Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) (45659 Views)

Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / Two Airliners Land Side By Side On Parallel Runways In California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:47am On Oct 12, 2021
These are the longest Airport runways in Nigeria.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Elsanchez: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2021
HMMM
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2021
Planes can actually land from both sides of that runway; it's hard to appreciate it cus many ppl don't understand what it actually means

post=106669109:
These are the longest Airport runways in Nigeria

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 12, 2021
Please nobody is talking about The Yorubas. Appreciate the topic, discuss it and leave others out of it

OfficialAPCNig:
Do you know Yoruba people haven't built a single airport all there lives?

I just found out that all the airports in SW are FG owned.

Sophistijatrd people always hiding behind FG for handouts

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Lionnation: 10:57am On Oct 12, 2021
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Lionnation: 10:59am On Oct 12, 2021
There are no airports built by any south west states, all the airports in southwest are all federal government airport, chai.. This is sofistication

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2021
Willie's first son and not . Man u are cashing out real big in this administration.
Ur papa whisky Willie Obiakpo has anointed ur mouth & stomach with oil & ur hands,account with sensitive papers.

Pls show us d run way on ground & not this downloaded pix and d livescore u posted there. We need livematch i.e what is on ground & not grammar.
Anambra Amaka.
The Light of the Nation; my beloved state of d land of d rising sun, Unubi Nnewi South LGA precisely.

10 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:01am On Oct 12, 2021
Abuja, Lagos, Kano and Port Harcourt were built by FG

The second longest runway in Nigeria was built by Anambra state government, remember Anambra Airport runway have 2 Raser 06 and 24 of 1Km at each end making 5.7km that plane can land at both end of the runway, which doesn't exist in any airport in the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHIqUsWtrY

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Moferere: 11:04am On Oct 12, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

And Anambra Airport belongs to Anambra?
This is why I called you guys Illiterate Peoples of Biafra.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by ItsGoodToBeGood: 11:04am On Oct 12, 2021
Wonderful.... This new airport dey shack una shaa..

Na to maintain am remain

4 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 12, 2021
First of all, we have the most educated population. Secondly that guy is not Igbo, he's trying to derail this thread, learn to understand ppl
Moferere:

29 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 11:11am On Oct 12, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

U don't mini it. I also heard their cities are full of brown roofs and that what they cannot stab at d back does not exist.
I said i overheard b4 d back biting/stabbing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

Do you know the difference between "there" and "their"?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 11:14am On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

Noooooooo... Afonja professor it belongs to ur great great grand father.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:16am On Oct 12, 2021
Anambra international cargo and passenger Airport tarmac is size of four football pitches with two taxiways all concrete

13 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

Can't you just discuss the topic of the thread without courting controversy by mentioning Yoruba people?

21 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:28am On Oct 12, 2021
The control tower is the tallest in Nigeria, all concrete with elevator and central cooling system

10 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Jakumo(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2021
post=106669502:
Abuja, Lagos, Kano and Port Harcourt were built by FG

The second longest runway in Nigeria was built by Anambra state government, remember Anambra Airport runway have 2 laser 90 and 24 of 1Km at each end making 5.7km that plane can land at both end of the runway, which doesn't exist in any airport in the country

This is a minor point, but the pictures published here show two different runways, and NOT opposite ends of the same runway. By ICAO convention, Runway 09 faces due east, while Runway 27 faces due west.

It is not possible for one end of the same runway to be designated as 09, and the other as 24. The runway heading at both ends of the same runway always face compass directions that differ from each other by exactly180 degrees.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Isobug: 11:36am On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
There are no airports built by any south west states, all the airports in southwest are all federal government airport, chai.. This is sofistication
That's why they always say Those who are building Airports don't need them , just because they don't have and can't build

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:45am On Oct 12, 2021
Jakumo:

This is a minor point, but the pictures published here show two different runways, and NOT opposite ends of the same runway. By ICAO convention, Runway 09 faces due east, while Runway 27 faces due west.

