Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? (37009 Views)

Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Oil Light Blinking On My Dash. / Help : This STOP Light Is Always Coming UP On My Dash Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Gboy5050: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
Maintanace requires do occur on toyota car wheather the engine is up to something or not because if u service it,if it's Toyota it will still be there so don't panic.

1 Like

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by koolkamzzy(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
Just watch a YouTube video on how to reset it and it will clear off. Even if you change the Oil and filter without resetting it the light will still be there.

1 Like

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by h0pze3: 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2021
FalseProphet1:
It means if you don't have the required funds to service your car, you should at least be wary of eternity as you car is most likely to fall break in the course of driving and you would possibly find yourself in the great beyond, either on the right side or the wrong side.

This I have seen.
And i see further
I see satarn n d car owner chilling together coz d death will b kinda hot.

Go service ur car
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by komodapson(m): 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
Freeko4:
What does maint reqd mean on a Toyota Corolla?

The Toyota maintenance light can appear on your dashboard as “MAINT REQD”. It's a light that remains active permanently, which means that it has been 5,000 miles since the last reset and also indicates that your Toyota is due for scheduled maintenance, such as an oil change. letting you know that you need to go for an oil change in a certified auto shop. Changing the oil in your Toyota can improve fuel efficiency and make your vehicle run as smooth as silk.

You're absolutely spot on. I do always jot down mileages after each service and I calculated previous 3, it amounts to 5000 +

So after the oil change...how can I reset it?

Though mine just came up over the weekend and I knew it was already due for servicing. So I changed oil, oil filter, plugs, air flow meter...but the maintenance light still pops up whenever I start the vehicle, then goes off.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by LydayBobo(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
It's time to service your car and if your just service it, then switch on the ignition without starting the car, press break and accelerator at the same time for 30secs. It will wipe off.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by micflo28(m): 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
Did you attend night school op? It means your car is due for servicing.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by ibtommy(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
stasius:
Just change the oil and reset.

Thats all.

It means... Time to service your car.

Is it the odometer he will reset? I don't quite understand. Help a brother.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by joinnow: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
Anyiodogwu:
I own a 2005 Toyota Corolla vehicle, and I have been impressed with the vehicle performance and fuel economy.

But I recently noticed a yellow light on my dashboard saying (Maint req).

My question now is what does it mean?

Please I am a bit ignorant about autos.
did your car come with manual
Read and study it once.
if your car did not come with manual just go online and download one.

Its time to service your car bro
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by drlateef: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
You need engine servicing.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by TheDemola: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
MARKone:
Maintenance required, it's telling you that your car has reached a the millage required for servicing. If you have serviced it recently and the light is showing, then you have to reset it.

How can I reset please?
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by playfrank(m): 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
"Fuel Economy" that's why you are driving empty?
Anyiodogwu:
I own a 2005 Toyota Corolla vehicle, and I have been impressed with the vehicle performance and fuel economy.

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by TheDemola: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
fkj950ax:

Don't reset.
Get a OBD2 scanner and check what is causing the Maintenance Required from staying on after service.
Fix that and it will go off

How do you connect this scanner?
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Africanpride123(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
You need to change oil. 4 litres of good oil is about N15k. Filter is N1, 500. Then mechanic go collect 1k. Matter finish. Pls do this as gast as possible.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Bbqekpa: 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
Corolla 2006
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Hdhdhd(m): 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
Anyiodogwu:

You no even get fuel sef
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by muller101(m): 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
Simple instruction una go bring am come here.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by KaptainAfrika: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
Maintenance is required.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by fkj950ax(m): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
TheDemola:

How do you connect this scanner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSyDcXNtoR8

Go to a mechanic shop that advertises Scan Engine.
But the video shows you where it is. What it is and what it does.

1 Like

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
It doesn't mean anything undecided
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by caandi: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
FalseProphet1:
It means if you don't have the required funds to service your car, you should at least be wary of eternity as you car is most likely to fall break in the course of driving and you would possibly find yourself in the great beyond, either on the right side or the wrong side.

