Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Please Advise Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advise Me (2507 Views)

My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hello, I need your advice on this situation.

I currently stay in a 3 bedroom apartment in Ogudu, and work in Ikoyi axis. My current rent is 1m and the landlord is about to increase it to 1.2m from next year.

However, I just deposited 30% payment for a 3 bedroom flat Sangotedo and the owner said I can move in while I spread the balance.

My concern is, I want to relocate to the new apartment in Sangotedo but the traffic going to work borders me. Is it better to rent it out? How is security and light in Sangotedo axis?

I am really confused on what to do as my current rent is coming to an end.

Please I need your suggestions.
Re: Please Advise Me by olamidedivotee(f): 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
I read everything you wrote, and I understand you very well, what I will advise you to do is to check the next comment.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me by ahnie: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ok.

Please check the next comment below mine

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me by yomi007k(m): 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
You have the following options;

1. Pay N.1.2 millon for the 3BR in Ogudu.

2. Move to Sangotedo and readjust your life with the traffic situation.

3. Move to a cheaper apartment type e.g 1 BR,2BR.

4. Make more money.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me by Kajaard: 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
BornToSucced:

I currently stay in a 3 bedroom apartment in Ogudu, and work in Ikoyi axis. My current rent is 1m and the landlord is about to increase it to 1.2m from next year.

However, I just deposited 30% payment for a 3 bedroom flat Sangotedo and the owner said I can move in while I spread the balance.

My concern is, I want to relocate to the new apartment in Sangotedo but the traffic going to work borders me. Is it better to rent it out? How is security and light in Sangotedo axis?

You want to live in Sangotedo and continue your work in Ikoyi? I laugh in swahili. I hope you are ready for the stress from traffic and the ill health both physically and mentally that will occur?

You better renew your Ogudu rent or look for a cheaper accommodation on the mainland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise Me by Biglittlelois(f): 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Must you live in a 3 bedroom flat if you are not a married man with kids?

There are cheaper houses at Lekki for a room and parlour, go for it.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
yomi007k:
You have the following options;

1. Pay N.1.2 millon for the 3BR in Ogudu.

2. Move to Sangotedo and readjust your life with the traffic situation.

3. Move to a cheaper apartment type in Ogudu e.g 1 BR,2BR.

4. Make more money.

Many thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Must you live in a 3 bedroom flat if you are not a married man with kids?

There are cheaper houses at Lekki for a room and parlour, go for it.
Thanks Ma. I appreciate
Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kajaard:

You want to live in Sangotedo and continue your work in Ikoyi? I laugh in swahili. I hope you are ready for the stress from traffic and the ill health both physically and mentally that will occur?

You better renew your Ogudu rent or look for a cheaper accommodation on the mainland.

Many thanks. The traffic has been my major concern.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
From lekki to Ajah under bridge is 2hour journey nowadays. Not to talk of Ikoyi to Sangotedo.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
BornToSucced:

You didn't bother to check this before you rented a place in the area? undecided
Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You didn't bother to check this before you rented a place in the area? undecided

I didn’t rent, I bought a flat there.
Re: Please Advise Me by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
BornToSucced:
I didn’t rent, I bought a flat there.
You bought a flat without checking the area to know if it is suitable for you? undecided

Well, I don't know what to say. I typically don't buy things without doing thorough investigation of my own is what. undecided
Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
More suggestions please
Re: Please Advise Me by frozen70(f): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
BornToSucced:

If you are ready to leave home by 4am daily, including the risk, and you will save some money from the rent in sango
Calculate all together. If you are not saving up to 200k by relocating to Sango.
Just remain in Ogudu and look for houses around the neighborhoods

Living in a cheap house or area, paying more on transport is not a good idea

Besides, you didn't mention if you are a family man with children or not
Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
frozen70:

If you are ready to leave home by 4am daily, including the risk, and you will save some money from the rent in sango
Calculate all together. If you are not saving up to 200k by relocating to Sango.
Just remain in Ogudu and look for houses around the neighborhoods

Living in a cheap house or area, paying more on transport is not a good idea

Besides, you didn't mention if you are a family man with children or not

Thanks. I am not married.

The reason I want to move to Sangotedo is that, I took a loan to buy the 2 units of 3 bedroom apartment and I want to reduce my expense on rent by moving into the apartment. Beside, the estate is a good estate with Mobile Police security and I drive too.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by Klass99(f): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by Assumptabeke(f): 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
You work in Ikoyi and you want to reside in Sangotedo?....Why not move to areas like Sabo Alagomeji, Yaba or even Onike. Transport will be cheaper and you're less likely to experience traffic on your way to and back from the office. You can even get a 2/3 bedroom apartment within your rent budget.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2021
Klass99:

I just saw your last post where you said you bought the house first of all congratulations, secondly pls move into your house and weather the storm of traffic.

If you time your exit right, from your house and the office traffic won't be so brutal. Better still park your car one side and start joining the staff bus to minimize the wear and tear on your body (if your office offers that perk and you don't mind)

The people living there haven't quenched yet grin, but traffic on the Lekki - Ajah axis (from Chevron downwards) is unusually heavy because of the road construction by LASG.

