Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? (5497 Views)

How Much Does Dental Bonding Cost? / How Much Does Cataracts Surgery Cost In Nigeria? / How Much Does Root Canal Procedure Cost In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by ozorku: 9:00am On Oct 18, 2021
Hi Nairalanders,

I'd like to enquire about the cost of a dental crown procedure in Lagos. So, I treated my root canal about a week ago and I was told I would need dental crowning after few weeks to cover it up, the bill for the dental crown procedure given was so ridiculous and this being my first time, I'd like to be sure I'm not being ripped off.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by MarketDispatch: 9:05am On Oct 18, 2021
ozorku:
Hi Nairalanders,

I'd like to enquire about the cost of a dental crown procedure in Lagos. So, I treated my root canal about a week ago and I was told I would need dental crowning after few weeks to cover it up, the bill for the dental crown procedure given was so ridiculous and this being my first time, I'd like to be sure I'm not being ripped off.

Thank you

Private owned dental clinics. From 190k upwards ...try Gov Dental clinics..price might be less

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by ozorku: 11:20am On Oct 18, 2021
Thank you.

MarketDispatch:

Private owned dental clinics. From 190k upwards ...try Gov Dental clinics..price might be less
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Sewasaunt(f): 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
Dental crowns are actually pricey, lab charges and the high cost of the materials as well as expertise involved makes the price high.

For an anterior tooth you may use an acrylic jacket crown (15,000 and above) but for he premolars or molars, it is better to have a metal based crown that can withstand chewing forces.

Porcelain fused to metal crowns are from 35,000-90,000 in Government hospitals and from 40,000 and above in Private hospitals.

I will also advise that you crown the tooth so it doesn't break and you now still have to end up removing it.

Best wishes

3 Likes

Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by biridon(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2022
I was told it would cost me 250K each to crown 2 teeth.
I did root canal procedure on the 2 teeth in 2017, went for check up and was re advised to crown it to avoid breaking.
The cost is pricey hence where I searched for the cost online and found this thread.

Any advise please
29/12/2022
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by eboniest(f): 7:13am On Dec 31, 2022
Sewasaunt:
Dental crowns are actually pricey, lab charges and the high cost of the materials as well as expertise involved makes the price high.

For an anterior tooth you may use an acrylic jacket crown (15,000 and above) but for he premolars or molars, it is better to have a metal based crown that can withstand chewing forces.

Porcelain fused to metal crowns are from 35,000-90,000 in Government hospitals and from 40,000 and above in Private hospitals.

I will also advise that you crown the tooth so it doesn't break and you now still have to end up removing it.

Best wishes
Please can you recommend a good dental clinic here in Lagos..I need to visit one
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Sewasaunt(f): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
eboniest:

Please can you recommend a good dental clinic here in Lagos..I need to visit one

Please which areas would you prefer?
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Sewasaunt(f): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2022
biridon:
I was told it would cost me 250K each to crown 2 teeth.
I did root canal procedure on the 2 teeth in 2017, went for check up and was re advised to crown it to avoid breaking.
The cost is pricey hence where I searched for the cost online and found this thread.

Any advise please
29/12/2022

You should crown them, else they may break and you may end up needing extractions.

Crowns cost around 80,000 in Lasuth, Luth.

Luth is less stressful.

Private hospitals cost more but are faster, you can walk in and practically start your procedure that day.
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by eboniest(f): 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
Sewasaunt:

Please which areas would you prefer?
Am in ikorodu
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Sewasaunt(f): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
eboniest:

Am in ikorodu

Ehm, no idea really sad
Maybe GH, Ikorodu?

Or you could check on Google and go through reviews.
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Krppkyy: 11:25pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sewasaunt:

You should crown them, else they may break and you may end up needing extractions.

Crowns cost around 80,000 in Lasuth, Luth.

Luth is less stressful.

Private hospitals cost more but are faster, you can walk in and practically start your procedure that day.

Hello ma.

Big thanks for all the dental advice you have been giving on nairaland

Please how much would it cost (range) to do a root canal for my right lower 2nd molar? Also the above 80k is for what type of crown?

Thanks,
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Sewasaunt(f): 7:33am On Apr 22, 2023
Krppkyy:

Hello ma.

