man's ability to provide & a woman's love. Most family living happily in our society today is because of the man's ability to provide!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Smile4mee01: 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

This is just it!
The moment u stop providing as a man that love will automatically fade out! You will just be in that woman's life as a ceremonial husband, but that affection will no longer be there. There is a serious connection between a man's ability to provide & a woman's love. Most family living happily in our society today is because of the man's ability to provide!

Well Said.

And i just want women to know that there is nothing bad in acknowledging this fact. But coming here to say it's not money erks me. with the world resources thinning out, and increase in population. Life is getting harder for men and relationships are tougher for women.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Matheusmartin: 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

But the truth is every family needs money to run & maintain a healthy family. Once a man is jobless, there will be no money to run that family the way it should & that alone will bring serious disrespect & contempt amongst family members. We saw it happened to Job in the bible, the moment he lost all he had, his wife & children abandoned him. Money is a very important tool to sustain love.

I understand.
We are saying the same thing.
No Money, no love.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Acidosis(m): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

You are not being honest here!
How do u mean build your respect on values, lifestyle? Will it put food on the table?
Respect comes with your ability to cater for your family as a man! The moment you start failing in your responsibility of providing for your family, that respect will begin to dwindle till it wanes out! Not even your kids are left out.

Go and make all the money in the world and let your 10 year old son and your 15 year old daughter catch you cheating on their mother then come back for this discussion.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Rubbiish(m): 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
Acidosis:

We are saying the same thing. If your wife and kids respect you because you are nothing but a meal ticket, you automatically lose that respect the moment their meal ticket cuts.

If your kids see you more than an automatic teller machine, they will honour you regardless.

So how do you explain the fact that kids from poor homes show more respect to their parents than some kids with all the good things of life? How do you explain that? More money should = more respect, isn't?

Go and make all the money in the world and let your 10 year old son and your 15 year old daughter catch you cheating on their mother then come back for this discussion.
We are not saying the same thing!
The op clearly stated being out of job & not being rich like dangote. Do not change the the topic! If u are not able to provide the basic things needed to run a family as a man because u are out of job, it won't be long before your family will start treating u with contempt! You can call it ATM or whatever u like, but the truth is kids see parents as their provider, reason they will run to their parents for school fees or any type of billing. There must always be an exception, but u can't compare the number of family living happily because of the man's ability to provide basic necessities needed to run a family to that poor family living unhappily due to penury. Nobody wants poverty, a man being out of job shouldn't be for long else the respect his family have for him will dwindle. It is natural.

@bold I do not understand your last paragraph, can u be more explicit?

7 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
frozen70:

Marriage is all about live and respect

If you ever love your wife and its obvious you have always loved her

No matter the hard times she will never berat you

But if you have been treating her like an option

That time is when she will give it to you every hour

Women don't forget negative treatment and tends to pay back no matter how long it takes

What if you didn't treat her like an option but you are very blunt, you say things as it is.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
Acidosis:

What type of lifestyle, values?
And what are the things that are more sustainable?

I anticipate your reply. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
Obaxxx:
lipsrsealed

No man wishes to be idle.
It isn't really easy to bounce back to your peak in business a lot of people won't bounce back financially again but we cannot lose hope.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

So money is love.
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2021
Smile4mee01:

Answer to your questions : If you stay Jobless long enough , e go shock you. Only time will tell, the earlier men understand women the better we will live. Most women love Men for what they can provide, it's the way women are wired. It's called Hypergamy.

Women, children and sometimes Animals are the only creatures loved unconditionally, A man is loved based on the condition he provides something.

The ultimate test of a good wife is when you are down and old, when you are of little or no economic benefit to her.

Some Women themselves dont know it.

Let's go to the Animals and learn.

The lioness only mates with the lion who is the head of the pride based on the condition that he provides protection and take down food.

I think its Gods way of natural selection.

God forbid I loose my source of income, just before my wife starts acting up. I'm happy to separate to get myself together.

Would you still love her, when your finances is restored after you have sperated?
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Havesomesense(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

Even at a point in life when u seem to be turning into a failure without visible progress, your parents may also start to treat u with disrespect & contempt. But it is more easier to swallow any disrespect from your parents than your wife.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by frozen70(f): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2021
Havesomesense:

What if you didn't treat her like an option but you are very blunt, you say things as it is.

Then you get it hot hot

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? / 14 Attributes Of Nigeria Mothers / 12 Things Women Do Better Than Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.