Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others (1503 Views)

How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism / Man Writes Abuja 'Witches And Wizards' A Warning Letter (Photo) / The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
First of all God is God, good, sovereign and Almighty. This write up is not about God but rather is about ways human beings have twisted the Word of God to cause fear and suppression of human sexuality.

1. If King David in the Bible had many female friends (easy as king), he would not have gotten desperate to kill another man to take over the wife... He would have simply picked a new wife from his numerous female friends...this shows David was over doing christianity, if he had actually relaxed and had not been obsessed with monogamy, he would not have been cursed by God.

2. My opinion - The bible paints a deceitful picture of women as far as relationships are concerned - for example Proverbs says "rejoice in the wife of your youth"...this paints a picture of young women wanting to settle down... but the truth is that the vast majority of women only wanna settle down in their mid to late 20s after they have had their fun.

3. The bible also says if any man cant contain let him go and marry lest he burn with passion. again this is deceitful, truth is guys are attracted to hot young thangz, at the age most women wanna marry they have lost quite a bit of their attractiveness - so a woman marrying at 29 wont help me contain anything. I would still be lusting after university students (cant help it - its biology) after Ive married her unless she is among those that really took care of her body well.
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
4. The Bible calls sexual attraction lust and there is no clear line... the implication is that most christian guys are afraid of having feelings for a woman lest they commit "lust".
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Techguy96(m): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
In all the bible is thrash that no sane human should even follow.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
5. Marriage is a joke because the guys getting married have bleeped around and the girls too have fukked around before going down the isle pretending to be saints lol.
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
Techguy96:
In all the bible is thrash that no sane human should even follow.
Ha no oh I wont go as far as calling the bible thrash - its the Word of the Living God. Though I have made mistakes following it, they are mistakes I can recover from.... and the mistakes are from our interpretation of it (often wrong messages by overzealous pastors) and not from the Bible itself.

The Bible is great and God is great! Jesus is amazing!

But there are faults in the belief system stemming from human error in interpreting the bible that needs to be addressed.

2 Likes

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by daddytime(m): 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
This is deeeeep
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2021
6. The truth is that empirical research shows that women do not love men unconditionally.... women are incredibly selfish creatures who are obsessed with whats in it for them and hardly make sacrifices; they only do what is convenient for them.

4 Likes

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Kayberg: 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
1. Thou shalt be decent and thine wife, if ye shall truly follow that which was written in the Holy Bible.
2. Thou shalt not condemn the sayings of the LORD thy GOD because thou wast consumed by the desires of thine heart.
3. Thou hast taken wrath in thine heart out of the abundance of covetousness and lusts in thine heart, because thou wouldst not that thou shouldst keep the commandment of the LORD thy GOD.
4. Cast not thine errors on what thou has conceived in thine heart and accuse the word of the LORD thy GOD for being unjust.
5. Thou didst mention king David and his error when he didst take to himself the wife of his soldier Uriah as a cause that the king couldst not take to himself many wives, but thou didst err for thou canst even remember that the LORD his GOD spoke thus unto him after that he had done the evil in the sight of the LORD:

2 Samuel 12 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ And the LORD sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.
² The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:
³ But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.
⁴ And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
⁵ And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:
⁶ And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.
⁷ And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;
⁸ And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
⁹ Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
¹⁰ Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
¹¹ Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
¹² For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.
¹³ And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
¹⁴ Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.
¹⁵ And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.
¹⁶ David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.
¹⁷ And the elders of his house arose, and went to him, to raise him up from the earth: but he would not, neither did he eat bread with them.
¹⁸ And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?

