Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,092 members, 7,859,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O (859 Views)

What's The Best Advice On This Matter? / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? / Is My Wife Correct On This Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
A man got married to a girl (let's call her Sarah) and they had a policy that no one, not even family members should visit without informing them, they agreed expressly that I any member of their family visit them without informing them, they'll lodge the person in a hotel for just a night and send them back home.

One certain time, the man's mother came home without informing anyone, the man pleaded with his wife to be considerate as they were short on cash but Sarah was adamant that her mother inlaw must go, since she didn't give any prior notice before her arrival. The man was not happy about it, he had to look for money to borrow, lodged his mum in the hotel and sent her parking the next day...

After a while, the Sarah's mother also came around for her son's graduation (that is the Sarah's brother who at that time was staying at the boarding house), and funny enough she didn't inform anyone, as per the rule, the man insisted that Sarah's mother shouldn't sleep in the house, she should be lodged in a hotel for the night and sent home the next day.

Sarah reluctantly agreed, but she obliged, the next day, a circular was released from the school that the graduation initially scheduled for Monday has been moved to Friday, now. Sarah is insisting that either her mum stays home or they (sarah and her husband) pays for her hotel bill till she leaves...

The husband on the other hand is saying that they won't pay for more than a night as per the rule...

How should this issue be resolved
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by invinzible1: 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2021
Favfables:
A man got married to a girl (let's call her Sarah) and they had a policy that no one, not even family members should visit without informing them, they agreed expressly that I any member of their family visit them without informing them, they'll lodge the person in a hotel for just a night and send them back home.

One certain time, the man's mother came home without informing anyone, the man pleaded with his wife to be considerate as they were short on cash but Sarah was adamant that her mother inlaw must go, since she didn't give any prior notice before her arrival. The man was not happy about it, he had to look for money to borrow, lodged his mum in the hotel and sent her parking the next day...

After a while, the Sarah's mother also came around for her son's graduation (that is the Sarah's brother who at that time was staying at the boarding house), and funny enough she didn't inform anyone, as per the rule, the man insisted that Sarah's mother shouldn't sleep in the house, she should be lodged in a hotel for the night and sent home the next day.

Sarah reluctantly agreed, but she obliged, the next day, a circular was released from the school that the graduation initially scheduled for Monday has been moved to Friday, now. Sarah is insisting that either her mum stays home or they (sarah and her husband) pays for her hotel bill till she leaves...

The husband on the other hand is saying that they won't pay for more than a night as per the rule...

Just mind your business
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by ahnie: 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2021
What's good for the goose is also better for the gander.

1 Like

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by ahnie: 3:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mama go jog go back her house be that.

1 Like

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Ammishaddai: 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
This is simple. Let the husband continue along the path of wickedness Sarah laid .

1 Like

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Zaxbash1: 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mama gas go 00 grin U have to be wicked some times
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
Favfables:

No be by force say the grandmother has to be there on the grandsons day of graduation. So she can say hi to the boys and leave. The couple can send video and pictures of the event to her or even stream it live for family to watch from wherever they are. Problem solved and marital peace restored. . undecided

1 Like

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Bornsinner7: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by MufasaLion: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
What sort of policy are they operating? grin

1 Like

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Rubbiish(m): 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
Fictional!
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
MufasaLion:
What sort of policy are they operating? grin

My dear...
This policy was borne out of necessity o...
In times past, extended family members and relatives will come around and stay for a while (2 - 3 weeks) and this was causing problems in the house, because finance was a factor and also the wive didn't like some of the husband's people, so this policy was implemented...

But I don't think the wife ever thought that her idea would be a double edged sword

1 Like

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2021
Rubbiish:
Fictional!

Not really...
Though it's not first hand info (my cousins friend is the man and I overheard the discuss), but it's so not fictional...
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by MufasaLion: 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
Favfables:

My dear...
This policy was borne out of necessity o...
In times past, extended family members and relatives will come around and stay for a while (2 - 3 weeks) and this was causing problems in the house, because finance was a factor and also the wive didn't like some of the husband's people, so this policy was implemented...

But I don't think the wife ever thought that her idea would be a double edged sword

Oh, now I understand. Marriage thing is too dicey. grin

Iyaebe should read this thread.

1 Like

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

Oh, now I understand. Marriage thing is too dicey. grin

Iyaebe should read this thread.

On a serious note it's very abnormal not to want your in-laws around especially if they don't pose any threats.So this two are in war and not marriage
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by MufasaLion: 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
On a serious note it's very abnormal not to want your in-laws around especially if they don't pose any threats.So this two are in war and not marriage

grin grin grin

Military regime.