Thanks dear. Your response is motivating.

Yes, the road construction is causing heavy traffic. Do you reside along that axis?

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by Klass99(f): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by cococandy(f): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
Threads like this tickle me because I’m mentally trying to imagine what the distance is, this one everybody is shaking head for you.

OP I want to ask why didn’t you purchase the apartment in an area closer to your job but I suppose I already know what the answer is.

Anyway congratulations and good luck.

Consider that you would need to be paying back the loan on the apartment while also paying rent if you choose to live somewhere else. Look at your finances and decide accordingly.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me by bukatyne(f): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
BornToSucced:

1. Why do you have a three bedroom apartment as a single man?

2. If traffic is/was a concern, you wouldn't think of relocating to Sangotedo; that's frying pan to fire.

3. I rather buy a house to live in or resell than rent. Except you want it as a steady income for life. If you want to rent the Sangotedo house, then negotiate with your landlord or more to a room and parlour (more advised).

4. If you want to do Sangotedo, then get ready for the serious traffic to & fro, the wear & tear on your body and car, quality of life, productivity etc.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by AutoChick4U(f): 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
BornToSucced:

Thanks dear. Your response is motivating.

Yes, the road construction is causing heavy traffic. Do you reside along that axis?
That journey and stress aint worth it cos y'all definitely shorten your life span. You can get a cheaper accommodation close to ur workplace and simply rent out d house in sango at least its a good investment.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by Klass99(f): 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
smiley

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
Klass99:

Yes, but not Sangotedo precisely. Before Sangotedo
Okay. I now have one neighbour grin grin
Re: Please Advise Me by bukatyne(f): 6:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
BornToSucced:

Okay. I now have one neighbour grin grin

You both would be hi fiving in traffic cheesy grin

With time, you will be used to it.
Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2021
cococandy:
Threads like this tickle me because I’m mentally trying to imagine what the distance is, this one everybody is shaking head for you.

OP I want to ask why didn’t you purchase the apartment in an area closer to your job but I suppose I already know what the answer is.

Anyway congratulations and good luck.

Consider that you would need to be paying back the loan on the apartment while also paying rent if you choose to live somewhere else. Look at your finances and decide accordingly.

Thank you. I am happy you know the bolded.

Your last point is why I am strategizing to reduce my rent expense.

For those that ask why I didn't get an apartment closer to my workplace, I just couldn't afford it at this time. I am a start up angry
Re: Please Advise Me by bukatyne(f): 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
Klass99:

Lol, I don't know why folks are even shaking head for him. Traffic has become a "normal" way and part of life in this city. It's a given!

Like him, I don't live close to my office but mehn I love where I live to pieces. My colleagues keep suggesting I move closer to our office for traffic reasons. I tell them power and water is 24/7 where I live amongst other nice things, I won't give it up for this job.

Moreover, when you see really nice/decent accommodations with the facilities I currently enjoy, the price is cut throat and for expatriates, baby girl cannot deal o!

I often decline hangout invites because I like going home to my crib after work. Ask me wetin I dey rush house go do? Nothing o, other than to turn on my TV and AC to relax after a warm shower. grin

Born2Succeed, if you like your new crib and you are feeling it in your soul (like I do mine) move and forget the traffic.

@bold:

Very true though.

What you get in proximity to the office, you lose in facilities and amenities with ridiculous prices.

God help us in Lagos o! grin
Re: Please Advise Me by bukatyne(f): 6:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
BornToSucced:

Thank you. I am happy you know the bolded.

Your last point is why I am strategizing to reduce my rent expense.

For those that ask why I didn't get an apartment closer to my workplace, I just couldn't afford it at this time. I am a start up >:(

But you can get a smaller apartment cheaper than your current rent.

Except you use all three rooms?
Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
bukatyne:

1. Why do you have a three bedroom apartment as a single man? That's what I need for myself and the fact that I hope to settle down soon.

2. If traffic is/was a concern, you wouldn't think of relocating to Sangotedo; that's frying pan to fire. I know.

3. I rather buy a house to live in or resell than rent. Except you want it as a steady income for life. If you want to rent the Sangotedo house, then negotiate with your landlord or more to a room and parlour (more advised). Thanks.

4. If you want to do Sangotedo, then get ready for the serious traffic to & fro, the wear & tear on your body and car, quality of life, productivity etc. You scared me. I will look into this before making a final decision.

Goodluck.
Re: Please Advise Me by BornToSucced(m): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
bukatyne:

But you can get a smaller apartment cheaper than your current rent.

Except you use all three rooms?

I can't find a cheaper apartment where I currently live. I think my current apartment is even cheaper compared to other compound in the area.

I use the 3 rooms.........
Re: Please Advise Me by bukatyne(f): 6:46pm On Oct 20, 2021
BornToSucced:

I can't find a cheaper apartment where I currently live. I think my current apartment is even cheaper compared to other compound in the area.

I use the 3 rooms.........

Brother mi, hi-five pelu klass ninu traffic lo sure ju cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ok / Am Single And Searching, ‘’ The World Will Soon End” / Am I Being Tight Or Stingy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.