Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python (868 Views)

Learning Python Kivy / Who's Interested In Learning Python For Data Science (from Scratch) / Python Books To Start Learning Python Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by derrydinny: 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
good evening everyone. I have a problem that I do not seem to know how to solve, I started learning python prog. language a while back and I think I have mastered the syntax to a certain level. I can perfectly write codes that run with little need for debugging but I do not know how to scale - I want to start creating simple real time projects with python but I do not know how to go about it. I really need some help on this and I would appreciate it if I can get some links to videos or free courses that can put me through on what to do or if anyone can take the pain to give me an in-depth explanation on it. thanks in advance
Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by airsaylongcome: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
Data Science with Python
Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by stanliwise(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
derrydinny:
good evening everyone. I have a problem that I do not seem to know how to solve, I started learning python prog. language a while back and I think I have mastered the syntax to a certain level. I can perfectly write codes that run with little need for debugging but I do not know how to scale - I want to start creating simple real time projects with python but I do not know how to go about it. I really need some help on this and I would appreciate it if I can get some links to videos or free courses that can put me through on what to do or if anyone can take the pain to give me an in-depth explanation on it. thanks in advance
There are tons of project to advance and replicate. You just don’t know how to do it, is the answer.

Perhaps becareful when you say you know python which I doubt.

To move forward which area do you wanna focus on?

Hacking ?
Web?
Mobile?
Networking?
IOT?
Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by Sheriman(m): 12:44am On Oct 08, 2021
What have you learned?? Keep learning the basics bro!!!
Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 08, 2021
This is the problem of doing what people suggested you do, and not what you really have passion to do. Anyway, the good news is that it is just a language, and it is not a waste. If you decide to fo something else which doent involve using it it is easier for you to learn another language.

This is why older people are at advantage. They know what they want yo use what they learn to do.

My advise is that you go and research what python can do, and look at which you are interested in. Then, look at the process and how to get it done.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by derrydinny: 4:52am On Oct 08, 2021
stanliwise:

There are tons of project to advance and replicate. You just don’t know how to do it, is the answer.

Perhaps becareful when you say you know python which I doubt.

To move forward which area do you wanna focus on?

Hacking ?
Web?
Mobile?
Networking?
IOT?
Mobile and software development
Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by koyla: 7:04am On Oct 08, 2021
Learn and practise these python libraries kivy and kivymd for mobile development and you can as well as look out for tkinter/ttkbootstrap, pyqt5, django, flask for other software developments
derrydinny:

Mobile and software development
Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by LikeAking: 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
Good luck.
Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by benjibabs(m): 7:23am On Oct 09, 2021
Learning a programming language to develop a software is way more than learning the syntax. My advice is this: get a python book that walks you through developing a sample software. Study the book thoroughly, completing all suggested tasks and typing out all the codes. This will introduce you to some of the concepts, techniques and methodology you need to know to develop a software. Are you familiar with the terms such as frameworks, bootstrap, dependency manager, libraries, DRY, OOP etc ? Studying a book with a sample project will demystify all those terms and many more.

When you’re done with the book, get yourself a pet project and follow the methodology your learned in the book to complete it. You will encounter lots of issues that will lead you to learn more rstuff to solve. You may want to join some python communities where you can ask for help when you get stuck.

Are you still with me? Ok. Next will be the almighty right of passage! This is where you’ll code a software development framework based on python. It does not have to come with all the bells and whistles, Just a decent framework. Once you complete this, you will be ready to take on commercial project with confidence and ease.

Good luck!

NB. My advice is purely from my experience learning PHP; it is not set in stone. However, I believe the experience is transferable to any other language. Feel free to skip steps or add more steps as you see fit. I hope my experience and others you may come across will help you to chart your own path, and make your journey a lot easy.
Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by gistray: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2021
Learn Cobra
Re: Don't Know What Next To Do After Learning Python by Bahat: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
derrydinny:

Write a script using selenium to auto login in to your Nairaland account and post a new topic with the name of your script.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Learning Cyber Security / What Do You Think About This Guys? My Friends Latest Multi-purpose Site.. / Chat GPT Article On Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.