Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan (17980 Views)

Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Adesiji77: 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
Hi Nairalanders, I would be starting my vacation leave next week and would love to spend a greater part of it in the ancient city of Ibadan since I do not have plans to travel abroad.

Please, where are the places of interest that I can visit while in Ibadan so as to make my holiday worthwhile? Kindly offer practical suggestions. Thank you

@Moderators, please move the front page for maximum response
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by seunadeolu(m): 11:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
IBADAN IS THE PERFECT OPPOSITE OF LAGOS, AND IT STRESS FREE, I LIVED THERE FOR MORE THAN 15 YRS AND I STILL PREFER IT MORE THAN LAGOS EVEN THOUGH THERE MIGHT BE A LITTLE DISPARITY IN LIFESTYLE AND EXPOSURE, THE PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND RESPECTFUL EVEN WHEN THEY THROW JABS AT EACH OTHER THEY STILL LIVE IN HARMONY, IT AN EXPREIENCE AND A TRIP WORTHWHILE.

SO LET GET DOWN TO BUSINESS PLACES TO VISIT ARE AND FEEL AT HOME ARE,CHALLENGE( ENTRY POINT FOR ALL PASSENGERS), RING ROAD, OLUYOLE(EQUIVALENT WITH LEKKI AND GOT SOME NICE HOT SPOT), AGBOWO( HOME TO THE PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN), SANGO(ALSO A LIVELY AREA LIKE YABA), POLY ROAD(ON THE SAME ROAD AS SANGO WERE LIES THE POLYTECHNIC IBADAN AND LINKS WITH THE NEXT PLACE I MENTIONED), ELEYELE (A VERY NICE A ENVIRONMENT AND HOME TO A FLOWING RIVER), DUGBE(THIS IS THE CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT IN IBADAN MOST BANK HQrTS IS SITUATED HERE AND OTHER BUSINESS), MONATAN( A FAST DEVELOPING AREA), FELELE(LIVELY AS EVER), AND THE EXCLUSIVE BODIJA (JUST LIKE IKOYI, THE HIGH AND WELL TO DO ABOUND HERE AND SOCIAL LIFE IS EVIDENT EVERY WHERE)ETC JUST TO MENTION FEW.

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME THEN AM GONNA TELL TO JUST BE COOL AND BE YOURSELF AND TRY TO ADAPT TO UR NU ENVIRONMENT, NO GO FORM LASGIDI GUY OH,TIP; don't ask too much question or try to tell where u are coming from, act as if you are a stay lite, payments for stuff like food drink and most importantly transport will amaze you compare to what u spend in Lagos. THIS IS JUST MY TAKE FOR NOW AM FEELING SLEEPY. ENJOY UR TRIP!

10 Likes

Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by fittty(m): 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
Adesiji77: Hi Nairalanders, I would be starting my vacation leave next week and would love to spend a greater part of it in the ancient city of Ibadan since I do not have plans to travel abroad.

Please, where are the places of interest that I can visit while in Ibadan so as to make my holiday worthwhile? Kindly offer practical suggestions. Thank you

@Moderators, please move the front page for maximum response

Ibadan aint got much tourist attraction. The only place i'll recommend is the zoo inside University of Ibadan and the clubs around there 411, Cottons, Ebuvande, Bublles, koko dome(Orientals)...... nothing much to do whenever i visit ibadan. just booze! grin
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ibadan?? angry undecided....I wish you luck lipsrsealed grin
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by michealade(m): 6:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
Go to Genesis in ibadan!!!cocodom,jogor centre,liberty stadium!!stop by@felele,branch Ui..ib lo sure ju

1 Like

Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by RedLight1: 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
speedyboi: Ibadan?? angry undecided....I wish you luck lipsrsealed grin
have u being to ibadan b4?
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by kspeed(m): 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
Well i don't really know places there but i would want you to visit 411 @ BODIJA!one of the most happening Pubs.Cheers....
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by omowolewa: 6:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Abeg, I will like to spend may leave in Ebonyi,what are the places of interest there?