King David hast access unto women. He had unto himself concubines and wives. Woman wast not the problem of king David.
Therefore, I'll advise thee that thou tender an apology to the LORD thy GOD for thou hast spoken these things against the heavens and not in favour of thine own religion.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Ayo081(m): 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
I don't even know what to say to you lol
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:
5. Marriage is a joke because the guys getting married have bleeped around and the girls too have fukked around before going down the isle pretending to be saints lol.
Your reasoning is disconnected... are you drunk? undecided

How old are you? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your reasoning is disconnected... are you drunk? undecided

How old are you? undecided
a large number of people that walk down the isle today include retired male oloshos, retired female oloshos, baby mamas, etc. And why are you asking me personal questions and otherwise getting personal - please if you must comment, stick with the facts.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kayberg:
1. Thou shalt be decent and thine wife, if ye shall truly follow that which was written in the Holy Bible.
2. Thou shalt not condemn the sayings of the LORD thy GOD because thou wast consumed by the desires of thine heart.
3. Thou hast taken wrath in thine heart out of the abundance of covetousness and lusts in thine heart, because thou wouldst not that thou shouldst keep the commandment of the LORD thy GOD.
4. Cast not thine errors on what thou has conceived in thine heart and accuse the word of the LORD thy GOD for being unjust.
5. Thou didst mention king David and his error when he didst take to himself the wife of his soldier Uriah as a cause that the king couldst not take to himself many wives, but thou didst err for thou canst even remember that the LORD his GOD spoke thus unto him after that he had done the evil in the sight of the LORD:

2 Samuel 12 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ And the LORD sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.
² The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:
³ But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.
⁴ And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
⁵ And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:
⁶ And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.
⁷ And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;
⁸ And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
⁹ Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
¹⁰ Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
¹¹ Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
¹² For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.
¹³ And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
¹⁴ Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.
¹⁵ And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.
¹⁶ David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.
¹⁷ And the elders of his house arose, and went to him, to raise him up from the earth: but he would not, neither did he eat bread with them.
¹⁸ And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?

King David hast access unto women. He had unto himself concubines and wives. Woman wast not the problem of king David.
Therefore, I'll advise thee that thou tender an apology to the LORD thy GOD for thou hast spoken these things against the heavens and not in favour of thine own religion.

You are fear mongering. The Bible records that David killed another man to take over his wife - this is scarcity mentality.

You can quote Bible verses or try to use God to stir fear but that tactic is old and no longer works. We must stick to the facts.

2 Likes

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
7. The Bible says "do not be unequically yoked with unbelievers" (paraphrased). In order words do not marry non-born again types.
But it has been my experience that evangelical born again type women are among the most selfish, narcissistic, self serving people on the face of the earth. these women are so selfish and evil that they fail to see that they dont love God more than the rest of us. they also value church and their pastors more than their family - so foolish; these types dont know that their husband may actually be closer to God than her.

4 Likes

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Dtruthspeaker: 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
Ayo081:
I don't even know what to say to you lol

These are the days of blasphemers, mockers and scoffers.

2 Likes

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

na im not a blasphemer - I refer you to a recent thread of a 35 year old deeper life man that was ruined by judeo christian regulations who is still single - because the church placed heavy regulations on dating/ relationships - I will find the thread and put it up here. It is safe to say that his life has been ruined by the religion (not by God though) . christian religion is one thing but God is seperate.

At 35 he is too old to start understanding how women work and too old to understand that women dont get attracted by bible verses....

Christianity can be dangerous if it is not practiced correctly. The practice of Christianity calls for moderation.

2 Likes

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Dtruthspeaker: 6:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:
First of all God is God, good, sovereign and Almighty. This write up is not about God but rather is about ways human beings have twisted the Word of God to cause fear and suppression of human sexuality...

You have said The Truth here.

Then to add to it people do not honestly and Truthfully listen to God. They simply want to avoid the punishment that goes with disobedience whilst pursuing the blessings and good things they can obtain from Him.

God's Word is like traveling, if you do not use the correct route, you would not get to your destination.

If you use the correct route and deviate, you would not get to your destination.

A person can not be going to Lagos from Abuja, then he uses Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria road.
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:

a large number of people that walk down the isle today include retired male oloshos, retired female oloshos, baby mamas, etc. And why are you asking me personal questions and otherwise getting personal - please if you must comment, stick with the facts.
What is wrong with their walking down the isle? undecided

Where did you get the idea that marriage is not for them? undecided

I ask the personal questions obviously so I can get a better idea of where the comprehension issue may stem from. Is the twisted interpretation that I responded to earlier not yours? undecided
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Dtruthspeaker: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:

Christianity can be dangerous if it is not practiced correctly. The practice of Christianity calls for moderation.

I spoke to soon! I apologize!

This is very accurate.