It is not possible for one end of the same runway to be designated as 09, and the other as 24. The runway heading at both ends of the same runway always face compass directions that differ from each other by exactly180 degrees.
You can visit the site of Craneburgh the construction company that handled the project, it is the same runway I just screenshot the video of the laser 24 of Anambra Airport runway they posted
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=904826163400294&id=133230873893164

6 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Igboid: 11:45am On Oct 12, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Can't you just discuss the topic of the thread without courting controversy by mentioning Yoruba people?

The post was aimed at courting Yoruba people to spoil the thread.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Igboid: 11:47am On Oct 12, 2021
. This is a good thread.
Obiano has tried for us with this airport.
Let's hope Soludo continues where he stops.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Jakumo(m): 11:48am On Oct 12, 2021
post=106670464:
You can visit the site of Craneburgh the construction company that handled the project, it is the same runway I just screenshot the video of the laser 24 of Anambra Airport runway they posted
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=904826163400294&id=133230873893164

You go see say dem go change am back to 09 and 27, namely East Facing and West Facing ends of the same runway.

After dem go flog the painter when go mistake write 09 and 24. Na mistake. Runway no dey bend corner. Na straight line kaka-raka.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Racoon(m): 11:52am On Oct 12, 2021
Alaigbo ya dinma.Only let all man go develop on his own pace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:55am On Oct 12, 2021
Jakumo:

You go see say dem go change am back to 09 and 27, namely East Facing and West Facing ends of the same runway.

After dem go flog the painter when go mistake write 09 and 24. Na mistake. Runway no dey bend corner. Na straight line kaka-raka.
You better professional that handled the project otondo.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Jakumo(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2021
post=106670686:

You no better professional that handled the project otondo.

Anyway, na for where I been dey tap Sapele Wata for on top palm tree, na him I take learn airport work so, I don tell dem say make dem helep me flog dat painter to make am no do so again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by NGpatriot: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
Jakumo:

Calling this village landing pathway be insult to runways...

Very soon, you go see bricklayers doing patch patch on the village landing strip..

One-year-old bridge don break apart and instead of hiring structural engineers and better contractor to fix the mediocre and poorly built village flyover, den hire village bricklayers to do patch patch..

Bridges are built to last for 30-50 years, but na only one year bridge dey last in Anambra village..

grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by greatiyk4u(m): 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106670686:

You better professional that handled the project otondo.

He is making sense as his comment is from a professional angle, just that the pic is not elaborate enough to view it well for detailed analysis

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by greatiyk4u(m): 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
NGpatriot:

Calling this village landing pathway be insult to runways...

Very soon, you go see bricklayers doing patch patch on the village landing strip..

One-year-old bridge don break apart and instead of hiring structural engineers and better contractor to fix the mediocre and poorly built village flyover, den hire village bricklayers to do patch patch..

Bridges are built to last for 30-50 years, but na only one year bridge dey last in Anambra village..

grin grin

Unfortunately, no state in South west can boast of any critical infrastructure built by the state, except Lagos that is the headquarters of Nigeria people's IGR sweat,

If any just name it.....
My stay in Ijebu East LG of Ogun state opened my eyes to the media deception and description of the south west people and environment

Very backward and primitive people where the Gov Amosun was commissioning a 3 rooms primary school class rooms

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
That's not 09 it's 06, look well. The difference must be 18, since it's 180, runway numbering requires that you roundoff to the nearest 10. 24-06 = 18

Jakumo:

4 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by NGpatriot: 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
[s]
greatiyk4u:

Unfortunately, no state in South west can boast of any critical infrastructure built by the state, except Lagos that is the headquarters of Nigeria people's IGR sweat,

If any just name it.....
My stay in Ijebu East LG of Ogun state opened my eyes to the media deception and description of the south west people and environment

Very backward and primitive people where the Gov Amosun was commissioning a 3 rooms primary school class rooms
[/s]

Not interested in your rubbish..

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) / "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman / List Of Nationalities In The Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.