Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) (35683 Views)

Couple Celebrate 27th Wedding Anniversary With Amazing Dance Steps (Pix, Video) / Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / Excited Couple Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary With Doggy Pose Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by MrCover: 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
Update From . COM

A Nigerian couple is being celebrated online as they mark their 60th wedding anniversary today October 14, Reports.

The Couple's son, Sesan Adeboyejo took to his social media handle to celebrate his parents for attaining this great feat.

Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary to my Mum @ Dad
#14Oct1961
#wedding #anniversary
#60th #wedding
#congratulations
#weddingphotography
#weddinginspiration

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=263496849119894&id=100063787417213

97 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by greenie77: 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2021
Rare.....beautiful.

141 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by MrCover: 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2021
See Photos As Obtained By Below:

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Mastakija(m): 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
A year after independence

E no easy cry

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by OVB123: 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
Congrats!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Mrkumareze(m): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2021
Wow, the only good news from . Happy happy happy married life

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by illicit(m): 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
Nice one

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Righteousness2(m): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2021
60 Years of Patience with one another
60 yrs of tolerating one another
60 yrs of Love, arguments and Understanding
60 Yrs of togetherness despite all challenges
60 yrs of Glory and Celebration.

I Hope our slay queens and kings are taking note of this.
Sir/ Ma, I Celebrate with you. Thank you for Showing us that it is Possible.

208 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by DontBullshitMe: 4:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
I can't share my space with a single woman for a solid 60 years.

No fam. It means you lack options.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by pocohantas(f): 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
I can't share my space with a single woman for a solid 60 years.

No fam. It means you lack options.

Una dey always get options when young na.

That time sense is not found and gbola is very active. Naso una go dey do like Hitler. Claiming men-are-polygamous-in-nature.

You people forget na una old age dey do strong things pass. Small thing, stroke, kidney failure, diabetes. By that time, all your options (side-chicks) are long gone. You’ll now be blackmailing your virtuous wife into becoming a personal nurse. Reminding you to take your drugs and cooking oilless vegetable soup with plantain swallow.

If God come punish you with woman wey sabi revenge. She would leave you at home and go for omugwo in the US permanently. You will na wear obituary t-shirt and sit in front of your bungalow with a newspaper, watching every movement. One useless redpiller will see you there and come to create thread. “Men take care of yourselves, what I noticed with my neighbour”. The moomoo won’t ask the neighbour how he landed in that situation.

You men won’t give a woman your youth, but when your engine has knocked, you will return home to saddle her with a badly maintained Nigerian used body. Nonsense!

Happy Anniversary to the couple. kiss

248 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Raalsalghul: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2021
pocohantas:

That time sense is not found and gbola is very active. Naso una go dey do like Hitler. Claiming men-are-polygamous-in-nature.

You people forget na una old age dey do strong things pass. Small thing, stroke, kidney failure, diabetes. By that time, all your options (side-chicks) are long gone. You’ll now be blackmailing your virtuous wife into becoming a personal nurse. Reminding you to take your drugs and cooking oilless vegetable soup with plantain swallow.

If God come punish you with woman wey sabi revenge. She would leave you at home and go for omugwo in the US permanently. You will na wear obituary t-shirt and sit in front of your bungalow with a newspaper, watching every movement. One useless redpiller will see you there and come to create thread. “Men take care of yourselves, what I noticed with my neighbour”. The moomoo won’t ask the neighbour how he landed in that situation.

You men won’t give a woman your youth, but when your engine has knocked, you will return home to saddle her with a badly maintained Nigerian used body. Nonsense!

E don do you now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Richy4(m): 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2021
I like that second picture that looked like an Old traditional wedding .... That man's Laugh on that pic was undiluted mingled with love smiley My Respect to you both..It's not easy....

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by greenie77: 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
pocohantas:

Just reminded me of a childhood neighbour of mine then in Lagos, Papa is now in the village while mama went to Dublin for omugwo since 2009 and that was the last her now ex-husband saw her because sometime around 2011 while still in Dublin she requested her birth family to return the bride price papa paid, she no marry again and Papa is very free to move on with his life and very free to go marry the woman he abandoned his family for to go cohabit with in the late 90s.

No young woman in her right senses would want to waste her life on an elderly man living with Osteoarthritis. Papa was really a Pharaoh back then as it was very clear to everyone in the neighbourhood.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Ozedede: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2021
Mrkumareze:
Wow, the only good news from . Happy happy happy married life
Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by naijaddk: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
Oya hit me!
Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
True Love??
Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by CaveAdullam: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
The moment before the sexual revolution unleash and the next wave of feminism.

Such in this millennia will be rare because of many factors like: sexual market deregulation, dating apps, social media, advancement in technology, sociocultural and socioeconomic status. A whole lot of things has really changed in the past 6 decades and expecting such now is futile.

However, such can still be possible if women will put a clip to their hypergamous instinct by becoming very aware of it but stand by a man who is ambitious and grow with him towards his mission. I say women because men are the ideal lovers while women are opportunistic. Men are ready to make the relationship work. But women, are very sensual, and want all that glitters even if they are not gold. (The multitudes of simps, divorce rate etc. authenticates this).

To sustain a long last relationship involves tradeoffs. Regardlessly, until both sexes are able to understand themselves biologically before their personalities, principles, culture, norms, values etc. then both cannot be able to strive together for long.

Thanks.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by BigDawsNet: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
The Marriage patience In the 70s and below seems not to exist anymore...

I pray for all potential couples getting ready to become one ....will hav a long lasting marriage and celebrate many more years anniversary

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Skooltynz: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
Only true love can last this long,not all this artificial love we are practicing nowadays.

Meanwhile unilag and yabatech part-time form is now officially out,so we are here to give you a smooth Ride into Admission if you are interested click the below link to get our contact..

https://www.nairaland.com/6786405/yabatech-partime-form-2021-2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Tony5050(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
H
Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by ATEAMS: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Starz825(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
Na old age loook dey fear me pass..
I don't know why...
I just wish to be forever young..
But na lie he no possible

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by ATEAMS: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
Cooool cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
Chaii, that was when marriage was marriage not what we have this day.
I those days, we would be eager to grow, hustle and then marry. But this day, its all about hustle and hustle until u make it then, gv one girl belle and settle her.
Back in the days when their was no feminism, men were men and boys were boys, but this day u can't different btw boys and men

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by jieta: 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
Wonderful
Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by YourhealthNG2(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by Hemanwel(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
60 years nor be beans oh! This is so far the oldest wedding anniversary I have seen or read about.

Wish I could see this couple and ask them what the secret has been.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only / My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. / Missing Person In Port Harcourt: Who Has Seen This Woman? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.