A person who holds the sharp edge of a knife using the handle to cut orange is going to cut himself... and still would not cut the orange.
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What is wrong with their walking down the isle? undecided

Where did you get the idea that marriage is not for them? undecided

I ask the personal questions obviously so I can get a better idea of where the comprehension issue may stem from. Is the twisted interpretation that I responded to earlier not yours? undecided

I did not say there is anything wrong with their walking down the aisle nor that marriage is not for them. If it works for them then fine.
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Starzo: 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
This useless g*y again...hell fire dey sing welcome hymn for you

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:
4. The Bible calls sexual attraction lust and there is no clear line... the implication is that most christian guys are afraid of having feelings for a woman lest they commit "lust".
4. One does not first need to be a Christian to acquire self-control, which is key in dealing with lust. Long before I come to know Jesus Christ, I at least was able to live a disciplined life enough so I was not through around mentally and physically by my hormones. Monks spend years honky this art. undecided

So those Christians who struggle with lust as you claim are more than likely those who had no self-control and discipline to begin with. undecided
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:
I did not say there is anything wrong with their walking down the aisle nor that marriage is not for them. If it works for them then fine.
So, what did you imply by your earlier position suggesting marriage is a joke because they too have access to it? undecided
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
4. One does not first need to be a Christian to acquire self-control, which is key in dealing with lust. Long before I come to know Jesus Christ, I at least was able to live a disciplined life enough so I was not through around mentally and physically by my hormones. Monks spend years honky this art. undecided

So those Christians who struggle with lust as you claim are more than likely those who had no self-control and discipline to begin with. undecided

pls stay off this thread... thanks.
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:
pls stay off this thread... thanks.
undecided
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by illicit(m): 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
undecided
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Ayo081(m): 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Hmmmmn...

God help us to keep our fuel burning.
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2021
8. The Bible says woman is a help meet. That's God's INTENTION. How many Christian men have taken this to heart only to be disappointed when girls don't perform this role.... the truth is that the vast majority of women aren't help meets to poor men but are only help meets to middle class men or to wealthy men. they don't want poor men regardless of how born again the poor man is!

A woman being a help meet to a man is conditional upon what she's getting in return....

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 10:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
When a Christian man that's struggling is toasting a girl, because of the bible he believes the girl will consider him though he struggling since bible says the woman is help meet... not knowing that the girl will primarily consider a guy that will provide for her & doesn't want stress

2 Likes

Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Ayo081(m): 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
OP if you continue with your analysis, it'll get to point where you might discard Christ's promise (that He's coming back) undecided
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:
8. The Bible says woman is a help meet. That's God's INTENTION. How many Christian men have taken this to heart only to be disappointed when girls don't perform this role.... the truth is that the vast majority of women aren't help meets to poor men but are only help meets to middle class men or to wealthy men. they don't want poor men regardless of how born again the poor man is!

A woman being a help meet to a man is conditional upon what she's getting in return....
8. The Bible never said a woman is a help meet for man instead the Bible said the woman, Eve, was created as a companion for the man, Adam, explaining why God cursed the union of marriage, the relationship He created between Adam and Eve, when they sinned against Him - Genesis 3 vs 16 undecided

Marriage, was always meant by God as a choice and so in the same Bible, we are told that God created them male and female- Genesis 1 vs 27 - 30 - but He didn't created marrriage for all men and women. The same God is said to have created some Eunuchs from birth, some were made Eunuchs in life and others chose to be Eunuchs for the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 3 - 15.
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by BigBashiru: 10:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
Ayo081:
OP if you continue with your analysis, it'll get to point where you might discard Christ's promise (that He's coming back) undecided

lolz no I'm actually a very faithful follower of Christ....

These arguments I make here I discuss them with God too.

I believe God expects us to ask questions and challenge things and not just be blind followers....
Re: How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others by Dtruthspeaker: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
Ayo081:

Hmmmmn...

God help us to keep our fuel burning.

Amen!

But the best is tomorrow should be Judgement Day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

War Against Haman-17 / Simple Similarities And Differences Between Jehovah's Witnesses And LDS / Transgenders Strip Naked In Front Of Kids On TV To Normalise Sex Change Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.