Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,620 members, 7,834,035 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Should I Euthanize My Dad? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should I Euthanize My Dad? (42065 Views)

Help - My Dad Just Had A Stroke / Help My Dad Has Severe Stomach Pains / I'm In An Extreme End, Im Losing My Dad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by samwillyco1(m): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
12 years is not a child's play ooo, but OP tell your lecturers about it with evidence, some of them may even help you.

Finally, killing him sounds logical and best option but what if God wants to change the situation in few days to come, all you need is to be strong and ask people for financial support, with enough evidence many people and even on Nairaland will help you out financially
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:
It has been 12years now since my dad has been down with Stroke which has affected his speech,his right hand and leg and some 4years ago,he couldn't walk anymore but had to be carried to sleep,sit and all physical metabolism is done where he is,even after I and my mum have spent and still spends a lot on physiotherapy,speech therapy,brain checkups at Mecure oshodi,routine and forthnight high blood pressure checkups with expensive drugs and still no changes but it gets worse,all done going around in taxi as I have no car.....

I was 18 and in 200level in a federal uni with him and my mum my only support system when all of this started,couldn't concentrate and focus on school work anymore as I am the firstborn of a 7 boys family and my attention was always needed.....Mum told me I need to drop out that she can't afford all of this alone but I was strong hearted and determined to graduate with a B.Eng...

I had issues with my lecturers as my attendance were poor and my course adviser said it to my face that I would never graduate but I never told them about my travails or they wouldn't even believe me anyways cos they were mostly SADIST,All Engineering lecturers in Uniben especially Mechanical/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING from 08/09 upward,OGUN KILL ALL OF UNA!!! Life was tough for me and my Mum....

Now that I am a Man and supposed to be focus on my life future and raising a family but this is still taking a toll on me emotionally,financially,mentally and I will come home to my mum nagging,crying that she has tried enough over the years and i might come home one day and she has left ....THIS BREAKS ME,I AM TIRED,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....I LOVE MY DAD,HE IS IN PAINS TOO!!!

IF I COULD SEE THE FUTURE BACK THEN WHEN IT STARTED,I WOULD HAVE ASKED THE DOCTORS FOR MERCY DEATH,DO NIGERIAN DOCTORS OR HOSPITALS GIVE OUT MERCY DEATH TO PATIENTS?

NAIRALANDERS,I AM DEPRESSED AND I NEED YOUR ADVICE

sorry for the long post. Mods please help this thread to front page for more advice

I understand. Consult Doctors for advise. Doctor is in the best position to tell you this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by stanliwise(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:
It has been 12years now since my dad has been down with Stroke which has affected his speech,his right hand and leg and some 4years ago,he couldn't walk anymore but had to be carried to sleep,sit and all physical metabolism is done where he is,even after I and my mum have spent and still spends a lot on physiotherapy,speech therapy,brain checkups at Mecure oshodi,routine and forthnight high blood pressure checkups with expensive drugs and still no changes but it gets worse,all done going around in taxi as I have no car.....

I was 18 and in 200level in a federal uni with him and my mum my only support system when all of this started,couldn't concentrate and focus on school work anymore as I am the firstborn of a 7 boys family and my attention was always needed.....Mum told me I need to drop out that she can't afford all of this alone but I was strong hearted and determined to graduate with a B.Eng...

I had issues with my lecturers as my attendance were poor and my course adviser said it to my face that I would never graduate but I never told them about my travails or they wouldn't even believe me anyways cos they were mostly SADIST,All Engineering lecturers in Uniben especially Mechanical/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING from 08/09 upward,OGUN KILL ALL OF UNA!!! Life was tough for me and my Mum....

Now that I am a Man and supposed to be focus on my life future and raising a family but this is still taking a toll on me emotionally,financially,mentally and I will come home to my mum nagging,crying that she has tried enough over the years and i might come home one day and she has left ....THIS BREAKS ME,I AM TIRED,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....I LOVE MY DAD,HE IS IN PAINS TOO!!!

IF I COULD SEE THE FUTURE BACK THEN WHEN IT STARTED,I WOULD HAVE ASKED THE DOCTORS FOR MERCY DEATH,DO NIGERIAN DOCTORS OR HOSPITALS GIVE OUT MERCY DEATH TO PATIENTS?

sorry for the long post. Mods please help this thread to front page for more advice
A medical practitioner is in the best place to answer this question. They are in the best place to know if the case has gotten to such extent and then you can discuss it with the family.

