Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday (50197 Views)

‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by mfm04622: 9:23am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?

The business of any child still living under the roof of his or her parents is still the business of the parents!
If he want to sleep with anybody overnight, even with more than one at a time, he should go and get his own room

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Dindondin(m): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2021
Ok
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by don4real18(m): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2021
I'm guessing you are his stepmom from your writeup. If you guys aren't close, his dad is in better position to talk to him. Wait for him to sneak in the girl as usual then his dad should go to his room and talk to him. His dad can also book a Uber to take the girl home and warn her never to step into his house again as he would treat her like a criminal when next she comes.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by muller101(m): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?
Edet you are not wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by ledaman: 9:24am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
You are a foolish fellow with your comments.

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by SILVERLINES: 9:24am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

He still sneaks her in. Or did she jazz him?, Please advise me. Thanks.

call your son and sit him down once again and ask him what his intention is with the said girl, if your son tell you she is willing to settle down with the girl, then call the girl and sit her down like a mother you are talk to her, the her what you dont like about her, especially the smoking attitude of hers. but, your son says otherwise then stop the girl from coming to your house.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Vireani79: 9:24am On Oct 11, 2021
Mercychen:
How old is he? Anyways, that's not necessary as what he needs now is serious dicipline before he lands you into a big trouble or gets himself killed. A girl who smokes is capable of anything.

Now, the house belongs to you, not him. First things first, when he gets back today, tell him to hand over the key to that room because it's the privilege you gave him to have a room to himself that is making him to misbehave. Tell him to move his things out in 1hr and Collect the key from him. Lock up the room!
You need your hubby to join you in carrying out this mission.
This solves the issue of bringing the girl home.
As for where he'll be sleeping, let him be sleeping in the sitting room. People who don't have bedrooms sleep in the parlor. That's his punishment for being stubborn.

Secondly, tell the girl to stop coming to the house. don't just stop her from sleeping ( which is not going to be possible again though). Tell her outrightly. Biko.

Also call your son and warn him of the dangers of dating a girl who smokes. Maybe he's cool with it because he schooled abroad and now has that abroad mentality that smoking is normal. That is abroad. You cant compare a female abroad smoker to a female Nigerian smoker. Just so he knows and doesn't think it's normal here. That girl is rotten.

Disease dey town. Tell him to retract now before he contracts the deadly disease.

You just want to cause trouble for the mother

Many of u have never been abroad so u don't understand these things
The mother should leave him alone
Any attempt to take his room will cause a war she will live to remember
Any attempt to send the gal away will cause a fight that even the father will leave the house for him

He is a son and not a bastard
The guy will protect his turf and anything that concerns him with his blood

The problem I see here is the mother sees the gal as not good enough for her son cos she said she works around the house
She is poor
For a son who schooled abroad
She wants a better woman
But this is who he has found love with
He won't say it but he loves her
All the mother is to do is be his friend
Be a friend to the gal
Let her be free to come and go
Put some rules that she shouldn't walk naked
Get interested in her
She is what gives the frustrated son joy
They smoke, drink and talk about the pains of life together
Stop harassing this young lady cos u see her as beneath u and ur family
If na otedola pikin dey come ur house
Would u care if she smokes
Madam get to know her or leave her and ur son alone

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by aAK1(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2021
I use to be your son many year back but my mom actually handled it well. You really wouldn’t want them sneaking around trust me. Get to know the girl and to be on the safe side, her family . You see, I didn’t end up with any of the girls I was moving around with then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by bukatyne(f): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
lol be real.what decent girl will allow a man sneak her in at night

The babe is a street girl and the reason why she's polite is because her hand Never touch wetin she dey find

@op when Belle enter her stomach- which is likely her main goal,to send her out wilt be harder and story go change.the people telling you to mind your buisnness Will say shebi you saw when your son was bringing her in,why didn't you do anything about it.by the way,if she sees you're beginning to be a threat to her goal,she will start targeting your husband.street girls are extremely clever,funny and shrewd

