Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) (45725 Views)

Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / Two Airliners Land Side By Side On Parallel Runways In California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by LILTJAY: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
Victorclean1:

Misplacement of priority. Few Ibos hawk to make both end meet. From Hawking to business, from business to millionaire.

What about muntulas from Yoruba and hausa/fulani that block every pediatrician bridges , and bustops very dirty n begging for money.

Hawking ibo man is a hustler. Better to hustle than to beg. Laziness is inherent with Afunja

you must be a fool grin so igbos that hawk garden egg and groundnut, earphones, toothpick and cotton buds, etc.. will turn millionaires lol.. they can only turn millionaires when the push drugs like you people do grin I have never met a yoruba begger in another state bros
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Verysmart101: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
TripleOh7:

So, just as the whites colonized Africa, Igbos are trying to colonize Yoruba, abi?

When I said Fulanis and Igbos have a lot in common, some disagreed with me.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to properly colonize and develop your own space first before thinking of colonizing others?

Oga pls if u can't understand simple sentence,return back to UBE.How are igbos trying to colonize yorubas if I may ask?
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
Wawoo...
This one don carry RPG come stick fight.
Why you de vex for me, I no follow buy properties for Lagos

TripleOh7:

You guys have an over-bloated sense of self worth. It's not a pretty sight.

Go and gather data in Lagos and come and tell us how many buildings exactly Igbos own in Lagos state.

In your mind like that, Igbos own majority of the buildings in Lagos state, yeah? Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
Wawoo!
Everybody's just shocking me today

t2luv1:

What ever you are smoking I want some of it. How many runway does that airport has? Answer one. Hart-field in Atlanta which is the world busiest airport has a total of 6 runways, 3 landings and 3 takeoff. You are confusing taxi ways with runways.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by care4you: 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
Willie's first son and not . Man u are cashing out real big in this administration.
Ur papa whisky Willie Obiakpo has anointed ur mouth & stomach with oil & ur hands,account with sensitive papers.

Pls show us d run way on ground & not this downloaded pix and d livescore u posted there. We need livematch i.e what is on ground & not grammar.
Anambra Amaka.
The Light of the Nation; my beloved state of d land of d rising sun, Unubi Nnewi South LGA precisely.

wow! my brother is on this forum!

I bu onye nkwukwo, isiokwe, etitinabo maobu akwuchukwu?

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
Wawoo...
This one don carry RPG come stick fight.
Why you de vex for me, I no follow buy properties for Lagos

Oh well, I guess I was heavy handed there.

I get carried away sometimes.

Apologies.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Empiree: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
industrial parks will create more jobs and wconomic activities than aiport.... ogun dont need one... lagos is there...
Yeah ibadan has an international airport
actually airport creates jobs. People are gonna work there, isn't?

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
There are no airports built by any south west states, all the airports in southwest are all federal government airport, chai.. This is sofistication
Must you people turn everything into a tribal war?

You should all grow up.. angry

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
of what benefit will the airport be to them? Why will ogun state build an airport when her people can use lagos airport. Ibadan has an airport..
What those states should build is industrial parks like that of agbara and not some airport of nosignificantce
Ignorant mind take your time and watch one of the industrial parks in Anambra State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jB295tCIw

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hello guys
A new solidarity movement was created for Nigerian youths by Nigerian youths
Quote me to show your interest
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Lionnation: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Must you people turn everything into a tribal war?

You should all grow up.. angry
you should be telling that to your Yoruba urchins in this forum, they got me this time,
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by unite4real: 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106672255:

Anambra Airport was 100% Financed by Anambra state government.

It actually belongs to Anambra State government but not 100% financed by the government,,

"The project is estimated to cost more than USD2 billion and will be developed through a partnership between the Anambra State Government, Orient Petroleum Resources and Elite International Investments. Elite International Investments will provide all funds under a build, operate, manage and transfer agreement".

https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/newairports/umueri-cargo-airport
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
unite4real:

It actually belongs to Anambra State government but not 100% financed by the government,,

"The project is estimated to cost more than USD2 billion and will be developed through a partnership between the Anambra State Government, Orient Petroleum Resources and Elite International Investments. Elite International Investments will provide all funds under a build, operate, manage and transfer agreement".

The agreement didn't workout between Anambra state government and the Chinese firm, they pulled out from the agreement before commencement of the project, it was financed 100% by Anambra state government.

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by NGArmyTerrorist: 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

And Anambra Airport belongs to Anambra?
This is why I called you guys Illiterate Peoples of Biafra.
No, it belongs to you and your village people! Or you want to claim it and give credit to your TERROIST govt of the day?

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by NGArmyTerrorist: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

And Anambra Airport belongs to Anambra?
This is why I called you guys Illiterate Peoples of Biafra.
Noooooooooooo, it belongs to you and your village people! Or you want to claim it and give credit to your TERROIST govt of the day?

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
care4you:

wow! my brother is on this forum!

I bu onye nkwukwo, isiokwe, etitinabo maobu akwuchukwu?

Nnukwu ada eji eje mba, abum onye amanguma na etitinabo Unubi okweagu.
I am soooooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyy to ve meet my beloved sister on dis forum.

My mood right now....

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
val56:

Greetings bro from another mother
This monika is from Unubi too
Glad to meet you here
Waoooo, i am soooooo happyyyy to meet u on dis forum. How re u bro?

I am from Amanguma in Etitinabo community Unubi okweagu be nnaa and u?