But don’t on your own just suggest it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Decryptor(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Goldiness:

You are just exposing yourself and the life you live, and the kind of family you come from. Your reply speaks for itself. I will not write any further, because if I do, I will be talking to a wicked soul.

I pray you don't become terribly sick one day, that is all I will leave you with. Then you choose this OP option for your life.

Shutup and answer the question I asked previously which I will ask you again...

Does it mean that the sick people who have died in the past really wanted to die while those who survived fought for their lives??

3 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Noblewealth(m): 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
sirjoggy:
Please don't try it bro, it can create a generation curse

Exactly, no mercy death in God's dictionary but will attached generational curses that may even lead to your own untimely death... You guys should continue with the care till the owner will seize his breath and not you...

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Goldiness: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
What was he diagnosed with? Why couldn’t he shiit?

He had lots of complications in his body, he has to many sickness in his body, that the doctor can't say or specify, if he is not short of blood today, he lacks calcuim tomorrow, next his bones starts to break, just like that little by little, from shoulder to hands, to legs, another one his organs starts shorting down, one by one, from kiney to liver, later heart, test upon test, later they say it cancer, later they say it's bone marrow problem, after which stroke enter, his mouth bent one side, like that different complications upon complications, later he can't shit, he can't get up, he will urinate any how, he can't walk, he was just decaying, and dying slowly, he could not even talk well, he can't eat, we had to use pipe to feed him at the hospital and many things to that happened, see we took care of him and endured it till he said he wanted to go, we beg him he refused, and he slept and never woke up, even in that dieing bed he still managed to advise us his children. cry cry cry

What we faced I don't wish anyone such experience. In that state we never wished him dead alright sad

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by frozen70(f): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Malibe:

Are you OK? What are you saying? How could you advice that he suggest to his Family members that he want to kill his father, that he is seeking their support to kill his father. Habaaa! Mr. Advicer fear God!
And to whom that is seeking advice, the thought of killing your father is evil, demonic and unGodly. No matter how difficult things is for you and ur family, just do the little you can and present the once you can't to God. The thought of you killing him or ur Mum abandoning him doesn't sound nice to the ear. Let me remind you; You are fulfilling your essence as a Child, just set your mind straight and take care of the unfortunate man.
I'm not even sure if this story is true or not.

You need to live and attend to his sick dad for at least a year then come back and tell us your thoughts about it

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by cayorday89(m): 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
Foodqueen:
I will be back to tell u my story.
Update please, so we can learn one or two from you... But people dey try ooo, and many of us still have parents who will grow old... Indeed good health at any stage of one's life is highly Underrated...
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by bepositive11: 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
halogate:

Most of those commenting have not spent one month in the OP's.
They think it's childs play to feed, bath, pack poo, clean ass, change diaper, or carry the dad up and down EVERY DAY!!..not to talk of 12years.
Not to mention the funds going down, the emotional, physical and mental strain
Las Las...e go still kick the bucket. undecided..
Op..just tell the Most High to do the needful if He knows ur dad won't recover.
This life ain't balanced at all... undecided

True. A lot of them have no idea of what OP is going through. This one is really hard
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Goldiness: 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Decryptor:

Shutup and answer the question I asked previously which I will ask you again...

Does it mean that the sick people who have died in the past really wanted to die while those who survived fought for their lives??

it's your parents you are talking to, not me, I will never answer you.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by seunayantokun(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Don't try it please. Talk to God Who alone can decide the case - to heal him or let him go. Plus, HE has a reason for keeping him waiting. Most importantly, has he given his life to Jesus Christ? Are you too born again? Resolve that and let His Maker decide his fate here and in eternity.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
Goldiness:

He had lots of complications in his body, he has to many sickness in his body, that the doctor can't say or specify, if he is not short of blood today, he lacks calcuim tomorrow, next his bones starts to break, just like that little by little, from shoulder to hands, to legs, another one his organs starts shorting down, one by one, from kiney to liver, later heart, test upon test, later they say it cancer, later they say it's bone marrow problem, after which stroke enter, his mouth bent one side, like that different complications upon complications, later he can't shit, he can't get up, he will urinate any how, he can't walk, he was just decaying, and dying slowly, he could not even talk well, he can't eat, we had to use pipe to feed him at the hospital and many things to that happened, see we took care of him and endured it till he said he wanted to go, we beg him he refused, and he slept and never woke up, even in that dieing bed he still managed to advise us his children. cry cry cry

What we faced I don't wish anyone such experience. In that state we never wished him dead alright sad

Damn. I’m sorry about that. May his soul RIP
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by DropsMic(m): 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
duro4chang:
Do not try anything funny with him o. We are watching you.

