Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,306 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy (12950 Views)

Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy / Birthday, Christmas And Mawlid Celebration In The Light Of Islam / Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by Lukgaf(m): 7:23am On Oct 15, 2021
It's the month of Rabbiul awwal and starting from next week, people across Nigeria will be celebrating Mawlid Nabiyy - some will celebrate it till after Ramadan. In essence, they have turned this into a celebration of some sort. Meanwhile, Our prophet when he was alive did not celebrate his day of birth nor was he celebrated by his Sahaba after his demise. So what's now our problem of doing what he and his companions did not do?

Below are some reasons why you should not join them in celebrating Mawlid Nabiyy culled from Omar Faroouq's Islamic page.

1. "Milad" (birthday) is not in Islamic shariah, it was later introduced by the Shia Fatimd in Egypt.

2. Historians differed about the date of birth of Prophet Muhammod (s.a.w.s). Some said it's Ramadan, some in Shaban and some in Rabiul awwal.

3. Birthday celebrations have pagan roots, celebrating birthday is not allowed at all in Islam.

4. The celebration is neither from sunnah nor Qur'an. Anything that is not part of these two can not be part of islam.

5. Prophet s.a.w.s said, "stick to my sunnah and the sunnah of my rightly guided caliphs, beware of newly invented matters, for every new matter is a Bid'ah and every Bid'ah is misleading." (Trimidhi 2676).

6. Allah says in surah Al Maidah,ayah 3. "This day, I have perfected your religion for you." when Islam is perfect and complete, then who gave the authority to these people to introduce new concepts in Islam?

7. Celebrating 'Milaad' is the imitation of Christians and Jews. Jews celebrate the birthday of Uzair, while Christians celebrate the birthday of Isa (A.s).

8. Prophet Muhammod (s.a.w.s) said, " Whoever imitates a sect or people becomes one of them". (Abu Dawood).

9. Prophet Muhammod also said, "be different from Mushrikeen (the Unbelievers)." (Sahih muslim).

10. Prophet Muhammad(s.a.w.s) again said, "Do not exaggerate in praising me".
Wa Allahu Ahlam.

I Pray Allah increase our Eeman and guide us to the right path. Aameen

In addition, with respect to the above Hadith "The Prophet ( ﷺ ) said: "Whoever innovates into this affair of ours something that we have not commanded it is to be rejected"

The key concept here is innovation in acts of worship (bid'a — بدعة). One of the things that distinguish Islam from other religions is that we have the sources of Islam (the Qur'an and Sunnah) that tell us the best way to worship Allah.

We can't make up new ways to worship Allah. If we did, it would imply a few things that contradict some of the core beliefs of Islam:

1) That Islam is imperfect or incomplete. But the Qur'an says (part of Surat Al-Ma'idah [5:3]):

This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.

2) That we know better than the Prophet how to worship Allah or that the Prophet failed to teach Islam to us??

3) That the sahabah, tabi'een and tabi' tabi'een did not practice Islam as well as we do.
But the Prophet ( peace be upon him ) said: "The best generation is my generation, then those that follow them, then those that follow them."

Since all three propositions are clearly false, we must conclude that one should not make new ways to worship Allah.

Now that this is clear, let's take the example of the birthday of the Prophet.

Firstly, there is no evidence whatsoever that he celebrated his birthday. If it was good to celebrate his birthday, he would have done so himself.

Second, the generations after the Prophet did not celebrate it. If the Prophet muhammmad ( pbuh ) said that they are the best generation after his and they did not celebrate it, are we better than them?

Third, there's the practical issue: there is not consensus on the actual date — there is only scant evidence that it was actually on the 12th of Rabi' al Awwal — so we may actually be celebrating on the wrong day. We don't even have a range (like, say, laylatul qadr).

Anas ibn Maalik (ra) said: "The Prophet (saw) arrived in Madeenah while people were celebrating two particular festivals, so he asked: “What is (the significance of) these two days?” Some people replied: ‘They are days which we used to celebrate during the pre-Islamic era.’ So the Messenger replied: “Allaah has replaced them for you with two days which are better, the day of ‘Eed Al-Fitr and ‘Eed Al-Adh-haa”" [Abu Daawood].

This statement of Prophet Muhammad (saw) has made it clear that in Islam we only have two festivals, which are Eed Al-Fitr and Eed Al Adh-haa and there is no other festival apart from these two festivals for we Muslims to celebrate and NO MATTER what names we give to others festivals apart from Eed Al-Fitr and Eed Al Adhaa, it could be New Year of Gregorian calendar (1 January ) or New Year of Hijri calendar (1 Muharram ) or Christmas or Maulud Nabi or Easter or Chinese New Year, etc all these festivals are forbidden for Muslims to celebrate.

