Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story (16732 Views)

Man Beaten For Peeping At Couple In Bed / Having Sex With A Lactating Wife-the Implications / I Can Deal With My Wife The Way I Please--chidi Odiah[soccer Star] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by White007(m): 7:55am On Jun 01, 2011
Wislet:

@ILEKE IDI, honestly i thought u wer a smart lady. No daughter of yours wil marry an Igbo? That is good for the Igbo man too. Are ALL women married to Igbos crying foul? U conclude cos of a story u dont know it's truth. Anyways same stereotype goes to u yorubas being  highly promiscuous. Are YOU one? Lol. Stereotype. . . To all those suggesting divorce, maybe in your culture it's an easy/everyday occurrence. But Igbos value marriage. Divorce is de last, if avoidable option. Only allowed in cases of promiscuity, but even some stay to resolve dat instead of separating. So dont try to teach/preach divorce like it's normal, IT IS NOT NORMAL. The Bible gives only ONE provision for that. It is considered a SIN by God for anyone to do that for any other reason.  

Don't mind Ileke idi . She might be suffering from inferiority complex or maybe she has ppd.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Energy48(m): 7:59am On Jun 01, 2011
Jenifa_:

does this look like she smeared blood on her face?

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/Kenyanews/Nigerian-envoy-recalled-over-assault-claims-13017.html

Yes it does. Apart from that, the cut to her face does agree with the husband's statement that she fell and hit her face.

What you have to address is if she was in a punch-up with her husband, how did she manage to take that picture?  You can see the hallow in her hair from the flash of the camera so it was a close-up of her taking a picture of herself. Exactly as the husband said she did.

Let's take a look at the evidence, shall we? She claims the husband beat her up but during the heat of the fight, instead of screaming for help or grabbing a phone to call the Police, she rather takes a picture of herself. Does that sound like how a rational or normal person behaves to you? Afterwards she runs to the Media houses to get them her version of events instead of reporting the alleged assault to the Police. Her idea of going to the Police was an afterthought because she gets round to doing so, ten days after the alleged assault. Again I ask you; does her behaviour sound like how a rational or normal person behaves to you?

If after sieving through the evidence so far and you still believe her side of the story and thus judge the husband guilty and ruin his career, then I can only conclude you are biased because you yourself are a feminist man-hater, period.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Abali1(m): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2011
Some of the man's story may be true. But what am finding hard to believe is that the guy get common sense.

Now look at it this way;
First you married a lady, later you started having problems with the lady and she barred you from coming to the family house in London. Next you found out that the reason for barring you to visit is because she has a live-in-lover at home.

Secondly, you married another lady and got separated from her (AKA divorce ) no reason was given, except that you guys are still friends and it was easy to go separate ways because there was no child involved. Then you lived as a bachelor for some time.

Finally when you were posted to Kenya, you decided to go back to your vomit wife, because you feel that she deserve the new status as the mother of your children.

Abegiii, the man just they waver like ship wey dey for hurricane. Since he knew that the wife is a trouble and she was bold to bring in another lover to live with her in their family house, is that not reason enough to divorce the woman.

Why are we even taken panadol for this man's headache. angry

1 Like

Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by icemann(m): 8:07am On Jun 01, 2011
@Energy48. U make sense there. Tell jenifa well, like say she dey biased
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 01, 2011
pls @all use ur head in dis case, who has alot to lose and gain if this story is made public shud form a basis for investigation, Make i go drink beer!
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Wislet(f): 8:18am On Jun 01, 2011
It is about time people take out time to clear their reasoning. The stereotyping of a whole group of people because of the actions of a few is bad. Not long ago a known yoruba traditional ruler beat up his wife mercilessly and even poured chemical on her face. Should we then conclude that ALL yoruba men are wife beaters? Some people should leave the feeding bottle and grow up. Move around and stop being holed up at a place typing rubbish u dont know on the internet, pretending as if u're an authority on any subject.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:28am On Jun 01, 2011
This whole case is some law & order/csi stuff now. . .
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2011
enamaye:

pls @all use your head in dis case, who has alot to lose and gain if this story is made public shud form a basis for investigation, Make i go drink beer!

what is you guys' problem about the story being made public. why are you trying to hide in the closet that you beat your wives at home?

I hope this teaches you men lesson not to take advantage of women's weaker physique. the more women who speak out and talk publicly about violence and wife-beaters, the better for the world.