I get sad when i read things like this... Really sad.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Goldiness: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Damn. I’m sorry about that. May his soul RIP

. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Thanks sad sad sad sad
Amen sad
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Opticbaby(f): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

I know how you feel as stroke comes with a lot of adverse consequences that only a few completely recover from. I had a hemorrhagic stroke a month after delivery and it was not a joke. The stroke affected the right part of my body leading to inability to use my right hand and leg as well as negligible speech and reading impediment, which I have not completely recovered from. I was in desperate need of a cure and that was how I was told to buy a supplement known as STC30. It is quite expensive as it costs upwards #60,000 for two packs. My husband got the two packs for #68,000. You can add SNC supplement specifically for brain healing. Best of luck and quick recovery to your dad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
I don't understand...how does he feed?

If he feeds using the other hand or is being fed by someone, it means he wants to survive. You can't end his life. It's a sin and you will be a murderer.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Dosoq(f): 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
Guy,I can understand your situation.
I was into something similar 3years ago. My mum was down with stage 3 cancer,did surgery and was already getting better.

Unfortunately,her health grew worse,she was on admission at UCH,she couldn't talk,walk,eat and all sorts.

Had to be on diaper,pipe was passed through her nose and she seemed so so helpless.

Honestly, I'd lost all hope and knew she was going to die.

The last day I went to see her(sunday),I wept bitterly seeing her already lifeless,then I cried to God,told him and said,"if you already know she won't make it,pls take her away his week,because I couldn't bear seeing her in pains anymore.it was a Sunday,while I was leaving the ward,I bade her goodbye knowing it was gonna be our last meeting.

She passed on on Monday midnight.

Pls,do not euthanize your dad,it's something you won't be able to bear for the rest of your life.

There are times I feel so sad and I blame myself for telling God to take her away,let alone euthanzing her.

Pls,don't.

Instead,tell God that if he won't heal him,he should grant him rest by taking him away peacefully.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Slurity(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

The pain you are experiencing now is small compare to what your action will birth if your try it. God will elevate your burden.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by iyimide(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
sirjoggy:
Please don't try it bro, it can create a generation curse
This is Called rubbish talk.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Freemasonry: 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
Before you condemn this young brother for even considering euthanasia, pause for a moment and imagine if you can walk in his shoes if the situation were reversed.

He clearly loves his dad and has been carrying the burden for a dozen years with his beloved poor mother who is equally drained from the ordeal... trust me this wasn’t an easy idea to consider.

In any case Op, I’ll beg that you discard the idea.
I also pray that your circumstances improve so that the burden on you and your family will lessen or go away.
Ultimately, either your dad recovers or passes away.
I recently lost my mom after a brief illness, we were in hospital for a while; she died in my arms...there’s nothing I wouldn’t give to have her live for another day.
My prayers are with you. Shallom!
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by iyimide(m): 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
I support Euthansia a great deal especially as the whole situation is causing emotional trauma on you all..

Just measure the BMI of your dad and DM me with the info.. i will help u on how u can go about it..

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by wallrichy: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
Just what I intended to write. Your Dad's situation is sympathetic and made me to remember my own Dad too before he died. He was paralyzed and couldn't talk or do what he used to do before the sickness. His own got so bad that beside the paralysis, he also developed HBP and also infected kidney. All these happened within a very short time. He goes for dialysis 2 to 3 times a week and you can imagine the expenses. My Dad felt so bad cos I'm could read him and understand him even with that lost speech. He was absolutely in pain.....this is a system man, a yuppy, stylish and handsome for that matter and now seeing himself depending on people to walk, eat,bath and even to ease himself.....he was like dead but still living. Anyway, don't let me add more to the sad story....he died during dialysis and I believed he did that so as to protect us from the everyday pain cos he tried to pass a message to me some hours before the Doctor conducted the dialysis on him and I never got the message until when he died right on the dialysis machine.

Euthanasia is illegal in Nigeria but with good arrangements, it can be done and just regards it as Mercy death....that's the solution and if you are my type that regards Death as ephemeral. Then think about it but only with trusted and close family member like your mum before discussing with the Doctor. Death is short live just like lives. We transform when we die into a higher or lower being depending on our character when alive.

No good father or parent would encourage you to spend all the fortune they made through the years on them if eventually they become vegetable or allow you to exert all your own resources or even stop living cos you are trying to gather resources to take care of them despite the facts that the sickness is beyond redemption. Death always the end. Therefore, why turning a whole generation of descendants into a recluse poverty stricken family.

