Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,216 members, 7,860,369 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea (2013 Views)

La Palma: Lava From Cumbre Vieja Pours Into Atlantic Ocean ( Pix, Video) / La Palma: 'World’s Luckiest House’ Miraculously Stands Alone (Pictures, Video) / La Palma – Families Given 1hr To Escape Before Toxic Gas Bomb Explodes(Pix,vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2021
Was the first to post about this Island's unusual Volcanic activity long before there was an actual eruption.

The problem with La Palma is not the sustained and unusual long streak of eruptions (that on its own is a record as the eruptions have continued now for over 3weeks) rather the main issue is the fact that the Island has no solid bedrock and is composed mainly of ash and molten magma.

The volcanic eruptions are a sign that the Island is being loosened like the way you unwound a thread connecting two pieces of fabric.

Latest data shows deep geological activity extending as far deep as 35km! For reference, the earth's crust varies as low as 5km to as deep as 70Km across the globe.

This Island is about to tear into two sending well over 20 cubic kilometers of debris into the adjourning seas.

Scientists observing the Island have now come to the conclusion that it isn't if but when this will happen.
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
Sulfur plume released by La Palma

https://www.windy.com/-Show---add-more-layers/overlays?tcso2,22.999,24.521,4

Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
When this Island eventually tears into two and slides into the ocean, you have approximately 5-7hrs to evacuate coastal areas of Lagos especially Lekki which will experience 10m waves.

This volcano won’t erupt!

Okay it’s erupting but it won’t cause a tsunami

okay it might cause a tsunami but it’s not a mantle plume

okay it might be a mantle plume but it won’t cause a flood basalt

(You are here)

okay it might cause a flood basalt but it won’t cause an extinction level event

okay it might cause and extinction level event but humans will survive

okay humans might not survive

2 Likes

Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by AfonjaConehead: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mommie o!!
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
A huge burst of energy from the Sun (Corrona Mass Emission) was recorded today.

The CME is what is frying our Core and splitting La Palma into two.

Its going to get worse because Scientists are predicting more massive emissions from our Sun.

Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by Zenithh: 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
What do you suggest? Should we Lekki inhabitants start evacuation from our houses. Abeg talk o

No be my house molten magma go enter

4 Likes

Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by harmless011: 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
Zenithh:
What do you suggest? Should we Lekki inhabitants start evacuation from our houses. Abeg talk o

LOL, You can do better in the comedy world.
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
Zenithh:

Not magma but a 10ft wall of sea water is heading your way when (and not if) this Island slides into the sea.

Lekki is even safe compared to adjounrning west Sahara that will see 300m waves that will extend up to 50km inland of the Sahara and create a mini sea.

2 Likes

Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by TruthOverFacts: 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
Another Pompeii in the offing! Wooww. Respects to nature!

2 Likes

Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by ruggedtimi(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:
Was the first to post about this Island's unusual Volcanic activity long before there was an actual eruption.

The problem with La Palma is not the sustained and unusual long streak of eruptions (that on its own is a record as the eruptions have continued now for over 3weeks) rather the main issue is the fact that the Island has no solid bedrock and is composed mainly of ash and molten magma.

The volcanic eruptions are a sign that the Island is being loosened like the way you unwound a thread connecting two pieces of fabric.

Latest data shows deep geological activity extending as far deep as 35km! For reference, the earth's crust varies as low as 5km to as deep as 70Km across the globe.

This Island is about to tear into two sending well over 20 cubic kilometers of debris into the adjourning seas.

Scientists observing the Island have now come to the conclusion that it isn't if but when this will happen.

when ever I read news about the la Palma your previous thread comes to mind.
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by ChiefJusticeFuc: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
ruggedtimi:

And one mod banned me and deleted the thread.
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by Abeos(m): 1:27am On Oct 10, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Nawa o. For what reason
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by Coldplay007(f): 5:39am On Oct 10, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Do you sense what is coming too, or you are just a Geology enthusiast?
Kindly send materials from that old thread to me... i must have missed it
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by Zenithh: 8:01am On Oct 10, 2021
harmless011:

LOL, You can do better in the comedy world.
Meaning? angry
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by Zenithh: 8:02am On Oct 10, 2021
ruggedtimi:

Pls tag me to d previous thread
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by LibertyRep: 9:49am On Oct 10, 2021
The authorities in Nigeria should be taking measures now ahead of the impending wave.

This is like a forewarn.
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by kollinz1234(m): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2021
Biafra is landlocked, soon all those whose land is not landlocked will be running to Biafra land for shelter; from the encroaching Sahara desert in the north, to the expansion of the Atlantic ocean in the west, people will come to the land of the rising sun to seek shelter
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by ChiefJusticeFuc: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by ChiefJusticeFuc: 10:22am On Oct 10, 2021
Are Flood Basalts Responsible for Mass Extinctions?

Yes!

Is the Mantle a Serial Killer?

Yes!

What is the Kill Mechanism?
FLOOD BASALT

''Civilization lives by geological consent, subject to change without notice'' - Will Durant, 1946

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by pacino26(m): 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
I must commend your research into the geologic history of the island. Before I can comment further I'll do some extra reading on my own too. Your assertions are a matter of when not if, I want to believe NEMA and NGS are closely monitoring the situation with data and not through CNN.
Re: Any Moment Now. La Palma Island Will Slide Into The Sea by leofab(f): 11:01pm On Oct 14, 2021
Science will fix it

(1) (Reply)

Breaking - Putin Reveals He’s ‘drastically’ WITHDRAWING Troops From Kyiv / 10 Failed Promises Donald Trump Promised To Do On 1st Day / The Sudanese Army Begins To Take Control Of Khartoum. And Hemedti Escapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.