Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help (2284 Views)

Fingerprint Authentication In Vb.net Application / How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help by Aliyasimam: 1:15pm On May 31, 2011
Please guys i need your help i developed software in vb.net that uses access 2003 as its back end database, but i always encountered problem after deployment as the programme cant communicate with database. What i want to know specifically is that how to deploy applications with access database in vb.net, and how to include .Net framework, to that when installating the application the installer can install .Net framework together with the application.

Thanks
Re: Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help by Afritelly: 1:47pm On May 31, 2011
Use innosetup for deploying your applications. Go through it and if you have problem then I will help you.

Info:
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

DownloadLink:
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdl.php

FAQ:
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isfaq.php
Re: Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help by TRed: 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
best
Re: Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help by boogie2: 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2011
T.Red Ur advice is quite wrong.i dont think that is the best practice because if you hard code the database part into your software the target computer(ie the computer you are installing the software into) might not store the file in the same location.

What i do most times is either i put the access database in the C drive (ie C:\access.mdb ) and code it that way or you use code that automaticall seach for your database file wherever it is. for example

Dim STrPath = System.IO.Directory.GetCurrentDirectory & "\access.mdb"
Hpe it helps.
Re: Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help by dellnet: 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2011
I would suggest using Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 and setting a path. This is the simplest. However, put the access database in the same path as your application start up path.
Re: Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help by TRed: 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
With
Re: Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help by ABAboi: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
With my 5yrs experience working with VB.NET, i can tell you that boogie_1's advise is the best so far. You can either use the default application startup path or a designated folder to copy your database.
You can check if .NET framework is available by going to Projects-->Properties-->>Publish-->> Prerequisites, Then select what ever u need to be present before your program can be installed, Goodluck

(1) (Reply)

[News] Mark Zuckerberg’s Sister Is Now A Google Employee / Why Does Anyone Never Talk About Front End Web Dev Or UX/UI Design Here / Some SEO Interview Questions And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.