Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,563 members, 7,837,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Why Am I Single? (part 2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Am I Single? (part 2) (162 Views)

Why Am I Still Single? (part 5) / Why Am I Still Single? (part 4) / Why Am I Still Single? (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Single? (part 2) by toyinaremu(f): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2021
In the previous post, I mentioned two of the reasons I believe some people are still single.

Please journey with God through me as we follow this series. Missed the first one? No problem, Check my timeline.

So, we continue today...

3. Your expectations are too high

I'm not saying you shouldn't aim high but should be moderate and realistic.

"I am a medical doctor, I cannot marry a man/woman lesser than that, how can I as a lawyer belittle my status and marry an unlearned person (since lawyers say they are the learned people)". I am a Bsc holder, HND holder cannot be my spouse! You are simply extending your waiting period especially if that HND holder is the right person for you.

You're there looking for a professional while God is calling you to marry those you tagged less professional. Some of you just want these classes because you want to be perceived in certain ways.

Because a particular set of twins or sisters married same day, you said yours must be that way too. Run and own your own race.

4. You’re shallow

I'm sorry, but permit me to use the word 'shallow'. This is different from having high standards. In this context, being shallow means you’re willing to give certain persons your time if they can offer you something in exchange. You're not talking about unconditional love and support but fancy dinners, fabulous trips, designer bags, and other superficial trappings that are exciting, but don’t lay the groundwork for a strong, meaningful relationship.

If the only thing you think of for a partner is someone who can shower you with expensive stuff, you’re not thinking like a wife, you’re thinking like a teenage girl and men of character do not want to marry teenagers because teenage girls are not fit for marriage.

If the only thing you think of for a partner is someone who will cook and take care of the house for you, then you are still a boy who needs a nanny and not a wife.

See you tomorrow for the part 3. I pray your inner eyes will be opened and you will be able to adjust where necessary.

Please take this time to check yourself and don't be your own delay.

(1) (Reply)

If You Sow KINDNESS, You Will Reap KINDNESS (5th Fruit)!! / Ways God Reveals His Will To Us (part 2) / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 28th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.