fittty:

are you talking bout a vacation? well ibadan aint got much tourist attraction why not the east? the only place i'll recommend is the zoo inside u.i and the new night clubs around there. nothing much to do whenever i visit ibadan. just booze! grin
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by moredendisc: 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
fittty:

are you talking bout a vacation? well ibadan aint got much tourist attraction why not the east?
the only place i'll recommend is the zoo inside u.i
and the new night clubs around there. nothing much to do whenever i visit ibadan. just booze! grin

@fittty

@Adesiji77

grin grin Zoo? zoo?

fittty's zoo recommendation would have been OK but University of Ibadan zoo is past its prime, it is a shadow of itself;

No more gorilla, no more crocodiles, no more lions etc

Don't waste your time and entry money visiting the zoo

Adesiji77, the only think you'll remember about the zoo after leaving, will be the midges that bit you when you were there

Ibadan is a lackadaisical city and sadly hasn't like Lagos got a galleria, mega plaza, The Palms etc

Ibadan is usually quiet by 7 - 9 pm, you can check out amala joints etc though

2 Likes

Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Red-Light:

have u being to ibadan b4?
Ofcos......don't even ask my experience, trust me...u don't wanna knowwink

omowolewa: Abeg, I will like to spend may leave in Ebonyi,what are the places of interest there?

Ebonyi?? The word ebonyi & vacation/tourism donot go together grin. But goodluck anyway...meanwhile you can start your own thread
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Good clubs in bodija axis. Go to 411 or dome . It's always fun there. I don't know if there are better clubs now thou. I grew up in old bodija. Haven't been there in 5 yrs now. Oluyole is a good place too. Or eleyele. There is a place in eleyele where u can eat fresh fish with palm wine under a big tree. U go see as bankers and other big men park to eat on a bench. Chai I miss Ibadan die. Always remember they booze there a lot . And one more thing. There is a place u can have fun at mokola.it is called ORI OKE. Don't stay there pass 10pm sha. If u don't want to be robbed on ur way home. Enjoy!!
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Freeopod(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ur first destination in ibadan should be an amala joint, preferably bodija 'skybank' or 'ola mummy' u will def forget ur way out of d canteen. Visit UI zoo and awo hall in UI, its d biggest hall of residence in the whole of west africa.

N.B don't forgt to take enough pix of d brown roofs of IB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by cynthio: 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
moredendisc:
no more crocodiles, no more lions etc
Dat's a lie. I visited d zoo 2 months ago and I saw lions and crocidiles too.

1 Like

Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by moredendisc: 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
cynthio: Dat's a lie. I visited d zoo 2 months ago and I saw lions and crocidiles too.

@cynthio

OK was there,

but I was there a year and a half ago, I didn't see or remember seeing any

I do remember getting plagued at the zoo by some biting unseen insects though

Ibadan was a complete let down, slept one night left to return to Lagos the following day
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Jbgurl: 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
akobo,bashorun,bodija,oluyole,challenge on point
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by moredendisc: 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2012
chaircover: haba Ibadan isnt that bad grin

The Zoo is still Ok and 411 et al have been mentioned

For food, Martha's kitchen along magazine road, Jericho is really nice food and service wise. . . . . . for amala joints try ola mummy and fanowole along iwo road

I was going to suggest asking Chaircover for ideas

but hey, see, she isn't really offering much or any particular place of interest(s) to check out
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by segzicres(m): 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
Hmmm good idea! I wanna goto ibadan too dis holiday. Spend my december dere
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by SamAfrik(m): 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
Well, not much tourist attractions in Ib.
But visit Mapo hall- d great building of d old west, @ Oja Oba. You can visit d first TV station in Africa (NTA Ibadan).
You also get to see lots of ancient architectural buildings @ d interior Ib.
Enjoy ur hols

2 Likes

Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by onyxo76(m): 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
I stay in ibadan, its a lot less stressful than lagos though there are traffic jams too o. You can check out the fore mentioned clubs and if you are thinking of going wild then options 24 hours opp officers mess 2nd mech division will entertain you as a strip club but don't stay long there bad boyz full that end o. You can shop at foodco and hang out at kokodome if you are around iyagankun dugbe etcm overall its ok.
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by DaLover(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
whats this constant relationship between amala and ibadan...was the stuff invented there?
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
I think the University of Ibadan is one of the places to see, from information coming from online searches!

Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by ObamaUS: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
There is no difference between lagos and ibadan in terms of tourist attraction.As a matter of fact.The two cities are both dry
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Egbagirl(f): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
Freeopod: Ur first destination in ibadan should be an amala joint, preferably bodija 'skybank' or 'ola mummy' u will def forget ur way out of d canteen. Visit UI zoo and awo hall in UI, its d biggest hall of residence in the whole of west africa.

N.B don't forgt to take enough pix of d brown roofs of IB.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! mehn!! Ola mummy na die!! Sky bank too! Yo OP, dont leave IB without making a stop at Ola Mummy. It's more convenient that Skybank and the food is equally as good if not better too. Def Ola Mymmy and its at Ojurin/kogi side. Just by the railway thing. ask around that junction. you cant miss it. Try the Abula and Amala at Ola Mummy cheesy

Also try going to IIT around the ojo side. It's pretty cool but you need to know someone there first.

2 Likes

Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Marv650(m): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Egbagirl(f): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
OP, dont expect too much from IB. It's not like Lagos but it's cool as long as you have the right people around you. Old/New Bodija is one of the best places to stay and Jericho/Idishin side too. Check out the zoo in UI, the food at Spcies too (UI), Cultural Center Oh and um this joint, Ina straight too around cultural center. The Iyan and egusi is really good. Other people have mentioned the hangout joints: 411, dome etc.

Just drive around and explore. You never know what joint is hidden in a some neighbourhood that many people dont know about it. There are several of those in New Bodija and Old Bodija too that are very nice.

Foodco at Jericho is way better than the one at Old Bodija. O.Bdj is small, overstocked and messy but if it functions though. The foodco fast food isnt bad either. I prefer that to Tantilizers and Bigs
Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by Anvaller: 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
Interesting... Ibadan, thats my city but no one is mentioning Options 24/7 maybe it's fizzled out these days I don't know but it was a hotspot as far back as I used to rock it.
But this is my message to the OP. Forget about some poster's comparing Lagos and Ibadan. That's is not ur motive is it? Lagos vibe is Lagos vibe while Ibadan vibe is Ibadan vibe so it depends on what u want. The truth is this, u may find it a little bit boring if u really don't have a friend that would actually navigate u to where the fun is. U know it's a big city and the fun places are not concentrated on one area. If ur own sense of fun is "huzzle and buzzle" and some extreme "wild wild dang" well, I really can not guarantee if u would find it in IB. Just prepare urself for a cool not over the top kind of fun catching that is good enough for a normal appetite.

The people are more friendly and real (no fakers) but some Lagos ppl don't seem to like that, rather they would prefer to bully them as "local ppl" for just not pretending to be who and what they are not.

Let me tell you some don'ts in Ibadan
If u go for any reason to hardcore places where the pure indigenes are, pls don't speak english except if u are not Yoruba. U can only go away with it if u pretend to be an Ibo guy or something (but why would u do that?) Speak Yoruba to them and be polite, they would appreciate the fact that u are kind of enlightened and not arrogant and they will be nice to you.

I can say a lot of stuffs about IB but may be this is enough for you. Enjoy ur time in Ib.

2 Likes

Re: Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan by DaLover(m): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
ObamaUS: There is no difference between lagos and ibadan in terms of tourist attraction.As a matter of fact.The two cities are both dry

In the city of the blind, the one eyed man is automatically made the king...thats the story of Lagos and nigeria...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Nairalander Living In Serbia,bosnia-herzegovina Or Croatia? / Police Helicopter Crashes In Bauchi: AIB Opens Investigation / Emirates To Reduce Flights Frorn Dubai To Nigeria From 11 Per Week To 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.