SportsHD:
Euthanzing is the correct word here. I swear if he could talk to you, he would tell you to go ahead. He is in pains, seeing y'all going through all that to take care of him is making him sad also. He just can't tell y'all. Hospitals does euthanization, you just have to talk to your mom and brothers about it. It's not a decision you can take alonew, except you have a heart like mine. The hospital would make it faster and easier. I think they'll put him to sleep first, then inject something that'll stop his heart. Thereby, he wouldn't even feel anything.

For those quoting me, this is just my opinion. Like others mentioned, he should try stem cell therapy or taken to church for deliverance or sorts. I want him to be well, not suffering. And if the suffering seems like it has no end, euthanize him. I'm sure his condition has affected the education of some of your other six siblings..
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by amliftedhigher: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

A man was like that for 22 years before he died December 2020. Me have forgotten the man thinking that he has died long time ago but not knowing that he was still bedridden. Though his children lives abroad though
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by osazsky(m): 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
NO, you should not kill your Dad.

1. Killing is murder

2. Killing an ill individual without an advanced directive from them is murder

3. Killing ( the correct word is "euthanizing/euthanize" ) an ill individual in Nigeria is a crime under the criminal code. Even if euthanasia were legal, it must be done with an advanced directive in place; in a Hospital; by an assigned, certified Physician; using the proper method; and be documented/have documentation.

This is a human being and not a toy. You don't just decide to end his life at your own will. It's not your call to make.

this your killing na murder is something else..I have seen cases where families agree to disconnect life support after so many year cuz of zero ho0e
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by criuze(m): 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
Are you mad
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Eriokanmi: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Oga Methuselah, change your mindset and you'll live a stress free life. Sorry, try make money, because it's only the poor folks that always shout Attack attack. When you start making decent money, your perspective on life starts to change.
There are hundreds of ways one can get stroke, and there's nothing like attack there.
Anyway na wetin you believe. If you believe in the so called attacks, you'll eventually become a victim.
A boy in my area almost died from Edema cos he swallowed an effervescent tablet cos he thought it was sweets. People were shouting attack, I blamed it on loose parenting. You don't leave such things around little children.
SMH! Small boy can't recognise a charm, he's now calling it ugwu leaf...that's my adage in response to your narrative.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by sonofElElyon: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

Euthanasia is illegal in Nigeria. You'd be a murderer! Even if it was legal, it still wouldn't be right. I understand things are tough. Just seek some counseling.. church seems to be the only place you can get it free.. you need emotional support.. and above all, divine support.. Get close to God.. you'll overcome.

p.s. Ogun is bad news.. stay away from him and his ilk
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Wininlight(m): 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
I understand that the situation is tough...but conceiving the thought of murdering your father alone is a enough damage before God...

its in situations like this that attracts either transgenerational blessings or curse...

Your father did not choose to be in the situation he is now...

Treat your father well...stand by him in his time of weakness and remember that God heals

My heart breaks cry

We all do not know tomorrow!
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by dvkot(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
Goldiness:

You are mad, and sick in the head for conceiving such in your head and advising the OP about it. Look at how you carefully planned it out and still wait for feed back, how funny, what a world of wickedness. See you better change your mindset, pray not to be very sick one day, may be you will tell them to do the same for you. Let God's will be done in the father's life, it's not for anyone to decide, I tell you. angry
will you also help them raise money for meds?
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Misternas89(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2021
meritadavize1:
Try traditional ways bro, mix peak milk with water collected from snail, break that pointed part of snail, collect the shining water from it n mix with the milk, to be taking morning and night
You are a real Gee I must confess. I’ve been waiting on someone to types this snail water + milk. Exactly what was prescribed for my Popsy too

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by CountVersailles(f): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
NO, you should not kill your Dad.

1. Killing is murder

2. Killing an ill individual without an advanced directive from them is murder

3. Killing ( the correct word is "euthanizing/euthanize" ) an ill individual in Nigeria is a crime under the criminal code. Even if euthanasia were legal, it must be done with an advanced directive in place; in a Hospital; by an assigned, certified Physician; using the proper method; and be documented/have documentation.

This is a human being and not a toy. You don't just decide to end his life at your own will. It's not your call to make.

See madness

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

FG Receives Russia’s COVID-19 Vaccine / 5 Minute Shaper (body-sculpting Machine) / I'm Ready To Sue One Of The Biggest Private Hospital In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.