Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy (21977 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 12, 2021
cooooooks:
In her parents' house. Where are her parents?

Lool. You want to scar the "poor boy" for life.
cramps is no body's mate. Thank God my family members know say I lazy wella. Any body wey try this one eh grin grin grin
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 12, 2021
Plead:

Why would you expect them to contribute financially when you don't do house chores or cook? This is the problem I have with most hypocritical folks these days. Y'all want to be traditional and liberal at the same time.
Just pick one part, if you're liberal then find a liberal woman and live a liberal life.

Don't say you don't want to do house chores or cook because you're a traditional person but you want your wife to assist you with bills (which is untraditional).
that's the delusion with which these NL alpha male narcissists deceive themselves. They want a traditional wife with Liberal mindsets.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 12, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Lucky you... The ones like her are 1 in a million. Make sure you love her, but her ordering you to the kitchen shouldn't be overlooked. Thanks
and the person behind this moniker may not be older than 23 but sure, he has an opinion on how a man should treat his wife. grin

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 12, 2021
Lollittaa:

that's the delusion with which these NL alpha male narcissists deceive themselves. They want a traditional wife with Liberal mindsets.

Very confusing set of folks. There are women who behave like that too, they want men that'll share house chores with them or assist with chores, but they don't want to assist with bills. Trying to enjoy benefits of patriarchy and liberalism at the same time, lol.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by cococandy(f): 9:06am On Oct 12, 2021
Amalekki:
Not managing situations like this with sense and love is the reason why we hear stories of some rich guys blanking out cousins/family members. You never know what happened in the past when they were still in their formative years and forced to rely on family members. I just hope the OP is not capitalising on her cousin's situation to 'cut him down to size' just for her own satisfaction since his own immediate family are currently struggling. I say this because I have seen this play out in the past within my extended family.

You just assumed the girl can’t get rich too?

Xtupid stereotype

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by kageo(f): 9:30am On Oct 12, 2021
All these may seem normal but honestly, it is not good. How do you expect the woman to feel?

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 9:32am On Oct 12, 2021
Lollittaa:

and the person behind this moniker may not be older than 23 but sure, he has an opinion on how a man should treat his wife. grin
Thank God you used 'may not'
Even if am 10 years, age doesn't determine maturity, many teenagers are more matured than some so-called wives. By the way I'm all about men putting you females in check, whether married, relatives, friends or whatever... This topic isn't about man and wife.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by cooooooks(m): 11:45am On Oct 12, 2021
Ding ding ding.

These alpha guys should know that they are heading for early deaths with the stress they bring upon themselves.

Imagine wanting to be in 100% charge in this modern day. School fees and rent alone go give you hypertension.

If your wife is contributing equitably (not necessarily equally) in a PARTNERSHIP (all the Kevin Samuels fans should faint), who not. You to deny her a say in running the affairs.

The worst, as a brother to sisters and friend of ladies, these guys are mediocre toasters who have no game and just say weird stuff like "baby, you know I like you"; five minutes after meeting a gyal. Mtchew
Lollittaa:

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 12, 2021
cooooooks:
Ding ding ding.

These alpha guys should know that they are heading for early death with the stress they bring on themselves.

Imagine wanting to be in 100% charge in this modern day. School fees and rent alone go give you hypertension.

The worst, as a brother to sisters and friend of ladies, these guys are mediocre toasters who have no game and just say weird stuff like "baby, you know I like you"; five minutes after meeting a gyal. Mtchew
grin grin
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Blackdisciple(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hmmm...!!

Na your house ooo, if you didn't do the domestic works no one will that's what you should know, but if you get help then it's fine and if you don't then no cause for alarm .
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by bukatyne(f): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
pocohantas:

You are getting me wrong. If one person has to cook, it would most likely be me. Not him. He Nothing wrong with my mindset. wink

Isn’t it? grin

I went to night school, I don't even know the definition of sexist undecided

Is it someone who plays se.x? cheesy
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by bukatyne(f): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
wunmi590:

At least you know how to clean, some slayqueen don't know what it is even called, but they would be the first to request for pounded yam cheesy

What is the joy in asking for food I can cook when I have options? cheesy

I am not a fan of pounded yam though.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Amalekki: 1:05am On Oct 13, 2021
cococandy:

You just assumed the girl can’t get rich too?