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by StanislausWeCan(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2021
Every thread on nairaland has been turned into an ethnic or religious banter among the people. And that is what the politicians like us to be doing,creating enemnity among ourselves.
Who do us this things?
Enough should be enough for this online bashing and pull down syndrome. Its high time we reason as Nigerians and human beings.
#WECAN
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
you should be telling that to your Yoruba urchins in this forum, they got me this time,
Am not a Yoruba..

Am Igbo..

From Anambra..

And that others are bigots..

Doesn't mean you have to be one..
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Victorclean1: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
you must be a fool grin so igbos that hawk garden egg and groundnut, earphones, toothpick and cotton buds, etc.. will turn millionaires lol.. they can only turn millionaires when the push drugs like you people do grin I have never met a yoruba begger in another state bros

Hahaha, this guy just need bilateral orchiectomy.Yoruba people don't like traveling, and it deranged their brain to imbecilic levels.

Traveling creates experience, experience creates wisdom and wisdom is the ultimate.
No wonder 90% of Yoruba people reason with their scrotal epididymis and not brain.

Oga travel to get sense. Don't limit your capabilities. Don't cause stress to your heart bro. Accept the fact

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
Myhusband:

Dr sam that still reason like illiterate. PhD in your dream oponu people in majority
. My dear stop taking things too personal & serious on dis forum so that u don't cause urself hbp,harm,heart attack here.

I normally login here to read news,learn from others and catch fun no matter d topic/news that is on board also d jibe,banter thrown at me,my race etc.
Be calming down Mr. Husband greet ur wife for me.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by LILTJAY: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
Victorclean1:

Hahaha, this guy just need bilateral orchiectomy.Yoruba people don't like traveling, and it deranged their brain to imbecilic levels.

Traveling creates experience, experience creates wisdom and wisdom is the ultimate.
No wonder 90% of Yoruba people reason with their scrotal epididymis and not brain.

Oga travel to get sense. Don't limit your capabilities. Don't cause stress to your heart bro. Accept the fact
yorubas travel to advanced and developed places.. go to north america, europe and Australia and you will see thousands of Yorubas there living and doing their thing.. we dont just like travelling to cursed places like your south East grin
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by unite4real: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106676569:

The agreement didn't workout between Anambra state government and the Chinese firm, they pulled out from the agreement before commencement of the project, it was financed 100% by Anambra state government.

ok, i actually didn't know this. thanks

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by greatiyk4u(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
Solatium:

Are you back at your eldorado now?
i mean your village where the tallest multistory building is the palm trees.
we no kúkú invite una,let us enjoy our 3 room school in peace.

But stay back in your land dock villages.
Thank u grin

Incoherent gibberish
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by tigerleggs(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106669502:
Abuja, Lagos, Kano and Port Harcourt were built by FG

The second longest runway in Nigeria was built by Anambra state government, remember Anambra Airport runway have 2 Raser 06 and 24 of 1Km at each end making 5.7km that plane can land at both end of the runway, which doesn't exist in any airport in the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHIqUsWtrY
It is called Runaway End Safety Areas ( RESA) not Raser. Can't wait to fly thru Anambra
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by tigerleggs(m): 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
Jakumo:

This is a minor point, but the pictures published here show two different runways, and NOT opposite ends of the same runway. By ICAO convention, Runway 09 faces due east, while Runway 27 faces due west.

It is not possible for one end of the same runway to be designated as 09, and the other as 24. The runway heading at both ends of the same runway always face compass directions that differ from each other by exactly180 degrees.
It's actually 06 and 24 which is correct runway designation.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by t2luv1: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106674916:

Anambra is forth largest economy in Nigeria After Lagos, Abuja and Rivers state, watchout you will understand soon

I was this close to agreeing with you then I remember that half of Anambra people are in Amuwo Odofin area in LAGOS STATE. According to Wall Street Journal these are the 3 big states in Nigeria in terms of their GDP
1. Lagos
2. Rivers
3, Ogun State (Proximity to Lagos)
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by t2luv1: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
MI6Surveillance:
cheesy

Afonja is crying. When was the airport built that you are already expecting returns?

Just take note that Anambra international airport shall be the busiest airport in Nigeria aside Abuja and Lagos international airports

I was just asking critical questions that were supposed to have been asked before spending money on a project. I see that you like to label people without contradicting or debating on an intellectual level.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by MI6Surveillance: 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
No one owes a bitter frustrated envious fellow like you any answer here. Go to your useless incompetent governor and seek for the answers why your home state is useless worthless and backward

t2luv1:
I was just asking critical questions that were supposed to have been asked before spending money on a project. I see that you like to label people without contradicting or debating on an intellectual level.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by t2luv1: 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
unite4real:

Please tell me that was a typo error. $2B Dollars !!!!!. I think your Anambra government got taken to the cleaners. The newly built international terminal in Atlanta cost $588m. Do you have any idea how much $2B is . Nigeria total annual revenue from oil is $12B which is 90% of total Federal government revenue. Get outta of here I ain't buying that $2B crap.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106669109:
These are the longest Airport runways in Nigeria.
OP, your statistics is not correct.Victor Attah international airport in Uyo has a runway length of 3600m and it's not found in your chat.Go for more research!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suspected Ritualist Causes Serious Accident Driving One Way (Video) / Man's Car Crashes Into A Range Rover, He Survives / "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.