Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years (17960 Views)

First International Flight Lands In Lagos Airport After 5 Months / King Air Jet Rams Into Fence At Lagos Airport After Brake Failure / Woman Stopped At German Airport After Husband's Bones Were Found In Her Luggage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by AlexBells(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
For the past two years the Akanuibiam international Airport Enugu had been on close down amidst Repair and Covid 19 lockdown, today we witnessed the reopening to international flight in the airport as Ethiopian Airline resume flights to the destination.

This is really great for the economy of Enugu/AlaIgbo in particular and Nigeria in general, although the period of fixing the airport took a lot more than expected, I'm personally grateful to President Mohammed Buhari on this one, now it all makes sense maybe it was worth the wait.

It was a light occasion in the Airport today which I'm honestly happy to withness, I want to appeal to people especially Igbos, to fly the Ethiopian airline enroute Enugu and your cargoes too, according to the Enugu Manager of the Ethiopian airline, they are ready to serve us as far as we are ready to cooperate.

16 Likes

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by Americafighter: 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2021
I dey beg una again ooo ... Make una no do the same mistake wey una do for 2015 ooo
If u guys vote for tinubu again we don enter one chance again be that...
I be Yoruba boy from osun where the tinubu come from before all his online dogs start barking on me

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by Totilopussylick(m): 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
cheesy One da ful

Ebonyi state is next smiley.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
Alright but people now have their respective airports.

There is too much insecurity and it is totally not advisable to travel by road now .

Short distance travel from state to outside world remains the best.

Congratulations 042.

8 Likes

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by BlowYourMind: 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hope unknown ESN/IPOB gunmen will not kill the pilots. Igbo Jews na U biko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by Totilopussylick(m): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
BlowYourMind:
Hope unknown ESN/IPOB gunmen will not kill the pilots. Igbo Jews na U biko
Relax.

Such won't happen lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by AlexBells(m): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Alright but people now have their respective airports.

There is too much insecurity and it is totally not advisable to travel by road now .

Short distance travel from state to outside world remains the best.

Congratulations 042.
I know Anambra now have but if you think about the trade volume coming towards AlaIgbo, you would realise that even 10 airports won't be enough, Anambra would prioritise more Cargo while Enugu would prioritise more passenger,

It would help decongest the roads too if the air gets more cargoes, remember Enugu would in the future serve both AlaIgbo and Middle belt state of parts of Kogi and Benue so don't panic it will all still work gainfully,

Enugu is only flying Ethiopian airline for now, Anambra can handle direct flights to China and US, Enugu can handle direct flight to Europe let the infrastructure stand first,

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by Totilopussylick(m): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
Americafighter:
I dey beg una again ooo ... Make una no do the same mistake wey una do for 2015 ooo
I be Yoruba boy from osun where the tinubu come from before all his online dogs start barking on me
Who the hell are you to decide who Nigeria want for president

6 Likes

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by LegendHero(m): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2021
Americafighter:

Thank you for this.

We should we now vote that can win election?

9 Likes

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by henryutd(m): 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
Udo.
More targets for the UGM and another set I won't mention their names here.
We have even forgotten that the airport was shutdown before.

1 Like

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by fasho01(m): 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
That's great to hear

1 Like

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by dollynnn(f): 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
Good news

2 Likes

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
AlexBells:

I know Anambra now have but if you think about the trade volume coming towards AlaIgbo, you would realise that even 10 airports won't be enough, Anambra would prioritise more Cargo while Enugu would prioritise more passenger,

It would help decongest the roads too if the air gets more cargoes, remember Enugu would in the future serve both AlaIgbo and Middle belt state of parts of Kogi and Benue so don't panic it will all still work painfully,

Enugu is only flying Ethiopian airline for now, Anambra can handle direct flights to China and US, Enugu can handle direct flight to Europe let the infrastructure stand first,

Lamentations, who asked you all this grin

There is too much insecurity in the road to even think of going over 2 hr distance to board a flight for now.

Home grown solution has now sorted the issue out.
Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by psychologist(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
This is an eyesore and very shameful

We are just giant of Africa by mouth. SA, Ghana, Kenya, Angola, Egypt etc are a light years ahead of us

1 Like

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by ATEAMS: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
Nassoo... supervised by a northern
Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by SmartPolician: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
This is a welcome development even though it is happening a little too late. I noticed yesterday that Igbos traveling home this Christmas have fully booked Air Peace flying to Enugu and Owerri from 23rd through 26th December. Guess what, the ticket is over 95k. grin It's sold out!

I suspect that a good number of them will be coming from overseas and would have flown directly down to Enugu instead of stopping at Lagos. Like I stated earlier, this is good news as it's better late than never. Thank you, M. Buhari.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by potonicomf(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
For more information concerning NYSC BATCH C
Click on the link
https:///HogPXKTAjbsKln5H8Wcvyy

Pls you can help me share to your various groups or anyone going with this batch
Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by AlexBells(m): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Lamentations, who asked you all this grin

There is too much insecurity in the road to even think of going over 2 hr distance to board a flight for now.

Home grown solution has now sorted the issue out.
Sorry oo, I didn't mean to upset you, didn't know you were not asking,

3 Likes

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by revived: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
Okay

But no matter how international it is Dem go still first brach Lagos or Abuja

2 Likes

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by adesegun121(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ok
Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
AlexBells:
For the past two years the Akanuibiam international Airport Enugu had been on close down amidst Repair and Covid 19 lockdown, today we witnessed the reopening to international flight in the airport as Ethiopian Airline resume flights to the destination.

This is really great for the economy of Enugu/AlaIgbo in particular and Nigeria in general, although the period of fixing the airport took a lot more than expected, I'm personally grateful to President Mohammed Buhari on this one, now it all makes sense maybe it was worth the wait.

It was a light occasion in the Airport today which I'm honestly happy to withness, I want to appeal to people especially Igbos, to fly the Ethiopian airline enroute Enugu and your cargoes too, according to the Enugu Manager of the Ethiopian airline, they are ready to serve us as far as we are ready to cooperate.

so all the cinema the Ethiopian president was doing is not in vain
Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
psychologist:
This is an eyesore and very shameful

We are just giant of Africa by mouth. SA, Ghana, Kenya, Angola, Egypt etc are a light years ahead of us

continue voting in vegetable as president

abi no be una won try tinubu join

1 Like

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by stanluiz(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
That great . Obiano should hurry fast and complete Anambra international airport before this Xmas.

Any updates about Ebonyi airport ?

1 Like

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by murphyibiam15(m): 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
Good, that's an airport named after my ancestor, Dr ibiam cool

2 Likes

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by Saskay44: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ok
Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by fredoooooo: 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
Americafighter:
We go vote en mass for any yoruba candidate on that list... Tinubu first, if he's not on that list anybody coming from the SW is welcome... SW next

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by Americafighter: 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
fredoooooo:

We go vote en mass for any yoruba candidate on that list be it Tinubu or Osin

Toor we all go suffer am but na una own go plenty pass ooo

1 Like

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by fredoooooo: 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
Americafighter:

Toor we all go suffer am but na una own go plenty pass ooo
Person wey wan suffer can suffer ,we choose happiness, it's not about noise and emotion ...l

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years by proeast(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
Good news!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Track Laying Work On The Kaduna-Kano Railway / Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport / Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.