Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,075 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... (893 Views)

Review My App I Built From Scratch / My React Single Page For Small Start Up Business (Request Web App - No Backend ) / Please Review My Price comparison engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2021
I created it just for practice. with HTML SASS JavaScript BOOTSTRAP and REACT

live site : https://deli-foods-resturant.netlify.app

github repo : https://github.com/ahmedsaniadamu/React-resturant-website
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by QuantumR: 2:23am On Oct 13, 2021
You tried but do work on padding.
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by Nobody: 3:40am On Oct 13, 2021
Nice. But I think marquee was depreciated for a reason...
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by valzey(m): 7:50am On Oct 13, 2021
Also try using react typescript for your next project.
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 8:48am On Oct 13, 2021
Rgade:
Nice. But I think marquee was depreciated for a reason...

it is not a marquee..it is CSS animation
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:

it is not a marquee..it is CSS animation
I know but it’s the same effect and that’s why marquee was depreciated.
Scrolling text is regarded as bad UX.
Other than that the project is really nice.
Very nice folder structure too.
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2021
Rgade:
I know but it’s the same effect and that’s why marquee was depreciated. Scrolling text is regarded as bad UX. Other than that the project is really nice. Very nice folder structure too.

Thanks! I will avoid that in all my upcoming projects. thank you for your positive review..

1 Like

Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by airsaylongcome: 11:49am On Oct 13, 2021
Rgade:

I know but it’s the same effect and that’s why marquee was depreciated.
Scrolling text is regarded as bad UX.
Other than that the project is really nice.
Very nice folder structure too.

Deprecated not Depreciated

1 Like

Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Deprecated not Depreciated
Correction taken.

2 Likes

Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by airsaylongcome: 11:54am On Oct 13, 2021
Rgade:

Correction taken.

I'm impressed. A lot of people would have taken offense when none was meant. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by Rincrys: 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
Good job OP, but work on your margin and padding, your sizing too.
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
Rincrys:
Good job OP, but work on your margin and padding, your sizing too.

is the margins to much? like where ?
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:26am On Oct 14, 2021
Honestly, try creating projects from designs. I have advised this severally. You also need to work very hard on your CSS. Learn to use paddings and max widths. Also, learn to scale images appropriately.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by airsaylongcome: 12:39am On Oct 14, 2021
Why did you choose green?

Your Burger Menu, I don't know what the consensus is, but I would list those menu Right justified (or whatever it is called in UI design). It's a bit of a drag going to the top right to press the menu and swinging eyes left for its content
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by bet9ja(m): 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Honestly, try creating projects from designs. I have advised this severally. You also need to work very hard on your CSS. Learn to use paddings and max widths. Also, learn to scale images appropriately.

Please @poster. Kindly take this quoted advise seriously. Especially "creating projects from designs".
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by Bigshoe2028: 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
First cpu intense web apps JavaScript is not the right choice , padding and margin work on them , the css marquee effect was cool
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by efelico: 1:33am On Oct 15, 2021
Bigshoe2028:
First cpu intense web apps JavaScript is not the right choice , padding and margin work on them , the css marquee effect was cool

Boss can you please why JavaScript is not a right choice for CPU intense web app. Also what are should someone use instead of JavaScript

1 Like

Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by Bigshoe2028: 7:38am On Oct 15, 2021
efelico:

Boss can you please why JavaScript is not a right choice for CPU intense web app. Also what are should someone use instead of JavaScript

Because of the asynchronous natural of js and js runs in a single thread

200 people using a service that is waiting to write something to db and other functions that runs regardless of others waiting ur website will be slow ,

It has fix but other languages can do it out of box

Php and python and a lot of others

But I know that soon js will solve it coz js on server is still growing
Re: Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... by efelico: 9:38am On Oct 15, 2021
Bigshoe2028:

Because of the asynchronous natural of js and js runs in a single thread

200 people using a service that is waiting to write something to db and other functions that runs regardless of others waiting ur website will be slow ,

It has fix but other languages can do it out of box

Php and python and a lot of others

But I know that soon js will solve it coz js on server is still growing

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

My First Day With Node Js (I Made My Own Database System) / Summation Of Columns / So You Want To Become A Programmer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.