Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,516 members, 7,850,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:53 AM

'Demotion' Is The Key To Promotion In God's Kingdom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Demotion' Is The Key To Promotion In God's Kingdom (172 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Will Never Accept To Be President Of Nigeria, It's Demotion / Do Homosexuals Have A Place In God's Kingdom? / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Demotion' Is The Key To Promotion In God's Kingdom by KaideeGee(m): 8:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
We are here again in your presence Heavenly Father, please speak to us teach us, reveal yourself to us and inspire is, take control now and forever.
Cleanse us and make us receptive to your word. Glorify yourself by making us practice your word. Amen.

Philippians 2:3
[3]Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

'Demotion' is the key to 'Promotion' in God's Kingdom.

Jesus said that the greatest in God's Kingdom is the one who serves others most.
Pride, in any of it's incarnations is one of the things God hates the most in a person.
Lucifer is a very lucid example.
The word says God resists the proud. To resist is to act in opposition. He also says, He gives grace to the humble. Grace is unmerited favor, something you don't deserve, and of course in the world we are in, without God's grace, it is impossible to thrive as a follower of Christ.

Philippians 2:5-11
[5]Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
[6]who, being in the form of God, [/b]did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
[7][b]but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, [/b]and coming in the likeness of men.
[8]And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
[9][b]Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,

[10]that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
[11]and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I like to think of the Kingdom of God as a catapult or a bow and arrow. The further back your draw your arrow the farther forward it travels. And of course to anyone who has any experience, you will notice that the length the store travels is not equal to the length it was drawn backward. Exactly so in God's Kingdom, God never blesses in equality to our work, it may be proportional, but never equal, afterall He is God, not man.
I pray God to give us the strength to follow this principle.
Peace...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Single? (part 2) / Endurance In Challenges / Gun In The Dream. The Real Meaning Of The Guns You See In Your Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.