PhysicsMHD:

This whole case is some law & order/csi stuff now. . .

I don't see anything CSI about it. what i'm surprised at is how many of the posters here ( all men obviously) actually believe the guy's concocted story.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by ypad: 8:32am On Jun 01, 2011
I have read both side stories and this is my findings.

How comes the woman waited so long before taking the case to Police.
Why did star news paper not interviewed the man and the two kids?
I thought infidelity should be the reason for fight as commonly seen in couples but to my surprise it was food.
For a husband to reject a wife food shows she can not cook well or the man is angry at her, or she is not playing her role well or the man have eaten some where etc.
There is no smoke without fire. The woman most have wangle her tongue roughly to the man which lead to beaten.

In all the man is wrong by beaten his wife.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Shinatu: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2011
Abali1:

Some of the man's story may be true. But what am finding hard to believe is that the guy get common sense.

Now look at it this way;
First you married a lady, later you started having problems with the lady and she barred you from coming to the family house in London. Next you found out that the reason for barring you to visit is because she has a live-in-lover at home.

Secondly, you married another lady and got separated from her (AKA divorce ) no reason was given, except that you guys are still friends and it was easy to go separate ways because there was no child involved. Then you lived as a bachelor for some time.

Finally when you were posted to Kenya, you decided to go back to your vomit wife, because you feel that she deserve the new status as the mother of your children.

Abegiii, the man just they waver like ship wey dey for hurricane. Since he knew that the wife is a trouble and she was bold to bring in another lover to live with her in their family house, is that not reason enough to divorce the woman.

Why are we even taken panadol for this man's headache. angry

Thank you Abali, the man's story makes him look like he is dumb and I am sure no Nigerian man can take 1/10th of all he said he has patiently taken from the woman!

A woman brought a lover into the house, banned you from visiting and seeing your kids and you still called her up when you became an Ambassador because you 'thought the honour was due her'?

1 Like

Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 8:44am On Jun 01, 2011
ypad:

I have read both side stories and this is my findings.

How comes the woman waited so long before taking the case to Police.
Why did star news paper not interviewed the man and the two kids?
I thought infidelity should be the reason for fight as commonly seen in couples but to my surprise it was food.
For a husband to reject a wife food shows she can not cook well or the man is angry at her, or she is not playing her role well or the man have eaten some where etc.
There is no smoke without fire.

how many nigerian women do you know report their husband to the police? how many nigerian police will arrest men for beating their wives?
I reserve my comments on your opinion about her cooking skills and role as a woman.
Obviously we have a long way to go.

The most have wangle her tongue roughly to the man which lead to beaten.

women have become animals that get beaten for speaking. being treated like primary school children.
na wa for Africa

Shinatu:

A woman brought a lover into the house, banned you from visiting and seeing your kids and you still called her up when you became an Ambassador because you 'thought the honour was due her'?

and you actually believe his story?
I don't think he is the dumb one. I think the people who believe his story are the  lipsrsealed
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 8:48am On Jun 01, 2011
this thread makes me want to vomit with disgust.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by rasputinn(m): 8:50am On Jun 01, 2011
I think there was a similar thread where the woman's side of the story was posted and almost all nairalanders that posted there condemned the man outrightly and advocated sundry punishment to be meted out to the man;some of the suggestions ranged from reasonable to absurd to outright stuupid,few of them had the good sense to ask the others to wait to hear the man's side of the story.

Now the man's side of the story is out and alas,all the omniscient nairalanders that rushed to that thread,purely on the strentgh of the wife's narrative,have not bothered to extend the same courtesy to the man

Personally I will not jump to any conclusions,I only hope the Kenyan police will do a thorough job and get to the truth in this matter and if the the man is found culpable,then let the woman press charges and I hope the man gets a very harsh sentencing,if on the other hand,the woman has not been truthful with her account of the incident,then shame on her
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by snthesis(m): 8:55am On Jun 01, 2011
Shinatu:

Thank you Abali, the man's story makes him look like he is dumb and I am sure no Nigerian man can take 1/10th of all he said he has patiently taken from the woman!

some serious jazz at work- d woman must be paying top dollar grin grin grin
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 8:55am On Jun 01, 2011
I'm just really glad that he has being relived of his position.