Allah says ”If anyone contends with the Prophet (saw) even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him and follows a path other than that of the believers, we shall leave him in the path he has chosen and land him in Hell, what an evil destination (Surah An-Nisa 115 ).

May Allah grant us the understanding of His religion.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by AntiChristian: 8:04am On Oct 15, 2021
Alhamdulillah!

I no dey celebrate birthdays as Islam states!

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by 2468iyajo(m): 8:08am On Oct 15, 2021
Thank you for reminder, and also i want to ask question. My question is, is't good to say happy friday on every fridays?
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by Lukgaf(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2021
2468iyajo:
Thank you for reminder, and also i want to ask question. My question is, is't good to say happy friday on every fridays?

It is good not to say it ma

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by motayoayinde: 9:07am On Oct 15, 2021
JAZAAKALLAH

FULL SCALE IMITATION OF CORRUPT CULTURES WILL ONLY CORRUPT YOUR CULTURE.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by 2468iyajo(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2021
Lukgaf:

It is good not to say it ma
am confused

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by talk2hb1(m): 9:02am On Oct 19, 2021
Lukgaf:

Firstly, there is no evidence whatsoever that he celebrated his birthday. If it was good to celebrate his birthday, he would have done so himself.

May Allah grant us the understanding of His religion.
Monday Fasting what did prophet says about it?
He said he does fast on Monday because he was born on Monday, is that not enough that he recognize his birthday?
Go understand the meaning of Celebration lipsrsealed
Importantly we are appreciating what Allah term as ...Mercy To The Universe
...And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds." (Quran: 21:106-107)

Don't Be Ungrateful to Your Lord, Celebrate Mawludi Nabiyi.

Which of Your Lords Mercy Will you Deny (Quran.55:13)

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by Empiree: 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
RightChannel:
You don't have to celebrate him, I don't see anything worthy of celebrating in the life of muhammad
Gbagaun!

If you (op and others) dont appreciate your prophet, if you pull him down, keferi will help you defame him. I honestly dont know what's always wrong with some of you Muslims always argue unnecessarily about Mawlid. Shouldn't you guys have let go unnecessary mawlid antagonism?. Mawlid Nabi is here to stay and its special day granted by Nigerian authority. Why do you worry yourselves every year about mawlid?. If you dont celebrate it, fine, but why must you always come out to relegate the joy and happiness at the birth anniversary of the best of mankind?. Sallah llah alai wasalam.

If you keep doing this you will keep getting response like this from this non-muslims. If you are not invited to mawlid simply dont go. There are 1001 practices that you do that are not prescribed by nabi. Let go of this nonsense debate and argument every year. Mawlid is here to stay. Is it that you want govt to cancel it before you realize you err?. In a country where Islam is being dragged in the mud and Muhammad(SAW) is painted RED, you people still help these keferi by proving them right that he is not worthy to celebrate. E beru Olohun fa

Those who celebrate and those who dont have their reasons. Let everyone stays in thier lane. You have been criticizing and condemning Mawlid for years but this year Mawlid celebration was incredibly buoyant which means your antagonism is not effective a bit.

"Say: In the bounty of Allah and in His mercy: therein let them rejoice. It is better than what they hoard" Sura 10 vs 58

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by RightChannel: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2021
Empiree:
Gbagaun!

If you (op and others) dont appreciate your prophet, if you pull him down, keferi will help you defame him. I honestly dont know what's always wrong with some of you Muslims always argue unnecessarily about Mawlid. Shouldn't you guys have let go unnecessary mawlid antagonism?. Mawlid Nabi is here to stay and its special day granted by Nigerian authority. Why do you worry yourselves every year about mawlid?. If you dont celebrate it, fine, but why must you always come out to relegate the joy and happiness at the birth anniversary of the best of mankind?. Sallah llah alai wasalam.

If you keep doing this you will keep getting response like this from this non-muslims. If you are not invited to mawlid simply dont go. There are 1001 practices that you do that are not prescribed by nabi. Let go of this nonsense debate and argument every year. Mawlid is here to stay. Is it that you want govt to cancel it before you realize you err?. In a country where Islam is being dragged in the mud and Muhammad(SAW) is painted RED, you people still help these keferi by proving them right that he is not worthy to celebrate. E beru Olohun fa

Those who celebrate and those who dont have their reasons. Let everyone stays in thier lane. You have been criticizing and condemning Mawlid for years but this year Mawlid celebration was incredibly buoyant which means your antagonism is not effective a bit.