Xtupid stereotype
No, I did not. I only picked the relevant as an example.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by sharone21(f): 1:16am On Oct 13, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
when a woman calls dude "real men", then know you are a "Big Wimp"...

Nonsense.

To your type, nonsense alpha males.
You better drop that nonsense redpill mentality if u plan to own a peaceful home unless u want to remain forever single BUT una urge in men won't permit it no matter how u want to belittle women.
No be today we know women own homes and if u bring that nonsense redpill stuff into marriage na your type will remain maritally unhappy.

I thank God that the men I know who are even greater than the Nairaland boys that don't know how to manage themselves not to rltalk of a home due to bitterness or whatever, help their women including my DAD.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by UCHIHAmask: 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
sharone21:

Wrongest mentality... Women even see men who help out a lot as being more sexy...
Funny enough na men of no class usually carry this issue of helping women for head.
Real men don't argue this even when they are the BREAD WINNERS.
I have no talk with you! (f)
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Truvelisback(m): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ur cousin lacks home training. How can a fully grown man sit at home doing nothing? Not even a house chore. He will just sit down and eat. As for me, i know how to handle such person. Op, no give am food if him no do any house chore. It's ur house. He can do in his own house, not urs.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Bluette(f): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do you believe males can only learn from males? That very myopic thinking is part reason why the monkey probably ended up an eejit to begin with. undecided

I addressed the OPs concern. I never mentioned males learn from males, try to read in between the lines and not just vomit out your hate. The OP's mother couldn't talk with him, neither is the cousin learning by what he saw the mother doing. Then the question is How can he be convinced that the male child can help with chores? By seeing other males doing it. It's a simple logic. The cousin mother failed in that aspect, and now he's in a strange environment and he brought his mindset with him. He isn't a baby you can beat or continuously shout at. He's a mature man. So he learns by watching and through counselling. Btw I'm a woman and am not apologetic with what I commented. I have a friend like that, all his life, his mother does most work, but his views changed when he went to live with his brother, he saw his brother helping the wife and kids, he learnt through that and was able to ask some deep questions from his brother. He saw the same gender as his, doing what he considered an abomination. He was shocked and he spoke up and was counselled. Simple. If he continuously see the girl child doing the work, please what change will that bring...nothing. He has been seeing it since inception. So I know what I'm talking about. Thanks.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2021
Bluette:

I addressed the OPs concern. I never mentioned males learn from males, try to read in between the lines and not just vomit out your hate. The OP's mother couldn't talk with him, neither is the cousin learning by what he saw the mother doing.
Then the question is How can he be convinced that the male child can help with chores? By seeing other males doing it. It's a simple logic. The cousin mother failed in that aspect, and now he's in a strange environment and he brought his mindset with him. He isn't a baby you can beat or continuously shout at. He's a mature man. So he learns by watching and through counselling. Btw I'm a woman and am not apologetic with what I commented. I have a friend like that, all his life, his mother does most work, but his views changed when he went to live with his brother, he saw his brother helping the wife and kids, he learnt through that and was able to ask some deep questions from his brother. He saw the same gender as his, doing what he considered an abomination. He was shocked and he spoke up and was counselled. Simple. If he continuously see the girl child doing the work, please what change will that bring...nothing. He has been seeing it since inception. So I know what I'm talking about. Thanks.
What you term simple logic is actually sexist enabling of the problem. He already looks down on women as it is. So,if he chooses not to learn from Op and her OP, he could easily be sent back to his parents for them to either reprogram him or handle him on their own. undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Bluette(f): 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What you term simple logic is actually sexist enabling of the problem. He already looks down on women as it is. So,if he chooses not to learn from Op and her OP, he could easily be sent back to his parents for them to either reprogram him or handle him on their own. undecided

Did u read my first post where I mentioned if he doesn't change, the OP should ignore him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. / Things People Who Lived In Face To Face Houses Can Relate To / Nigerian Parents And The "You Are Not Sleeping Here Tonight" Syndrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.