Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? (10695 Views)

I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man / How Do I Love The Child As Mine / Is It Right To Have A Favourite Child As A Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 10, 2021
What does having both parents or a single parent do in the life of a child while growing up?

Is it important for a child to be raised under the care, nurturing and supervision of both parents?

Do single baby mummies and daddies have issues with this in the long run?

Pls I need sincere answers. Thanks
Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Davash222(m): 8:43am On Oct 10, 2021
A boy child raised by a single bittered and littered woman will have to fall back to the street to realign his orientation as a man else he becomes a menace and nuisance to the society.

It's very risky to solely allow a bittered woman raise your child.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:45am On Oct 10, 2021
lipsrsealed
Regardless of the advantages and the disadvantages,no child deserves to be a victim of it..... Personally, I'm speaking from experience prior to my mom's death, leaving my popsman to raise my younger brother and I alone...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Blackdeewhy(m): 9:00am On Oct 10, 2021
Based on my experience.
Single parenting is traumatizing, physically, emotionally, financially and psychologically.
The effect is not so much on the child/ children if the parenting patent is FINANCIALLY STABLE.
The child/ children do better generally because they know the effort and sacrifices their SINGLE parent is making for them and chances are they do better.
But in all, I wish nobody have to go through SINGLE PARENTING. God forgive me, one of the reason I never blame or curse ANYONE who gave up their child/ children.
The society we are too doesn't make it easy on them.
Peace...

35 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 10, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Regardless of the advantages and the disadvantages,no child deserves to be a victim of it..... Personally, I'm speaking from experience prior to my mom's death, leaving my popsman to raise my younger brother and I alone...

interesting
Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Shellsploit: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2021
Marriage this days sef... shocked
Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Kobicove(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2021
Single parenthood homes are now a reality for this present generation...the earlier people accept this fact the better! undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by TheUndercover: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2021
The effects are much and it goes both ways. If it's a child raised by a single dad, for example, a girl, she might lack the ability to exhibit her femininity. Such girls have a high risk of becoming masculine, because of no woman she can emulate her behaviour from. This is why the attention of both parents is needed to raise children.

If it's a male child raised by a single mother, the child has a higher chance of becoming effeminate due to the lack of masculine presense. The child doesn't know what it takes to be a man and tend to exhibit feminine behaviour.

The presense of both parents cannot be overemphasized, but the trend of this current generation is nothing to write home about. By a strong masculine presense and a submissive feminine presence, the children will truly grow to understand their nature and what's needed for them to do and how to act in order for them to grow in life. Single parenting can be stressful and can also lead to emotional damage in children.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by freeman95(m): 9:30am On Oct 10, 2021
There’s no advantage

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by debbydams(f): 9:30am On Oct 10, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

u are right cry

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Vision4God: 9:30am On Oct 10, 2021
Some kids whose parents are not divorced are living like fatherless/motherless children.

For me: every parent should be deliberate, determined about parenting.

If the mother is stronger, she should stand d gap, same for the father, or both should which is the ideal
But
Life circumstances may not give everyone this chance

Running a home require SACRIFICE! SACRIFICE!! SACRIFICE!!!
Look beyond your circumstances and be there for your family. Family is a gift.

11 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by debbydams(f): 9:31am On Oct 10, 2021
freeman95:
There’s no advantage
at all

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by gambia(m): 9:31am On Oct 10, 2021
It's not the best,though there are circumstances behind some scenarios, my cousin lost her husband at a very young age and she has been taking care of their three kids all alone.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Vanpascore(m): 9:31am On Oct 10, 2021
Talking from experience, it has no advantage. God bless all hard working and caring single mums. If they tell you their stories, mouths won't close again.

But being a single parent is better than staying in a troubled and violence marriage.

17 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by femi4: 9:31am On Oct 10, 2021
BadRadio:
What does having both parents or a single parent do in the life of a child while growing up?

Is it important for a child to be raised under the care, nurturing and supervision of both parents?

Do single baby mummies and daddies have issues with this in the long run?

