Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,989 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram (1579 Views)

Developer Who Can Create An App Like Tiktok Needed / How Much It Cost To Build An App Like Uber Or Spotify / Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by ENGINEERG(m): 7:06am On Oct 05, 2021
When WhatsApp, Facebook & Instagram were down yesterday, I was wondering if any Nigerian has done similar app, that I can download and promote too yesterday, as our own.
But unfortunately, I didnt see anyone.
So does anyone knows any App done by Nigeria software guru/developer?
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by Ynix(m): 7:09am On Oct 05, 2021
ENGINEERG:
When WhatsApp, Facebook & Instagram were down yesterday, I was wondering if any Nigerian has done similar app, that I can download and promote too yesterday, as our own.
I had at a time but the business Angle is very tough, you have to have some tens of millions of dollars to run it, maintain and prevent it against hijackers (crackers/hackers).
I am presently working on a cryptocurrency project and need early stage investors.
If you are interested chat me up on 08089456258

1 Like

Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 05, 2021
Yes. We have Crowwe built by Adamu Garba, an APC chieftain. It was built to replace all the foreign apps.
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by stanliwise(m): 7:27am On Oct 05, 2021
ENGINEERG:
We do but they are still at very baby stage and obviously not fit to run tens of transactions
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 05, 2021
We can try, that should be our aim and to be honest I was shocked to know that the 2go app back then was made by 2 guys in south Africa and they cashed out big time in niaja (something people we're buying go credit for). I think we need to start building our own platforms, games, appstore, video chat apps it might be difficult at first but trust me it gets easier with time.
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
Uncharted56:
We can try, that should be our aim and to be honest I was shocked to know that the 2go app back then was made by 2 guys in south Africa and they cashed out big time in niaja (something people we're buying go credit for). I think we need to start building our own platforms, games, appstore, video chat apps it might be difficult at first but trust me it gets easier with time.
Yeah I was shocked to also find out WooCommerce was done by south Africans and used by everyone worldwide. Our problem in Nigeria is when building we think of Nigeria which to me is s foolish decision. We should be building for the global market. Nigeria is just too poor.
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by Sheriman(m): 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2021
Can only one person build Facebook Instagram or Twitter?? These giant platforms are co build by 4 or 5 people of talented programmers who come together to share ideas suggestions and resources of how they can develop a great Application for people to use.
We lack this features in Nigeria. We don't want to partner with each other to build a great things. We don't even have enough of those resources and we don't want to spend our hard earn money to something we are not sure of or skeptical about it's end result.
Reason why we can't have any of those giant platforms in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by Ajibade123(m): 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2021
Sheriman:
Can only one person build Facebook Instagram or Twitter?? These giant platforms are co build by 4 or 5 people of talented programmers who come together to share ideas suggestions and resources of how they can develop a great Application for people to use.
We lack this features in Nigeria. We don't want to partner with each other to build a great things. We don't even have enough of those resources and we don't want to spend our hard earn money to something we are not sure of or skeptical about it's end result.
Reason why we can't have any of those giant platforms in Nigeria.
mark wrote Facebook code alone but it wasn't huge like this
the thing is starting small and expand later

1 Like

Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by airsaylongcome: 7:13am On Oct 09, 2021
Ajibade123:

Hahaha... Mark Zuckerberg wrote Facebook code alone? For real? He wrote it,tested it, QA test and all. Alone?
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by islamics(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2021
Ajibade123:

How about Quora founder Adam D'Angelo who worked for Facebook and was their CTO?
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by Nairable: 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ynix:

I had at a time but the business Angle is very tough, you have to have some tens of millions of dollars to run it, maintain and prevent it against hijackers (crackers/hackers).
I am presently working on a cryptocurrency project and need early stage investors.
If you are interested chat me up on 08089456258
Have you tried crowdfunding your projects?
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by Ynix(m): 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Nairable:

Have you tried crowdfunding your projects?
that is the toughest any way the project has started, I mean the Cryptocurrency part of it. Working on the web now and marketing
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by Nairable: 7:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ynix:
that is the toughest any way the project has started, I mean the Cryptocurrency part of it. Working on the web now and marketing

Okay, pretty good.
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by oyenolaphilip: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2021
GOOD BUT WE CAN ACTUALLY WORK ON IT. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON A WEB APP
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by Ynix(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2021
Nairable:

Okay, pretty good.
If you want to be part chat me up on 08089456258
We are about to have our Fairlaunch
Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by LikeAking: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2021
Pls all programers should use dia head.

No go waste time prog something too big and exp when u know say na O.Y.O

1 Like

Re: Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram by emmy4real94(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
We don't have data centers here and no government support especially with regards to technology.. allot of people can, and have programmed similar apps but the apps itself is not useful.. unless you have a proper hosting and users which is capital intensive. Ask @seun why he never turn nairaland into a full fledge social media network like Facebook. With all the previlages he has.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Project Topics / [php Tutorial] - Building A Rest Api / I Need A Free Working Vpn App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.