"Say: In the bounty of Allah and in His mercy: therein let them rejoice. It is better than what they hoard" Sura 10 vs 58

Do you know Islam more than the OP? if not because of him that is making this your room lively every Friday, this section would have turn to a desert. Is the OP too a "keferi"? You and your second I won't mention his name always love fighting with one Babahakemat everytime and you're from the same Islam, is that what you inherited from Muhammad? The OP condemning celebrating muhammad you sit down there typing rubbish with your keyboard as if you know Islam more than the OP. You this keferi master calling someone a keferi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by Empiree: 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2021
RightChannel:

Do you know Islam more than the OP? if not because of him that is making this your room lively every Friday, this section would have turn to a desert. Is the OP too a "keferi"? You and your second I won't mention his name always love fighting with one Babahakemat everytime and you're from the same Islam, is that what you inherited from Muhammad? The OP condemning celebrating muhammad you sit down there typing rubbish with your keyboard as if you know Islam more than the OP. You this keferi master calling someone a keferi
You are not important jare

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by Falseprofet2: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2021
embarassed

Leave fanaticism christians and muslims
Embrace progress and education

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by ntyce(m): 10:36am On Oct 22, 2021
Lukgaf Mr kill-joy, I knew it was gonna be you again...
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by madridguy(m): 10:39am On Oct 22, 2021
If Rosululahi PBUH his alive today, many Muslim faithful will be showing him loads of gift on his birthday.
If Allah Azzal wajal and HIS messenger PBUH didn't make celebrating HIS birthday Haram nothing the enemies of Rosululah PBUH will say that will make we his lovers to stop celebrating him.

Allahumo soli Ala Muhammad Nobbiyyi Kareem. Aamin

Happy birthday Yah Rosululah
Happy Mawloud to all the lovers of Abu Fatima SAW.

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by yrex01(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2021
I'm sure they ain't swearing or constitute nuisance that day. so far it's all bout remembering of the holy prophet (SAW) I don't think it's nothing bad.

happy jummat guys !

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by yrex01(m): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2021
ElasticStone:
The religion of terrorists are at it again shocked

Just even look at the spelling of the subject matter… very confusing and off looking word
the most intolerance set of people at it again. may you find peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by homies100: 10:41am On Oct 22, 2021
Dear op,
I don't have problem with the topic, but Islam is battling so many challenges now, this mawlud nabiyy issue has been lingering for long, can we just allow those that want to celebrate mawlud do that in peace. The major challenge of Islam now should be 'how to eradicate this terrorists claiming to be Muslims . We all need to speak in one voice and condemn this, to me mawlud nabiyy issue is trivial compare to the issue on ground. Thanks

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2021
grin grin I still Wonder how can one be so desperate in trying to Live out his Entire Life according to the ideals of another person, someone you’ve never met before someone you don’t Really Know is telling you how to Live life and you are following him Blindly. Sha it could never be Me . grin

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by lifenija: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2021
somebody will now blow him self up now just cuz he she doesn't like mawlid

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by Hafeexla(m): 10:47am On Oct 22, 2021
These same one who criticize the celebration of these event will be fantasizing about the hip of a woman and the volumous of the breast, yet they will be here asking telling you don't celebrate these and that.

People of these caliber are the highest hypocrite I have ever met in my life. Be and let be, why must you condemn everything despite the fact that you are not close to been perfect.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by RightChannel: 10:47am On Oct 22, 2021
Empiree:
You are not important jare

And are you important? Instead to come up with topic that will inspired people about Islam all you knw is to be fighting with your fellow Muslim on almost daily basis and to commend the guy (OP) that is doing it for you every Friday yet you are condemning him.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by Purepen: 10:47am On Oct 22, 2021
I pray those preferring self desires to the command of ALLAH and the PROPHET, would repent.
Thanks to the writer. Jazakumllah khaeran Jaza

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by madridguy(m): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2021
The OP don't know much as you think than going to Indo- Pakistan pages to copy and paste here.

RightChannel:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by yahmohy27: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2021
2468iyajo:
am confused
Not good to say it.
May Allah guide us and forgive us
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by Hash86(m): 10:51am On Oct 22, 2021
Op jazakhalahu bikhairi
One good thing about true ahlussunna is they always support their argument with Quran and hadith while the ahlul bidiat always beat around the bush

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:53am On Oct 22, 2021
madridguy:
If Rosululahi PBUH his alive today, many Muslim faithful will be showing him loads of gift on his birthday.
If Allah Azzal wajal and HIS messenger PBUH didn't make celebrating HIS birthday Haram nothing the enemies of Rosululah PBUH will say that will make we his lovers to stop celebrating him.

Allahumo soli Ala Muhammad Nobbiyyi Kareem. Aamin

Happy birthday Yah Rosululah
Happy Mawloud to all the lovers of Abu Fatima SAW.
you're a Yoruba muslim I guess

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy by matthew080: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2021
Ya sheikh ,pls what is ur position regarding pos business,thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo / Ramadan: Muslims In Nigeria To Commence Fasting Tomorrow / Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.