Pls I need sincere answers. Thanks
No advantage

Disadvantages
Lack of understanding of his/partner later in life.

2. Not seeing anything wrong in divorce

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by 9jayes: 9:31am On Oct 10, 2021
According to a popular nairaland quote “never marry a lady raised by a single(divorced) woman”

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by DissTroy(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2021
I can't think of any which isn't outweighed positively by co-parenting under the same roof.

Babymama or whatever you call it, you should be deliberate about who you impregnate as a man. If you don't see both of you long-term, don't create life together.

Except in a few cases, children of broken homes or single parents (especially ones who are bitterly at war) end up dysfunctional.

I understand cases of abuse where both partners have to split but the children would suffer for it.

You as a father might end up being hated for life. Kids tend to forget a woman can be a great mother but a bad wife/partner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by sylve11: 9:32am On Oct 10, 2021
No advantage at all. cool

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by 69Ansour69: 9:32am On Oct 10, 2021
Sh!t ain't easy
Davash222:
A boy child raised by a single bittered and littered woman will have to fall back to the street to realign his orientation as a man else he becomes a menace and nuisance to the society.

It's very risky to solely allow a bittered woman raise your child.

No lies, Bruv! You've just nailed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by adesegun121(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2021
Ok
Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by dododawa1: 9:33am On Oct 10, 2021
God grace comes in first and others follow.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 10, 2021
A non-toxic single parent home is 100 times way better than a toxic home of two parents where they are always fighting, cursing out each other.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by posty56: 9:33am On Oct 10, 2021
Blackdeewhy:
Based on my experience.
Single parenting is traumatizing, physically, emotionally, financially and psychologically.
The effect is not so much on the child/ children if the parenting patent is FINANCIALLY STABLE.
The child/ children do better generally because they know the effort and sacrifices their SINGLE parent is making for them and chances are they do better.
But in all, I wish nobody have to go through SINGLE PARENTING. God forgive me, one of the reason I never blame or curse ANYONE who gave up their child/ children.
Peace...
na if you no get money na
Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Baamivic: 9:36am On Oct 10, 2021
No any advantage and you have work to do if you marry any one raising by single parent. Pls let’s manage our marriage

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Kokaine(m): 9:37am On Oct 10, 2021
Blackdeewhy:
Based on my experience.
Peace...
that's why we should try to hold on to our spouses and avoid divorce. Its tough. But both gender should play its role. The woman should respect the man and the man should honor her and treat her very well.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 10, 2021
It is important to have both parents raise a child to give the child a balanced view of the world.

The impact of the parental energy of the feminine gender is different and complementary to the effects of the parental energy of the masculine gender on the psyche of the child both male and female.

Children who grow up in single parent homes who see their friends with both parents will definitely feel inadequate.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Dliquidmetal(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2021
The disadvantages outweighs the advantages.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Cousin9999: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2021
They say it takes a village to raise a child. I say that's pretty accurate. A child needs both parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts, siblings, cousins, neighbors, and other people to support them and nurture them into the best version of themselves.

It's just irresponsible and kind of ignorant to have kids without a spouse.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2021
No advantages if you ask me.
I've been so observant towards kids/people with one parent, there is something inherently wrong with their behavior, I can't tell what it is.
In raising a child love has to come from both parents in other to raise a sane person. I have friends raised by a single parent but there's absolutely nothing to learn from them especially the female gender no hard feelings!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by seunny4lif(m): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2021
Well, me and my brothers were raised by a single mother.
But it’s not easy to raise a child on your own talk-less of raising 3 boys.

Most Nigeria’s father abandoned their children when school fees time don reach.
Most family ass is been covered by the mother but the father take all credits.

One is a nurse to be
One is a doctor to be
And me I like my IT cool
It’s not easy oooh to raise a child by two people talkless of one person doing it.

12 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? by pegix(m): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2021
Abeg make una stop this habit of single parent

E no easy

Thank God for my mama....5 kids. No easy o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Four-Year-Old Survives Three-Story Building Fall And Landed On His Feet / What Are The Procedures And Processes For Adopting A Child / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.