Yoruba will say enikan online kerenidi eru e.no matter how small you might be your house is still your house now this is what you should do

Put your feet on the ground and tell her not to enter your house else you will get her arrested and warm your son that if she sneaks the girl in you will chase him out of the house or Remove your hands from his matter.anything him eye sees,he should take it.if you live in an estate,show her picture to the gateman and tell him you don't want to see her in your estate that she's a criminal or prostitute.however you will need to be tipping him whenever you pass the gate.e.g giving him like ₦500 sometimes

This shi*** when it blows,I guarantee you you will be roped in even when you have nothing to do with it

The girl will emotionally blackmail you and threaten you to allow her marry your son. @ wisemum I have experienced something like this so I know what I'm talking about

As in, the OP is still speaking English.

Let belle enter, she and her husband would know how far.

God forbid, something should now happen to the babe.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Neddyogu(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2021
Unruly7:
How you portray the girl evil without saying anything bad about your son lol

If the girl is a chain smoker it means your son is a chronic smoker

If the girl is a prostitute it means your son is one

If the girl is not responsible for sleeping in a man house, your son is irresponsible for sneaking in a girl in his father's house VERY DISRESPECTFUL

Atleast the girl is working your son isn't working

The problem here is your son maybe you help him get a job and his own apartment

Since he has decided to be useless let him continue

Before you quote me remember The girl won't come to the house if the boy didn't invite her

Telling it like it is!

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Paulo3ree(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2021
jansonn:

Who is this one? Mind my business, my own son. Omo, don't listen to this person pls

Mind your business also includes
.1) supporting or helping him meet his needs at every stage of his life to ensure success isn't bad. he deserves a companion and you must support that idea.
.2) try to understand and respect their boundaries, with wisdom your authority will remain honoured and respected. ?they could find random places to have sex if it was just that?
.3) finally sort for good inspirations and revelations as you doing already

"If you can not find peace within yourself, it's useless to look elsewhere"
Partner with your house to make it a home
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by grandstar(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum
From what I see, your son simply wants to catch with fun with a lady that makes him not feel unduly pressured. Also, a lot of relationships are like this in the UK. They see no big deal in bringing their lovers for sleepovers. The only warning from the parent is usually a light one and that is "don't get her pregnant".

Your son may see you as being old-fashioned and making noise over nothing. He is a young man sowing his oats, catching fun. One day, he'll tire of this life and settle down.

It may therefore just be a passing phase. He seems he wasn't into women prior to this hence "enjoying things".

I have so many thing to say but don 't know how to say it
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2021
African Jazz is not in the same circle as Nigerian jazz. Nigerian jazz are mean, powerful and can make a man do the ridiculous.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by prophetfire: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2021
The problem is with your son first. Your son is irresponsible and disrespectful to his parents.
The girl too is irresponsible. But one thing with young ladies is that once they get a man that can tickle their clitoris very well, they are ready to die on top his matter.
You and your husband should be very firm and decisive about the matter.
Use police to arrest her in the middle of the night when she comes again. Tell your son to go rent a house and move out. Be firm and take action.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by KosoMo(m): 9:28am On Oct 11, 2021
First thing to work on is to find out why your son disrespect your decisions as parents...

You need too talk to your husband and figure it out before it's too late...

For the lady, she has little or no blame because your son has given her all the effrontery to come to the house and if they are both in love, you can work on the lady. Talk to her on your dislikes, try and know her family and let them know your son still has a lot to do in life....

Going totally against the relationship may be dangerous...

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by 30naira: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
Mercychen:
How old is he? Anyways, that's not necessary as what he needs now is serious dicipline before he lands you into a big trouble or gets himself killed. A girl who smokes is capable of anything.

Now, the house belongs to you, not him. First things first, when he gets back today, tell him to hand over the key to that room because it's the privilege you gave him to have a room to himself that is making him to misbehave. Tell him to move his things out in 1hr and Collect the key from him. Lock up the room!
As for where he'll be sleeping, let him be sleeping in the sitting room. People who don't have bedrooms sleep in the parlor. That's his punishment for being stubborn.

