Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only (35664 Views)

How I Spend My 63k Monthly Salary Yet I Am Tagged A Bad Boyfriend / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
I earn 25k monthly,i use almost of it to buy food, and to fill my gas

Before 20th of the month, all the foodstuffs would be consumed, i will have to go on to borrow money to eat before the end of the month

Now the issue here is that My parent do ask me every time if I'm suffering from spirituality complications why i don't save for almost 3 years now I've been working, i tried to explain to them that the money is use to buy food

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore

And in Nigeria where there is no job security,they can fire me from work anytime, how will i leave work without no saving and will still go home eating mama's food

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save

This is not a life i wanted, help me guys

I'm not getting younger,now I'm planning to start some online business, buy a pos and do some stuff to earn me money monthly, so anytime i live this work i can rely oncry

Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

This is not a typical me, before Buhari' s administration, talking about 2015,i do save alot of money even those time i earn meager 10k monthly, even that time i have gf, friends

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
Truly men are really facing a lot to meet their financial needs,but you didn't state the cut for olosho,why did you hide that aspect? You see most of these present day young men ehn,even if they receive 10naira monthly they will still cut olosho own aside like 3naira from the 10naira and tell their parents they are receiving 7naira as salary.

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by chatinent: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
Before 20th of the month, all the foodstuffs would be consumed, i will have to go on to borrow money to eat before the end of the month
It is because there is sb you believe who is always willing to lend you.

Now the issue here is that My parent do ask me every time if I'm suffering from spirituality complications why i don't save for almost 3 years now I've been working, i tried to explain to them that the money is use to buy food
Na food you come this life come chop? Ị kpebiri igbu onwe gị, chukwu nnam ehhh!

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them
At a point in my life, I was paying my rents, bills, had a brother staying with me and I was paid ₦12k monthly. I had no one to lend me money.

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore cry

Hello my brother,
I will not lie to you, neither will I mince words nor patronise you...thank God on Sunday I sha don't know you in person. cry

If the company provides accommodation for you...which translates that you don't pay rents, ekwesiri iji ntu kukasiagi isi!

I am not saying ₦25k is too big...but damn it, I read a post of a noble man here who is married and probably with kids now surviving on ₦35k monthly...ginwa họọrọ ịbụ onye na -eri oké nri. I don't think it's even because you wallow in gluttony...onu uto akugbola gi!

What nonsense! What akpiridacity!

If you aren't Igbo to understand what I am typing, na your problem.

I am catering for four of my siblings staying with me with nobody to borrow from, or an extra hand. The key is buying things in bulk. Avoid onu uto! Learn to drink water while you eat...eat small, drink water small! Six wraps of fufu does not mean you have made it in life...people eating two haven't died finish! Hapu umu agbogho!! cry

Better diverse your income and stop living a scavenger life or start making a scale of preference before ma pata gi aka.

Lalasticlala, come and carry your brother before I lose my temper.

Well, I'll add more things since you decided to update the thread with the below:
Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

This is not a typical me, before Buhari' s administration, talking about 2015,i do save alot of money even those time i earn meager 10k monthly, even that time i have gf, friends
You need to stop depending on one source of income then!

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
Truly men are really facing a lot to meet their financial needs,but you didn't state the cut for olosho,why did you hide that aspect? You see most of these present day young men ehn,even if they receive 1naira monthly they will still cut olosho own aside like 10kobo from the 1naira and tell their parents they are receiving 50kobo as salary.

Bro, i don't have gf, or friends or have any reason to visit parents, cos i know money do go through such process of having such people around

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

Bro, i don't have gf, or friends or have any reason to visit parents, cos i know money do go through such process of having such people around
We are still on the same page,you can't keep a girlfriend with this salary hence the reason you patronize olosho.Don't be shy to admit it,its a faceless forum.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by lilvicky68(m): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2021
The solution to your problem is to stop borrowing..even if it means going hungry, eating once a day or fasting every first week of the month..

Try as much to save 5k every month..

Buy rice instead..

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by wunmi590(m): 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2021

This is serious oooo.

But even if its 5k monthly, you should be able to save, why would you use the whole of 25k to eat every month without transportation and monthly or weekly internet subscription......

Are you a glutton?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2021
lilvicky68:
The solution to your problem is to stop borrowing..even if it means going hungry, eating once a day or fasting every first week of the month..

Try as much to save 5k every month..
bad advise, please don't take this advise.Please eat well and pray for a better job.May fortune smile on you sooner than you expect

223 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Apart from feeding, do you pay bills?
I Know rent is out of it.

Since you're not paying rent, you can manage 20k for feeding and be saving 5k.
I know it's not easy but just try. Then see if you can get a side hustle to support.

15 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by lilvicky68(m): 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
bad advise, please don't take this advise.Please eat well and pray for a better job.May fortune smile on you sooner than you expect
So he should continue eating his savings??

