Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

The Best ISP In Nigeria? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Best ISP In Nigeria? (36279 Views)

The Best ISP In Surulere Area, Lagos? / Swift The Best Isp In Nigeria? / Best Isp For Cyber Cafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by spora(m): 8:56am On Jul 27, 2007
@ pappiyyee and GTay

The ipNX. Are you talking of a facility that supports office environment (15 - 50 PCs) or just one PC service.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Tyne: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2007
Honestly, I would want to recommend Linkserve Limited to whoever believes in having the best. Lagos State Government awarded them the ISP of the year 2007, last month( I watched it on the TV) and I have been with them for quite some time now. No down times whatsoever.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by GTay(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2007
@ Spora. Yup, actually they have several payment plans and packages for family and corporate office use-Price varies, For connection to multiple users, the device simply connects to a switch or wifi router. From what i heard quite a large number of companies use this including banks, because of its ease of installation and the fact that it can be used in remote sites.

i hope this is useful.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by rotimikehinde(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2007
Check out their website! You can order yours!!

http://www.iwirelessng.net
Ciao

Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by solakbj(m): 10:52am On Jul 29, 2007
LINKSERVE IS PERFECT
they have the best services and the best customer service in town.
at #9800 per month you get 4 systems connected to a broadband internet connection

Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by ben2007: 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2007
As many people here have mentioned, I fully agree that DOPC is the best. I am using their VSAT service for my business centre. It is good. And now, I have taken their new WiMAX broadband which is also very good. Try a connection from DOPC, it'll be better as compared to others.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by pappiyye: 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
@spora. Just plug the ipNX device to a switch and dts it. it gives IP addresses to systems automatically and can support up to 20 systems.
What trips me most about the device is dat you just bring it out of the box and you are good to GO!!. Like "Odeeshi".
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by boladefuns: 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hi guys. I came to this page at the right time. I got fed up with my starcomms dial up and they said their Evdo signal is not in my area yet (gowon estate. egbeda). I just decided to buy mtn blackberry but not sure of the speed. Pls can someone advise me. I just need a fast internet speed.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by owinash(m): 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2007
well i will just say that you guys over there in lagos are even very lucky because overhere in the north what we get is totally frustration cos they claim to be providing a bandwidth of 256mb but it is as slow as a locomotive train well i am just checking out the accelon and the netcom and if they impressive then i will go for cos over we need i a resolution over these isp providers
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by goodman23: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2007
u can check www.newvital.com 4 your better isp office 2 tonade strt of anthony road ikeja .
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Lorenxo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2007
What is good is good,no need to be talking widely.
The best service provider is MTN GPRS.
It uses a ShacKpod(modem) whose speed is 912kbp.
I started using it after being terribly disappointed by the Starcomms EVDO which is Highly limited in scope even in Lagos.
I live in Sango Ota and my office is at Ikotun.The Starcom EVDO did not reach these two places despite the fact that I stated them in the form that I filled for the Starcom staff.When I grew annoied with the Toyin Street branch where I purchased it,They did not behave like civilised people tp me.They told me that I have to lose #16,667 to dump a product that did not work for one day in my locations.In fact it was a nightmarish experience that shows that these popular brands are articulated scammers.
I triede MTN and I have never stoped browsing for a single day.
With the mtn system,I had browsed at Abuja,Enugu,Calabar and Ibadan.It cost #19,500 for the modem and #13,500 monthly subscription.For corporate customers,monthly subscription is #12,000 and you can network up to 20 computers without extra charge.
Check the MTN office at 4,Aromire Street,Ikoyi,Lagos.You will never complain again.
I am not a staff of MTN,I only enjoy their services after a terrible experience with Starcom.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2007
How much do you pay for this 912kbps browsing speed? I'd like to switch if it turns out to be affordable.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by bigrovar(m): 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2007
this ipNX thing how can one get it and how much is it, ?cus in the end price is everything
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Leslexx: 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2007
@Lorenxo

Please Provide the phone number of this your MTN people they seems a good deal
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by VULCAN(m): 7:47am On Sep 11, 2007
@Lorenxo
I am using MTN sharkpod also
I am ok with it as I dont expect wonders in Nigeria as per internet connection
But It will NEVER get 912k/bits per second
My download speed right now is 27.44kbps
while my upload is 8.24kbps. I know it is a little slower than usual right now as its morning but that your figure is imaginary
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Saddam: 10:45am On Sep 11, 2007
IPNX Is Good From What I have experienced, I happened to have used it for like 2 weeks now,

Here is their Sales Representative Who Delivered Mine at my Doorstep.