1 Like

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin

Military regime.
The only time I won't want anyone around is when we are newly married, do I have to tell them to give me space to enjoy myself? of course they should know, they can come when Im fully blowned.lol
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by MufasaLion: 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
The only time I won't want anyone around is when we are newly married, do I have to tell them to give me space to enjoy myself? of course they should know, they can come when Im fully blowned.lol

LMAO

Fully blowned. grin grin grin grin

Some relatives don't care if you're just married especially in a case where the husband is from an average background but rich.
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

LMAO

Fully blowned. grin grin grin grin

Some relatives don't care if you're just married especially in a case where the husband is from an average background but rich.
Well if that's the case and there's no alternative I guess we will have to manage somehow, honeymoon no dy finish for marriage lol
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by MufasaLion: 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
Well if that's the case and there's no alternative I guess we will have to manage somehow, honeymoon no dy finish for marriage lol

grin grin grin

You can have your honeymoon outside the country.
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin
You can have your honeymoon outside the country.
Better
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by MufasaLion: 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
Better

grin grin grin

Daddy's girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2021
Very weird people.
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by efficiencie(m): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2021
Favfables:

What you two must agree to are the below verses:

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Ephesians 5:22, 24 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

You two must first agree to this arrangement and factor this into your martial relations. Unless you two see each other as equals or believe in the gender equality trash the wife is to be subject to the husband and the husband subject to the LORD GOD and to be subject to the LORD GOD is to love as the LORD GOD loves.

He should allow his wife's mom stay for as long as she intends but as soon as she leaves he should tell his wife that they are dropping that policy of how you treat your relatives. A better approach will be to inform your parents to give them a heads up anytime they are coming around to visit.

Tell him to be the man and take charge of his home. He should love his wife and also be the captain of the ship of his family. The first time a man decided to be lax with respect to his duties as a man he sinned, he was thrown out of his lush garden and he plunged humanity into a life of sin and death.

Love your wife and be the captain of your home...in other words be a benevolent dictator
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by ibechris(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mama must go.

But wait oh,una go create plenty enemies for una selves.
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2021
They should move away from family. That way, no one will be showing up at their home unannounced.
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Richy4(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2021
Her Mother should go back home and come back on Thursday for her son's graduation....With proper invitation.. this time she might stay in the house because she was invited...They should stick with the rigid Rule... or they can add some clause...what a weird family . grin

Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by sisisioge: 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin

Very funny couple! Their parents should officially write them before visiting....them do well. I just hope they will be able to sustain the rubbish they have started. The day the devil will stroll around their courtyard, we hope their parents wont demand a proper IV before intervening. Ndi jakujaku.
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
efficiencie:

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Ephesians 5:22, 24 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

You two must first agree to this arrangement and factor this into your martial relations. Unless you two see each other as equals or believe in the gender equality trash the wife is to be subject to the husband and the husband subject to the LORD GOD and to be subject to the LORD GOD is to love as the LORD GOD loves.

He should allow his wife's mom stay for as long as she intends but as soon as she leaves he should tell his wife that they are dropping that policy of how you treat your relatives. A better approach will be to inform your parents to give them a heads up anytime they are coming around to visit.

Tell him to be the man and take charge of his home. He should love his wife and also be the captain of the ship of his family. The first time a man decided to be lax with respect to his duties as a man he sinned, he was thrown out of his lush garden and he plunged humanity into a life of sin and death.

Love your wife and be the captain of your home...in other words be a benevolent dictator

Thank you so much sir for your input...
But see eh...
The possibility of him allowing his mother inlaw to stay is very slim, if not non-existent...

Imagine, your mother travels all the way from the village, and after a very stressful journey she expects to rest in her son's house, and the moment she gets there, she is told she can't stay in her son's house, all because her daughter in-law is threatening to rain fire and brimestone...
It's truly hurtful and this guy loves his mum like mad (his father died about a decade ago so his mum has been his all)...

And now that the wife is in the same delimma her husband was a while ago, do you think he'll just allow it like that?? Come on na, let's be real here...

The husband will think that, if we couldn't make an exception for my mother, why should I make an exception for hers?? Is it because her mother is better than mine?? Or is there something that's so special about her mom??
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
efficiencie:

But see eh...
The possibility of him allowing his mother inlaw to stay is very slim, if not non-existent...

Imagine, your mother travels all the way from the village, and after a very stressful journey she expects to rest in her son's house, and the moment she gets there, she is told she can't stay in her son's house, all because her daughter in-law is threatening to rain fire and brimestone...
It's truly hurtful and this guy loves his mum like mad (his father died about a decade ago so his mum has been his all)...

And now that the wife is in the same delimma her husband was a while ago, do you think he'll just allow it like that?? Come on na, let's be real here...

The husband will think that, if we couldn't make an exception for my mother, why should I make an exception for hers?? Is it because her mother is better than mine?? Or is there something that's so special about her mom??

Thoughts like this will definitely run through his mind...
Re: Abeg Come And Help Solve This Matter O by efficiencie(m): 3:29am On Oct 10, 2021
Favfables:

But see eh...

Thoughts like this will definitely run through his mind...

I get. If na me sef I no go gree...but whatever decision they arrive at, they need to redefine the terms of their union. Men should stop seeing themselves as equals to their wives and start making sensible policies to guide the conduct of behavior at home.

(1) (Reply)

Pastors And Marriage Decisions / . / I Am Falling In With My Friend Wife Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.