Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? (14664 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) / Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2011
i'm thinking of settling down can i run a family with 120k.my fiancee doesnt have a job.and i have not been able to get another job.my salary is 1.4milla per Annum after tax

*****my fiance isnt working
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
120k? No na, do you want to die of poverty? Wait till you start earning 120million in a month . . . . then you can get married! cool cool

mtccccccccccchew!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

120k? No na, do you want to die of poverty? Wait till you start earning 120million in a month . . . . then you can get married!  cool  cool

mtccccccccccchew!

pls dont abuse me just tell me how?
i only afraid.i'm the last born and my brothers earn far better than i yet they all complain about money.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2011
Okay . . . because you appear to be truly upset . . .

The key secret is to cut your coat according to your size. You are already comparing yourself to your brothers and you that is wrong. You need to live your own life irrespective of what others are doing.

120k is NOT insufficient to start a family with . . . even if your spouse if not working.

All you have to do is cut all unnecessary expenses, avoid irrelevant luxuries, try and live a modest lifestyle . . don't go buying a car cos Mr. Okeke has one . . or paying for an apartment you can't afford because Mr. Obinna lives in one!

Ones you made a reasonable budget, try and stick to it.

Spend RESPONSIBLY. . .

I'm sure you'll be fine! cool cool

5 Likes

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2011
@ujujoan?
how much do you earn.or better still do you earn more than that
i already have a car and i live in 2bdr
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2011
okay digest wot uju sed poster , u seem to want it all
120 shud cover u guys jus apply a sensible and comfortable budget shikena
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2011
most of my friends earn like 300k per month and are even afraid to marry
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2011
poster now u are giving ursef answers to y u have a serious headache , don get married den wait til God decides to make u earn 1mila a month den u can wed if ur fiance no go mind undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2011
Idowuogbo:

poster now u are giving ursef answers to y u have a serious headache , don get married den wait til God decides to make u earn 1mila a month den u can wed if your fiance no go mind undecided undecided undecided undecided
get me right.i am only being truthful saying my worries 300k is outrageous not to be married.
i'm just thinking of
feeding
house rents
fueling car and gen
miscellaneous
can 120k be enough

plus my fiance isnt used to managing at all she grew up in affluence
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2011
okkk i understand al d utility bills and al, but u just lost me den wen u said your fiance is not used to managing.Emmh one quality u need in a woman is her ability to minimize and utilize funds because when u guys strt to build a unit, i mean with kids involved wud she b thinkin about one head or several heads undecided undecided undecided , u better discuss wot the future holds with the salary  u are currently receiving and analyze how ends are gona meet wiv your current pay pack , but dont relax aim higher in order to relieve your tight budget . wish u luck  sha

2 Likes

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by armyofone(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2011
i think 120k is alright if she is working (i mean then we no go add money for makeup, hair, clothes, shoes, bag etc) for wifey
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by jaybee3(m): 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2011
What's your current monthly expenditure?
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2011
jay bee:

What's your current monthly expenditure?

i spend abt 35k
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by jaybee3(m): 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
85k should be more than enough since you don't have kids to cater for. You just have to continue living the way you currently are, then have a medium term plan (small scale business) for your fiance/wife.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2011
im not married just asking cos im thinking of getting married
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by dayokanu(m): 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2011
If your wife is used to a life of affluence then she should go get a job

2 Likes

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by no1madman(m): 10:59pm On Jun 01, 2011
dayokanu:

Finito!

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by N101: 1:52am On Jun 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 3:00am On Jun 02, 2011
see why many people end up miserable in marriage?!
the OP doesnt think he got what it takes to be married and take care of a wife who wants a big gun (aka big spender) YET he is here trying to find the balls to do it.

as Dayokanu rightly said, if your wife wants a life of luxury then let her go and get a job to provide a second income for your MEAGER (family) salary!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by hunkyjohn(m): 9:27am On Jun 02, 2011
120k is more than enough ONLY if you know hiw to cut your coat according to your size. It's all about you.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 10:28am On Jun 02, 2011
o
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Akan(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2011
that amount is more than enough if u dont have a witc h for a wife. women.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by kboss(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2011
So I take it that your next question will be. 'Can I marry a woman who makes double what i earn a month??".
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by coogar: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2011
evilspirit:

i spend abt 35k

you don't pay house rent?
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by fadhill: 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2011
The truth is not told to this guy. We should know someone's priority and ability to hold home as a man. What if next, God forbit, this salary of his get thinner after marriage. May be he should divorce. Plan on what you have, it may never increase in next 5 years or more and again your expenses will ever climb as a family man. All you need is use your brain. From experience.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by kobikwelu(m): 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2011

So I take it that your next question will be. 'Can I marry a woman who makes double what i earn a month??".

LWKeeMeD!!!!!!

**cleaning tears from eyes**

una no go kee me 4 nairaland
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by randyorton: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2011
@OP,I EARN EXACTLY 120 K PER MONTH.I CAN TELL YOU THAT 120 K IS NOT SUFFICIENT FOR A SINGLE GUY LIKE ME. ITS A PITY THAT your GIRL IS NOT WORKING YET. LIKE SOMEONE SAID,LET HER GO GET A JOB NA.HABA,WHY IS SHE EDUCATED NA? TO DEY PAINT FACE AND WEAR CLOTHES?

dayokanu:

THIRDED
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by GNBohr: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2011
Dear evilspirit, there is something you are not telling yourself. Marriage is not something you do based on your present capability or selfworth but on your capacity to develop and grow. When choosing a partner, it must be one that can support and encourage, not one that expects. Expectations are like time, it is limitless but unlike time can be unrealisable and unreasonable.

If you can not manage 120k per monthe with a woman, I doubt if you will be able to manage 1m per month. Your friends earn more than twice your salary, yet it is not enough to get them married. It is because they set their espectations too high and I doubt if they even have any savings.

Life is about sacrifice and discipline, particularly in how we handle our finances. If you are not disciplined enough in your finances, even with 500k per month you will not be able to cope.

If you want to grow quickly, start a home now on your current income and plan your life and your future with your wife. Your wife may be used to life of affluence because her family can afford it. If she insist on that as a minimum for marriage, then you are in a wrong set up except her family or yours will continue to subsidise your marriage until you find your financial bearing.

Remember, her income has nothing to do with your capability, if you rely on her income be ready to concede a lot of things to her otherwise there will be crises. Her income is to support you not to provide for you and that support must not be an obligation on her.

If you believe you can grow financially, go ahead with your marriage plan but first sit down with your woman and discuss truthfully.

I wish you all the best. Remember, very very few rich men marry rich.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by vaLasce(m): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2011
now now ur fiance aint working,
suddenly she'd start earnin270k.
y all d salary flash on NL?
u dey show urself?
evilspirit?
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by beeman80: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2011
@poster.Please change ur poster name k? I am sure evil spirits are chasing u right now. shocked shocked shocked When they finally leave u alone u might begin to reason properly.Mschewwwwww!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by duduspace(m): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2011
@OP

All you need to do is learn to cut your coat according to your material in terms of the following:

1.Housing
2. Food
3. Clothing
4: AOB (Any other business)

Believe me, an human being can survive on anything even if he has to go and live off fruit, veg and any animals he can catch in the bush. Our ancestors neither had nor spent money, yet they survived and here we are today as living testimonies of the power of human endurance.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2011
vaLasce:

now now your fiance aint working,
suddenly she'd start earnin270k.
y all d salary flash on NL?
u dey show urself?
evilspirit?

Don't mind him . . .

People sha like attention!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Some Funny Things You Did As A Child / Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria / Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.