Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man (14387 Views)

How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? / Single Man Throws Himself A Baby Shower As He Awaits The Birth Of His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by tasalanoni(m): 2:19pm On Jan 02
Nl folks, pls your opinions are needed.
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by phorget(m): 2:27pm On Jan 02
Hmmmmmm,
Why not simply get yourself a babymama?

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by dawnomike(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02
tasalanoni:
Nl folks, pls your opinions are needed.
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

It is a good idea provided you will not discriminate against the child in the future when you change your mind on having your own biological kids.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by TimiRume(f): 2:40pm On Jan 02
What you are looking for is companionship not a progeny(you just don't know what it is yet) Yes you are aware of a gap but you are mistaking it for something else.

If you dig deeper, you will see a crave for a female partner. And when you dig even further down the root, you will see something unclear, undefined, impossible to grasp by you but if light should prick your heart, you will see your creator's arms wide opened.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02
phorget:
Hmmmmmm,
Rephrase your delusional statement.
You should say " get a surrogate mother"
Baby mamas are ladies who dated a man and had kids for them,but they broke up due to one reason or another.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by phorget(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02
Onyiiobi7735:

Rephrase your delusional statement.
You should say " get a surrogate mother"
Baby mamas are ladies who dated a man and had kids for them,but they broke up due to one reason or another.

You are busy blowing grammar but I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by tasalanoni(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02
dawnomike:
It is a good idea provided you will not discriminate against the child in the future when you change your mind on having your own biological kids.
That's completely out of the picture.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by tasalanoni(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02
phorget:
Hmmmmmm,
The idea of a babymama sounds somewhat immoral, deceitful and wicked to me. I believe that if a lady is good enough to produce a child for you, she should also be good enough to be brought close as a wife rather than a mere baby making machine

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by phorget(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02
tasalanoni:

The idea of a babymama sounds somewhat immoral, deceitful and wicked to me. I believe that if a lady is good enough to produce a child for you, she should also be good enough to be brought close as a wife rather than a mere baby making machine

Some ladies cant subject themselves to live under any man but they'll appreciate having a child and cater for the child even without the mans support.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by princemillla(m): 5:03pm On Jan 02
Make sure you think it thru proper.
among the existence God love the most are orphans.
Make sure you av all in place to make the child's comfortable. Also make a vow to ur self upon having ur own family, there won't b discrimination.

Good luck

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02
phorget:

You are busy blowing grammar but I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Of course I know what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Mindlog: 8:08pm On Jan 02
"I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them".....You are not family oriented and you still want to raise a child not biologically yours?

In a system where social service truly works and scrutiny is properly done......you will not qualify to adopt a child because you don't have the capacity to, outside money.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Jan 02
tasalanoni:
Nb: As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine. Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.
I would not recommend you adopt any child into your situation. lipsrsealed

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Uyi168: 9:24pm On Jan 02
phorget:
Hmmmmmm,
did he tell you he was looking for a babymama?

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by phorget(m): 10:16pm On Jan 02
Uyi168:
did he tell you he was looking for a babymama?

He should have simply gone for adoption rather than seeking our validation.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Nice2023(m): 8:29am On Jan 03
Go for anything u want pls...but don't come back to regret it pls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Kingrshd3: 9:04am On Jan 03
Mindlog:
"I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them".....You are not family oriented and you still want to raise a child not biologically yours?

In a system where social service truly works and scrutiny is properly done......you will not qualify to adopt a child because you don't have the capacity to, outside money.

He is just confused and don't know d next step to take

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Mindlog: 9:37am On Jan 03
phorget:

He should have simply gone for adoption rather than seeking our validation.

If proper scrutiny is done, he would not qualify for adoption.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by descarado: 10:34am On Jan 03
One lady broke his heart.
Kpele.
Give it time, you will heal and try again.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Proserpina: 12:08pm On Jan 03

17 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by GanagiBitrus: 12:45pm On Jan 03
I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.
When you are no more, you cease to exist & you lose all feelings & consciousness. So why would you be bothered about when you are no more? smiley

Do whatever makes you happy while alive, & leave a legacy that will positively impact humanity.

&for a Christian, aim to make heaven. smiley

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by fineboynl(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03
Nice one, the best is to get a girl pregnant. If in future you change your mind you can still marry her.

Many people I know that got married they either got a girl pregnant or they got married for materials gains.

Many didn't wake up one morning And think about marring or to settle down.

Something happened that warrant it.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by slaawomirr: 12:45pm On Jan 03
Damnnn niggar

That thing called marriage is not for me

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by money121(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03
Ok
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by fergie001: 12:46pm On Jan 03
Once gave this some thoughts.......
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by jumokeadele(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03
nice idea

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Judolisco(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03
Nice one boss.. God bless you... Adopt a kid and take good care of d kid... Adoption is something people shy away from most of the time especially in Nigeria... I wonder why

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by wittyt98(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03
undecided

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03
Why not impregnate a woman and then pay her off after childbirth

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by G00dharddick: 12:46pm On Jan 03
Ain't no fan of marriage

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Zyxsc: 12:47pm On Jan 03
Wise man
For men, marriage na setup (in my own opinion)

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: At What Age Should Kids Stop Playing Naked With Their Parents? / How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? / What Can You Do With 5k Within 28days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.