like most posters have said (even though they sided him), he sounds dumb . ex.he says he married a loud obnoxious woman because her nature complimented his own gentle caring personality.  
then he said that he wife cheated on him and barred him from entering his house and seeing the kids kids but then went back to her after he became an ambassador to honor her. does that make any sense?  

to me, the story is concocted and I do not really care what the surrounding circumstances are.
bottom line is that I am not an advocate of domestic violence.

you can divorce if you don't like her. but don't lay your hands on your spouse period.

snthesis:

some serious jazz at work- d woman must be paying top dollar grin grin grin

abi o. either the woman jazz him. or he's making up the story
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Energy48(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2011
Jenifa_:

and you actually believe his story?
I don't think he is the dumb one. I think the people who believe his story are the  lipsrsealed

Actually Jenifa, that part of the story about him not being allowed into his house and seeing his children is sooo true here in the UK. The situation of a woman coming up with all kinds of allegations and banning the man from the house and stopping him seeing his children is common like the air we breath in the UK.

For you to doubt what is common knowledge about the UK is is just unbelievable.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Energy48(m): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2011
Jenifa_:

this thread makes me want to vomit with disgust.

LOL! Quick get the sheriff. MAN-HATER on the loose  grin
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 01, 2011
This is why I hardly sympathize with any woman that comes out with sob stories about how she had been 'abused' or 'battered' by her husband: What is the true story? What did you do to deserve that? I really cannot stomach these idi.ots and their manipulative ways; they would often be the devils who ruin their husbands' peace of mind, and yet would come out first to scream blue murder and claim 'victim.' The truth is that is it ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to see a good woman battered for no/flimsy reasons by their husband. The rest are either eminently qualified for such battery, or make a mountain out of a molehill in reporting the so-called battery in other to make their husbands look bad, or make themselves look like 'innocent' and 'helpless' victims. And yet you would always find fellow women and some misguided men who rush to believe these b.i.t.ch.es' fake stories and call the persecuted husbands' all sorts of names. Smh.

Ambassador Wigwe must be a very patient and good man. In light of the new evidence, this is precisely the sort of woman I would have long executed (discreetly) if I were in his miserable shoes. Nonsense.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by infolpf: 9:05am On Jun 01, 2011
I am quite amazed at some of the responses here. The strong current of misogyny is truly disgusting and disheartening.

First, the original story posted is NOT "the other side". It is simply an article written by a presumed journalist, citing "our sources". Who are those sources?  It is quite simply a speculative article with rumours more worthy of 'City People' than a reputable newspaper.

Also, the 'statement' from Mr Ambassador, combined with the rumours and alleged behaviour of both parties seem indicative of your typical dysfunctional relationship, with extra marital affairs, reactions and counter reactions thereto, mistrust, intense dislike, and the resulting egotistical desire to outdo one another.

Finally, anyone in the medical profession will testify that the cuts and bleeding in the pictures are in fact consistent with an assault. Irrespective of the reasons for the assault, THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION TO AN ASSAULT OR BATTERY, save perhaps self defence or defence of a loved one.

Quote from NLder adebayo111 -
"Hypocrite. If u ave never slap a woman before in your life, cast the first stone."

Dude, I feel sorry for you. That neanderthal attitude will lead you to an early end after you slap the wrong person someday.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 9:06am On Jun 01, 2011
Energy48:

Actually Jenifa, that part of the story about him not being allowed into his house and seeing his children is sooo true here in the UK. The situation of a woman coming up with all kinds of allegations and banning the man from the house and stopping him seeing his children is common like the air we breath in the UK.

For you to doubt what is common knowledge about the UK is is just unbelievable.

try to read the post thoroughly before commenting. ok?
his wife banned him from entering his house and seeing his kids, he left her and married someone else. after 6 months he left that one and then "Following my nomination as ambassador in September 2007, I called Mrs Wigwe on phone to offer her an olive branch and to ask her to join me, if she so wished, to associate with my new appointment. "

doesn't that sound very foolish to you?
a woman who you claim kicked you out and is a devil in disguise, you left your new wife and called her back to "extend an olive branch"?

is that common in the UK too? hehn?

it is obviously a concocted story
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2011

I am quite amazed at some of the responses here. The strong current of misogyny is truly disgusting and disheartening.

I feel the same way. makes me realize how badly African women are suffering back home.

THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION TO AN ASSAULT OR BATTERY,

Thank you!! there shouldn't be any excuse for it.
imagine one poster saying. she probably wasn't a good cook or she didn't play her role as a woman and therefore the husband was rightfully angry with her.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by onemopol: 9:10am On Jun 01, 2011

I discovered that Mrs Wigwe had brought her male lover, a Nigerian of Yoruba tribe, to live with her and the children in the family house.

Yoruba and Igbo tussle don reach wife levels too? grin grin grin

I somehow feel the man's story is not "complete" anyway. I see a korni man and korni woman scenario here.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Energy48(m): 9:12am On Jun 01, 2011
Jenifa_:

try to read the post thoroughly before commenting. ok?
his wife banned him from entering his house and seeing his kids, he left her and married someone else. after 6 months he left that one and then "Following my nomination as ambassador in September 2007, I called Mrs Wigwe on phone to offer her an olive branch and to ask her to join me, if she so wished, to associate with my new appointment. "

doesn't that sound very foolish to you?
a woman who you claim kicked you out and is a devil in disguise, you left your new wife and called her back to "extend an olive branch"?

is that common in the UK too? hehn?

it is obviously a concocted story

The man being DUMB for staying with his wife, after all he alleged about her, is quite obvious for all to see. But that is not the point under discussion; is it?

1 Like

Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 9:12am On Jun 01, 2011
pro01:

The truth is that is it ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to see a good woman battered for no/flimsy reasons by their husband. The rest are either eminently qualified for such battery,

and this is coming from a poster I thought was respectable.
so women ought to be good subservient or be battered.  
there are levels of qualification now for battery and domestic abuse against women?
just wow.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2011
Sadly we live in a world where an accusation is all it takes to tarnish a man's reputation, never mind that he hasn't given his own account of what really went down. Oh,the stench of feminism.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 9:16am On Jun 01, 2011
Energy48:

The man being DUMB in staying with his wife, after all he alleged about her, is quite obvious for all to see. But that is not the point under discussion; is it?

i don't think the man is dumb at all.  he clearly beat her up not kiss her feet like he seem to be telling us in his "story"
I think the dumb one is,  lipsrsealed
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2011
fresh_dude:

Sadly we live in a world where an accusation is all it takes to tarnish a man's reputation, never mind that he hasn't given his own account of what really went down. Oh,the stench of feminism.

that stench of feminism is what Africa needs right now more than anything. where 1 out of 3 women are being beating by sadistic men and rap.ed by the hundreds everyday.

Ambassador Wigwe must be a very patient and good man. In light of the new evidence, this is precisely the sort of woman I would have long executed (discreetly) if I were in his miserable shoes. Nonsense.

you are African man so I do not doubt you for a second. I just feel bad for the poor victim that will you way.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2011
And the annoying this is that, just like in the DSK violation case, if the man is eventually found innocent, the harm has already been done - what punishment would then be meted out to the woman? ? ? I deeply deeply deeply detest this women-centric socio-legal mechanism that permits a woman to ruin a man's hard-earned status, reputation, fortune, and position, and yet go scot-free. That is completely unacceptable. God knows that I would be brutal with any harlot that tries that with me.
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Energy48(m): 9:19am On Jun 01, 2011
Jenifa_:

i don't think the man is dumb at all.  he clearly beat her up not kiss her feet like he seem to be telling us in his "story"
I think the dumb one is,  lipsrsealed

Touchy! Touchy!!

LOL! Calm down dear! tongue
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 9:23am On Jun 01, 2011
Energy48:

Touchy! Touchy!!

LOL! Calm down dear! tongue

I think this is a serious topic that should be taken seriously.
this is a common place incident in Nigeria with men beating up their wives. and it never gets in the news.
I think we ought to be more civilized and definitely less violent.

I mean I know part of the problem is psychological. African men have learned from childhood to be violent against women because they see their fathers doing it and other men doing it. but do you want to raise the future generation in that way?
Re: Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story by Jenifa1: 9:25am On Jun 01, 2011
I know you live in the UK. so you know how society operates there. compare that to Africa and don't you just want to go back to africa where men live like kings and women like slaves?  tongue

anyways goodnight. try not to become a wife-beater. if you already are, make sure to change your ways. or get a DIVORCE. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! / Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? / Funny Things You Inherited From Your Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.