08035751674--Ebere

Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Leslexx: 11:14am On Sep 11, 2007
@ Lorenxo & VULCAN

com'on guys. cant nobody provide the phone number of this MTN GPRS people since you both are using them. com'on guys help me out here.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by tjadeba(m): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2007
Hi ,
I use Nitel ADSL service and i must say im really impressed at the performance lately and the speed is bam, imaging for the past 3 weeks there was no downtime even for minutes, unlike the old days of incessant downtimes, something is sure happening with the ailing company.

Please can somebody give me a lead as to how i can contact NITEL representatives on this service.
Its reall urgent.Thanks
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by kamuzuB(m): 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2007
hi guys,

Want real wireless internet access in Onitsha and Lagos or Vsat connection wherever you stay in Nigeria, check out the attached[b]TFnet wireless and vsat pricing [/b].
On enquiry, you can get the contact of existing clients in your area for assessment.

TFnet Head of Business Development

Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by kamuzuB(m): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2007
Dear all,

Please find attached TFnet KU BAND and C band Pricing

Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Saddam: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2007
I actually ran a speedtest and attached is the result,

Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by GTay(m): 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2007
I have said it in my previous post,

ipNXs broadband solution is the best in the market for now !!! Full stop

Any one who wants to argue should bring it on!, I dont want to disclose my speed results here cos who knows, i culd be trimmed down crylol

@ saddam, have u tried the voice?

We could call each other toll free.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by bigspif(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2007
tjadeba:

Please can somebody give me a lead as to how i can contact NITEL representatives on this service.
Its reall urgent.Thanks

@ poster i think there is this guy called Mark but he's in Abuja he can give you details on the true picture of ADSL/broadband services on 09-5245038, 5245148
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by toba1909(m): 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2007
Somebody mention GS Telecoms and none of you comment about them,GS telecoms now Gateway Telecomms is the best ISP in Nigeria.They provide service to Central Bank Of Nigeria,UBA (Nig & Ghana),Zenith Banks,Bank PHB,GUINNESS,NLNG,TOTAL,DHL,T&E,Starcomms,MTN,CELTEL to mention few.Though the bandwidth is expensive,but you'll enjoy what you pay for.

Contact me on +2348035707165
Gateway Telecommunications
Ikeja Teleport
1,Billingsway Road(Inside T&E) Oregun Ikeja

OR

3A, Aja Nwachukwu Close,Off Bourdillon Ikoyi Lagos
Tel +234 1 461 0700
visit www.gatewaycomms.com
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by VULCAN(m): 1:50am On Sep 13, 2007
@leslexx
u dont need any number. mtn is everywhere.walk in2 any of their major friendship centres with your nepa bill,ID and bank statement and 35k and thats it.
34k(20k-sharkpod,13,500 monthly rental and N380 simcard)
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Leslexx: 8:20am On Sep 13, 2007
@Vulcan

currently i'm still in the UK and was hoping to speak to them b4 arriving Nigeria. thats why i need the number to speak to them to find out what they are offering.

spoke to VGC Comms and they gave me a price quote already as follows:

INSTALLATION COST: 60,000 naira
MONTHLY RECURRENT COST,
64Kbps/64Kbps 40,000 naira
64 Kbps /128 Kbps 60,000 naira
128 Kbps/128 Kbps 80,000 naira

Erm, can anyone with experience tell me if their cheapest option of 64Kbps/64Kbps is any good to run a 7 computer office?
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2007
gush, nigeria still dey suffer ohhh. that price for a 64kbps speed. shocked
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Chidiebere(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2007
Has anybody here used the new MTN Sharkpod i.e their Internet GSM package?
I would like to know how efficient it is.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by nancyekpoh(f): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2007
I can't help but say I'm really tired of the ISP's I've been coming across in Nigeria but am willing to get a change of opinion.

i wouldn't know if you've come across any really good ISP in Nigeria. I wouldn't mind page-links, price quotes for Equipment and bandwidth subscription.

Thanks.

Where are u in Nigeria?
If u are in Port Harcourt, i will advice u to Try PETSOW COMMUNICATION and see the different
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by jaydifox(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2007
has any heard of Ariave, based in Israel,a friend has used them for his cafe in Uyo(over 60systems with 3 voice point) and they have been tight all dis while.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Paulash(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2007
Hi Guys,
Has anyone tried the GloDirect Unlimited with PCMCIA data card? I am considering geting this or MTN. Which one is better. Also can I use a phone as modem intead of the Glo data card? Getting a home internet connection in this part of Delta state (Agbor) is HARD.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by pappiyye: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2007
Bigrovar just call 01-7612331-3 for more info on the iwireless broadband powered by ipNX.
As for GTay, I can not agree with you more. My enter family is addicted to this ipNX thing.
even my neighbors. The speed is like magic. To put it simply, I have never seen anytin like this ipNX solution in Nigeria.
Cheers!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer? / USA Used HP Elite Book 840 G3 Core I5 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.