This I have seen.
lmao. Prophet of doom. This I have seen. End time prophet I hail
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by aragon4realz(m): 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
It's no big deal it simply means that you have completed the mileage required to change your oil,even if you change your oil without resetting the counter the light will still be there,all you need to do is reset the trip A and trip B,and the light will disappear
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Henrhyme4u(m): 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
No cause for alarm concerning any yellow light on your dashboard, when was the last time you service your car, if it's of just recent just type how to erase maintenance required light on YouTube and do it yourself because some rewire or mechanic will cashout on you big time if you depend on dem it's just to remind you that your car is due for servicing
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Gobdddd(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
My friend, go and service your car.
Change your oil, and other regular replaceable things in ur car.

Tell the mechanic to remove that "maintenance required" after servicing so that when the next Services reaches, it will inform you by poping up

Anyiodogwu:

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Snitch24(m): 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
He need to change the engine oil ASAP
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by femi4: 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Anyiodogwu:

TheDemola:

How can I reset please?

lol, it usually comes up to alert you of servicing the car soon. If you ve serviced the car recently, just reset it.

To reset it, put your dashboard in odo mode
Then turn your key to ON II while your hand is on the reset button for about 10secs, the yellow light will blink twice and disappear

1 Like

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by TheDemola: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
fkj950ax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSyDcXNtoR8

Go to a mechanic shop that advertises Scan Engine.
But the video shows you where it is. What it is and what it does.

Thanks. Does it work for Camry?
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by femi4: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
The message is clear. Maintenance Required. It's the same as check engine light but with a twist cuz this only comes up when your car is due for its regular servicing. They use this in older cars and some SUVs. In recent cars, there is a message screen that tells you the exact service that is due. Like oil life, ABS, SRS etc
Not the same, check engine light has nothing to do with milage and it's more difficult to diagnose
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by TheDemola: 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
Please, does this process work for Camry too?
femi4:

lol, it usually comes up to alert you of servicing the car soon. If you ve serviced the car recently, just reset it.

To reset it, put your dashboard in odo mode
Then turn your key to ON II while your hand is on the reset button for about 10secs, the yellow light will blink twice and disappear
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by femi4: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
TheDemola:
Please, does this process work for Camry too?
ALL TOYOTA products. That's how we save some bucks that would have gone into mechanics pocket

https://www.wildetoyota.com/the-toyota-maintenance-required-light-what-does-it-mean-and-how-to-reset-it/

1 Like

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Fixed: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
fkj950ax:

Don't reset.
Get a OBD2 scanner and check what is causing the Maintenance Required from staying on after service.
Fix that and it will go off

Don't mislead others please. After the oil change, you have to manually reset it in many cars, even on some so called modern cars. Your car has been programmed to trigger the light based on the interval set between the last time the light came on and the estimated miles driven. For instance, if your car was programmed by the manufacturer to alert you for scheduled maintenance at 4000 miles, then the light will come 4000 miles after you last reset it. In other cases, the light may also come on if for example you are supposed to change your transmission oil at exactly 50,000 miles. However, some vehicles are more intelligent to the extent of telling you the specific maintenance you are supposed to carry out.

That said, we don't read or follow manuals in this country. Maintenance is not only oil change, there are other scheduled maintenance that should be carried out at specific mileage or sometimes specific months or years a vehicle has been driven. These include transmission oil change, radiator coolant flush, transfer case fluid change etc. These are all documented in your car manual up to the oil grade you should use. Sadly people wait till their oil becomes tin or black before they change them. Worse still, they react when something has already gone bad.

1 Like

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by ozo13(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2021
MARKone:
Maintenance required, it's telling you that your car has reached a the millage required for servicing. If you have serviced it recently and the light is showing, then you have to reset it.
how sir.got same on mine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's 1st Auto Race Track Construction Begins! / Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already / Mercedes-benz Reveals The New 2019 CLA 250 Coupe-like Sedan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.