Secondly, tell the girl to stop coming to the house. don't just stop her from sleeping ( which is not going to be possible again though). Tell her outrightly. Biko.

Also call your son and warn him of the dangers of dating a girl who smokes. Maybe he's cool with it because he schooled abroad and now has that abroad mentality that smoking is normal. That is abroad. You cant compare a female abroad smoker to a female Nigerian smoker. Just so he knows and doesn't think it's normal here. That girl is rotten.

Disease dey town. Tell him to retract now before he contracts the deadly disease.

Aunty Mercy, this your advice will start a war o. It's an adult male we are talking about here, not a teenager. As far as I don't like his actions, there is no need to start a war with his son. This your advice seems quite extreme. That boy can leave the house and move in with the girl, the she has lost her son forever

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
He should mind his business! You have no manner at all. Nonsense boy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by CaptainAyub: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
bigjackass:
What rubbish. You and your husband are too gentle. Since they have refused to listen the next thing is to change it for them especially the girl. Next time you see her in your house use stick pursue am comot. Nonsense
Or call DPO for am.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by emmykk(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

He still sneaks her in. Or did she jazz him?, Please advise me. Thanks.

Call your son ask him what do the lady do for a living? Then ask him if he want to settle down with her as a wife or just for fun.

Then ask your son which business he wish to venture into and see if you guys can help him start it.
There is no need hating the girl see how they can be on their own.
Is painful seeing your son with the kind of woman you don't like for him.
Job frustration can make you reason negative,maybe if he has a job that is ok he will not be mingling with her.
Fix his finance first that will fix other things
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bayoibee: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
I believe nothing you can say or do will make him change his mind about her because they’re in the moment and are satisfying eachother well, let them keep catching cruise for now, it’s only time that‘ll tell but obviously it won’t last forever. My advice is to get him a self contain not too far from home since he doesn’t have a job yet so he can run back home every now and then to get food stuffs, let them both do all their nonsense in his apartment till they’re tired of eachother and hopefully he comes back to his senses when he sees the real world and how life is outside. No one will tell him before he quickly go and learn a skill instead of waiting for a job to come. All these stuffs will be a thing of the past soon Ma.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by ledaman: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
How can your son refused to obey your rules? It clearly shows he wasn't trained well. Drive him out of the house you and your husband has given him what it takes to excel in life.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by chris51(f): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
My dear lady. Talk to your son again. If he still brings the girl home, give him a deadline to move out of your house.
Your son's attitude is very disrespectful to you and your husband. It also means that the girl is not from a good home.
Tell the girl, next time you see her there, you will embarrass her and your son.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by bukatyne(f): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
African Jazz is not in the same circle as Nigerian jazz. Nigerian jazz are mean, powerful and can make a man do the ridiculous.

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

E say na Nigerian jazz.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by AlabiJ: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
@wisemum: I believe you and the dad have done your possible best in being reasonable parents to your son under the circumstance, but now it's time for some tough love. Give him an ultimatum. It's either he stops bringing the girl to sleep over, or he gets his own place. But all that nonsense under your roof needs to stop forthwith. If he feels he's old enough to behave the way he's doing, then he should be man enough to get his own place so he can exercise all that freedom, but not under your roof. Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2021
It's obvious you didn't train your son the right way, if he was trained and disciplined he wouldn't act in such way, me that I'm naturally stubborn, i never tried such nonsense in my parent's house, infact them no born me and brothers well to try such nonsense. grin

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by volts(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2021
Madam you want to correct the ills of your boy that has be on going for years over night?

When they say discipline your kids so that what you instilled in them will not depart, most parents won't listen...

Conversation is the key here and the fact that your boy doesn't even respect you warnings or deterrents means you are on "a long thing"

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by neonly: 9:30am On Oct 11, 2021
kingreign:

SHUT UP THERE!
Thunder fire that your hands for typing this rubbish.