Big thanks for all the dental advice you have been giving on nairaland

Please how much would it cost (range) to do a root canal for my right lower 2nd molar? Also the above 80k is for what type of crown?

Thanks,

Thank you very much (really).

A lower molar root canal can be anything from 35,000 total package (Government Hospital) to as much as 150,000 (private clinics).

Rcts are technique sensitive and time consuming hence the cost.

So please make sure you are choosing a good centre and politely share your concerns with your Dentist.

The 80,000 crown is a porcelain fused to metal crown.

There are more aesthetically pleasing crowns now like the Emax and Zirconia crowns that are also durable but they will cost at least 120,000-300,000 and mostly in Private centres, I don't know of any Government Hospital that does them for now, not sure about Luth though.

Regards

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Krppkyy: 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2023
Sewasaunt:

Thank you very much (really).

A lower molar root canal can be anything from 35,000 total package (Government Hospital) to as much as 150,000 (private clinics).

Rcts are technique sensitive and time consuming hence the cost.

So please make sure you are choosing a good centre and politely share your concerns with your Dentist.

The 80,000 crown is a porcelain fused to metal crown.

There are more aesthetically pleasing crowns now like the Emax and Zirconia crowns that are also durable but they will cost at least 120,000-300,000 and mostly in Private centres, I don't know of any Government Hospital that does them for now, not sure about Luth though.

Regards

Thanks again.

You are saying government hospitals stop at porcelain fused to metal?

Does gold cost more or less than emax/zirconia?

How strong is porcelain? Is it noticeable visually?

Thanks
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Sewasaunt(f): 10:15am On Apr 23, 2023
Krppkyy:

Thanks again.

You are saying government hospitals stop at porcelain fused to metal?

Does gold cost more or less than emax/zirconia?

How strong is porcelain? Is it noticeable visually?

Thanks

Gold is not that strong and it is mostly for Anterior teeth or aesthetics.

Gold crowns will cost between 80,000-120,000 or more depending on the centre.

Setting up labs that can fabricate Emax and zirconia crowns are expensive and this is Nigeria.

Ordinary soap and cotton wool is a big issue in many government hospitals.

Porcelain (though aesthetically pleasing and can appear very similar to natural teeth) is fragile and on its own isn't very good for Molars because of chewing force, that's why the zirconia and Emax as well as other forms of materials are being researched into, used and developed.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Krppkyy: 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2023
Sewasaunt:

Setting up labs that can fabricate Emax and zirconia crowns are expensive and this is Nigeria.

Porcelain (though aesthetically pleasing and can appear very similar to natural teeth) is fragile and on its own isn't very good for Molars because of chewing force, that's why the zirconia and Emax as well as other forms of materials are being researched into, used and developed.

When you say gold crown is soft, do you mean it can't be used to chew, say, bones? Are the gold crowns milled or casted?
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by oluchiumeh: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hello , please how lond does acrylic crowns last?
And also is there a permanent crown or a crown wit long durability?
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by oluchiumeh: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hello , please how long does acrylic crowns last?
And also is there a permanent crown or a crown wit long durability?
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by oluchiumeh: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
Sewasaunt:

Please how do i reach u
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by abelwealth(m): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
Just did mine today sef..
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by akanopeacemaker: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2023
abelwealth:
Just did mine today sef.
Pls where did you do it and how much does it cost in total? What was your dentist's advice before and after the process? How long will it stay before removing it?
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by Shinjawestside: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
akanopeacemaker:
Pls where did you do it and how much does it cost in total? What was your dentist's advice before and after the process? How long will it stay before removing it?

Will be doing mine soon..

Total cost is 100k for two
Re: How Much Does Dental Crown Cost In Nigeria? by abelwealth(m): 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2023
akanopeacemaker:
I did it at festac, 21 road ,rabonni hospital.
It's cost Abt 150k for crown . You will have two visit for treatment of teeth and also one more for temporary teeth before the permanent teeth arrives from overseas.
It's quite expensive but it worth it.. teeth can last for more than 15years

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will Mastubating Harm Me? / Abdominal Pain Since After Taking Postinor 2 / EU Approves Medication That Quenches Urge To Drink Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.