When some people are surviving on 15k monthly..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by lilvicky68(m): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
Truly men are really facing a lot to meet their financial needs,but you didn't state the cut for olosho,why did you hide that aspect? You see most of these present day young men ehn,even if they receive 10naira monthly they will still cut olosho own aside like 3naira from the 10naira and tell their parents they are receiving 7naira as salary.
Why are you so interested in how much he spends for olosho..

Or do you offer cheaper rates?? grin

144 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by chatinent: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
Mercychen:
H

You dey H too?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
wunmi590:

This is serious oooo.

But even if its 5k monthly, you should be able to save, why would you use the whole of 25k to eat every month without transportation and monthly or weekly internet subscription......

Are you a glutton?

grin

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them'(
What ideas have you had in the past on how you can maybe change your situation. undecided

3 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
chatinent:

It is because there is sb you believe who is always willing to lend you.

Na food you come this life come chop? Ị kpebiri igbu onwe gị, chukwu nnam ehhh!

At a point in my life, I was paying my rents, bills, had a brother staying with me and I was paid ₦12k monthly. I had no one to lend me money.

Hello my brother,
I will not lie to you, neither will I mince words nor patronise you...thank God on Sunday I sha don't know you in person. cry

If the company provides accommodation for you...which translates that you don't pay rents, ekwesiri iji ntu kukasiagi isi!

I am not saying ₦25k is too big...but damn it, I read a post of a noble man here who is married and probably with kids now surviving on ₦35k monthly...ginwa họọrọ ịbụ onye na -eri oké nri. I don't think it's even because you wallow in gluttony...onu uto akugbola gi!

What nonsense! What akpiridacity!

If you aren't Igbo to understand what I am typing, na your problem.

I am catering for four of my siblings staying with me with nobody to borrow from, or an extra hand. The key is buying things in bulk. Avoid onu uto! Learn to drink water while you eat...eat small, drink water small! Six wraps of fufu does not mean you have made it in life...people eating two haven't died finish! Hapu umu agbogho!! cry

Better diverse your income and stop living a scavenger life or start making a scale of preference before ma pata gi aka.

Lalasticlala, come and carry your brother before I lose my temper.

At a point in my life, I was paying my rents, bills, had a brother staying with me and I was paid ₦12k monthly. I had no one to lend me money

bros you claimed at some point in ur life, u were paying ur rents, bills,u even had a brother staying with u and u were still been paid ₦12k monthly and u still had no one to lend u money

are u talking about when Nigeria have Buhari as a president undecided

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by JOACHINpedro: 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
Get a rich girlfriend

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by chatinent: 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

bros you claimed at some point in ur life, u were paying ur rents, bills,u even had a brother staying with u and u were still been paid ₦12k monthly and u still had no one to lend u money

are u talking about when Nigeria have Buhari as a president undecided
You dey talk am as if Buhari don comot. Suffer still dey score me 4-0 kuma now now.

3 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Ayo081(m): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
OP it won't be bad thing if you don't go borrowing (provided you also don't take of your younger ones, parents or gamble).

Now it's bad because you do borrow.

Why not start cooking always and stop eating outside.

Also na your money you fit chop am. Probably you need a better paying job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Matheusmartin: 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore

And in Nigeria where there is no job security,they can fire me from work anytime, how will i leave work without no saving and will still go home eating mama's food

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save

This is not a life i wanted, help me guys

I'm not getting younger,now I'm planning to start some online business, buy a pos and do some stuff to earn me money monthly, so anytime i live this work i can rely oncry

lalasticlala seun
Get an additional source of money.

It is practically impossible to survive on a 25k salary in this boohariii regime.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Omoluabi16(m): 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
You can't live on 25k, much more make some savings out of it. Best you hope for and actually see better days.. a better job.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by wunmi590(m): 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

grin

See as I dey look you

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Sonnobax15(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
lipsrsealed
This country en..

But the truth na be say even piggy bank self no go fit save money from that your salary because 25k now dey very much equivalent to #2500 of before 2015 lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by AMAUCHESKY(m): 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hmm
My
Wife
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by justking(m): 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Okay
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by adioolayi(m): 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Just try your best...times are a bit hard for almost everyone

7 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by watmopi: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
No be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by trevorhorace(m): 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
Please what's happening to glo
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by ygowon: 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
benuejosh needs to see the last two paragraphs

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by mightyhaze: 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
My Godu.. can't you do a side hustle..? I know a teacher who earns around that amount,but never touches it.. he sells perfumes and body sprays as side hustle.. makes between 10 and 20k weekly from it. Find a side hustle bro

4 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Fingop: 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
I blame Buhari for this

Worst president of all time

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) / Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) / Banker Who "Sliced" Husband’s joystick & Husband Reconcile[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.