Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? (1342 Views)

Brief History Of Idemili In Igbo Land / History Of Umuoji Town, Idemili North, Anambra / Ancient Shrine Commissioned In Oyo State By Alaafin. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
Anyone with useful information about Idemili river/shrine in Anambra state, should kindly assist. Most especially, the actual location.

Thanks.

Nuisance stay far away.

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by MufasaLion: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2021
smiley
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by CandyOps(m): 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mmiri idemili flows through my village. We have kindreds with the original surname Idemili.

So what do you wish to know?
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2021
CandyOps:
Mmiri idemili flows through my village. We have kindreds with the original surname Idemili.

So what do you wish to know?
I heard it gives wealth and success. How can I connect? Thanks
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Abohboy: 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
There's no singular major shrine for Idemilli rather wherever the river niger flows through is where there would be a shrine dedicated to Idemilli at but unfortunately a lot of these shrines have been burnt down or closed down by Christians or by colonial officers so finding one may be difficult but as far as I know there should be one in both Asaba and Onitsha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Abohboy: 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
Deserea:
I heard it gives wealth and success. How can I connect? Thanks

You must remember wealth and success doesn't come for free what is likely to happen when you go into the shrine looking for Idemilli is you will have to buy foodstuffs for the initial sacrifice to appease her then after that she will give you guidance on how to achieve it if you don't follow the guidance given then you will fail and you must remember patience is essential in this process.

But I will say i've never personally tried these things before so becareful to not get scammed
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
Abohboy:

You must remember wealth and success doesn't come for free what is likely to happen when you go into the shrine looking for Idemilli is you will have to buy foodstuffs for the initial sacrifice to appease her then after that she will give you guidance on how to achieve it if you don't follow the guidance given then you will fail and you must remember patience is essential in this process.

But I will say i've never personally tried these things before so becareful to not get scammed
Thanks. Do you know the exact shrine Some said it's Obosi while others are saying Agulu. Where exactly is it located. Thanks
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 6:52pm On Oct 08, 2021
Abohboy:
There's no singular major shrine for Idemilli rather wherever the river niger flows through is where there would be a shrine dedicated to Idemilli at but unfortunately a lot of these shrines have been burnt down or closed down by Christians or by colonial officers so finding one may be difficult but as far as I know there should be one in both Asaba and Onitsha
Thanks, do you know of any precise location?
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Abohboy: 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2021
Deserea:
Thanks. Do you know the exact shrine Some said it's Obosi while others are saying Agulu. Where exactly is it located. Thanks

As a say there's multiple shrines personally i'd go to the one based in Obosi it's close to a place called Nkwo square in Obosi but I don't know the exact road it's on
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
Abohboy:

As a say there's multiple shrines personally i'd go to the one based in Obosi it's close to a place called Nkwo square in Obosi but I don't know the exact road it's on
I'm grateful sir. Thanks
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2021
Still waiting for more response.
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by agadez007(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2021
Deserea:
Anyone with useful information about Idemili river/shrine in Anambra state, should kindly assist. Most especially, the actual location.

Thanks.

Nuisance stay far away.
The idemili shrine is originally in Nnobi,other towns have their own names for the river but Nnobi town is the origin of the name idemili before it was made a local government
Go to Nnobi and the elders will point you there
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
agadez007:
The idemili shrine is originally in Nnobi,other towns have their own names for the river but Nnobi town is the origin of the name idemili before it was made a local government
Go to Nnobi and the elders will point you there
Thanks
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by RedboneSmith(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
Abohboy:

Idemmili shrine in Asaba? Highly doubt it.
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Idemmili shrine in Asaba? Highly doubt it.
Which location do you know?
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 11:54pm On Nov 02, 2021
More please

(1) (Reply)

~Are There Really Women Who Can't Cook . . .?~ / Fulbe (fulani) And Kel-tamasheq (tuaregs) United For The Youth (jeunesse) Song / In What Language Do You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.