Madam you and your husband complaining has every right to complain.
1. They're his parents and he should be responsible
2. He still stays under their roof, and should abide by their rules.
3. His actions depicts gross irresponsibly despite the grooming and upbringing he was given (judging from the woman's description of him).
4. Her character, behaviours and what she indulges in depicts a typical prostitute. She wears shabby highly provocative dresses that barely covers anything, she visits their son that stays in his parent houses at odd hours despite cautioning both the son and the lady and she smokes. Such personality isn't fit for their son.
5. Their son isn't mature enough to choose in this case. The choice he made for a partner is a total opposite of what aby responsible parent will condone, he needs to be guided so as not to make a grave mistake that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

If I were in your shoes, I'd dig deep to ask my son to tell me more about this strange lady, call the lady and find out more about her. Her family, where she stays, why she's always clinging to my son. What both of them wants from each other. Also, I'd suggest you pray ery much about this. Don't be harsh on both of them.

With the response you get, you will definitely find answers and know the next steps to take. But in whatsoever you do, please, apply wisdom and authority and some punishment by way of deprivation. Deprive your son of somethings he does, some thing you give to him. Eg. Access to your properties such as cars, freedom to leave at anytime and return at anytime he likes, freedom to associate with whosoever he deems fit, stop giving him some funds and also possibly limit his privacy whist still in your house.

In my own house u der not lock d door to any room u can close buy not lock that's d rule

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2021
The truth remains that the boy was over pampered by his parents. I could remember vividly while still leaving with my parents and having a work of my own. One faithfully day, I brought my GF home because my parents were not at home, and I wasn't expecting them to come back soon. I was inside my room doing my thing with my GF when my parents came back, that very day I nearly collapsed. That was the last day I tried it, even though my parents did not altered a word but their look says it. After the incidence, my GF stopped visiting me as she used to do, claiming she is too ashamed of herself to face my parents.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by astOorR(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2021
Mercychen:

You just spoke like one whose Parents still flogs even as an adult.

See how you painted the girl evil while the spoilt brat is a saint right?

Anyway, you don't discipline an adult, you dialogue with an adult... That girl keeps the boy sane in this crazy economy, what the parents aren't doing.

The over protective mum should sit the girl down and get to know her beyond her already formed idealogies. She might be a wonderful companion to her son.

She's fire fighting the situation and she's got to be wise else she looses her son to the girl when the young man gets his own apartment...

Mummy, this is 21st century and proper dialogue with clarity wins this generation over.
Best of luck �

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Help2020: 9:31am On Oct 11, 2021
jansonn:

Who is this one? Mind my business, my own son. Omo, don't listen to this person pls
HThe person you quoted didn't say anything bad oga.He is your son and at the same time he is an adult. You said in your post that you don't like the girl.Most you like a girl before your son can love her?you're quick to label her a prostitute when you barely know her. Oga change your mindset.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by elonmuskbaby: 9:31am On Oct 11, 2021
bukatyne:

As in, the OP is still speaking English.

Let belle enter, she and her husband would know how far.

God forbid, something should now happen to the babe.
e be like say she be all this civilised modern day oyinbo mom

Typical African mother go don drag her by her hair and fling her out with cane, broom or water.some go even pour kerosene for her body or soak her clothes inside water and drive her out naked

Fear sef go dey catch the girl to near that house again
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by chris51(f): 9:32am On Oct 11, 2021
chris51:
My dear lady. Talk to your son again. If he still brings the girl home, give him a deadline to move out of your house.
Your son's attitude is very disrespectful to you and your husband. It also means that the girl is not from a good home.
Tell the girl, next time you see her there, you will embarrass her and your son.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Madam & Her Maid: This Happened In The Church Today. / Wife Finds Her Death Certificate In Husband’s Car / Men, Can You Take Your Wife Back After Cheating On You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.