Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

General Colin Powell One Of The Greatest Dead - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / General Colin Powell One Of The Greatest Dead (281 Views)

Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid / Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others / Colin Powell Supports Joe Biden Saying Trump R 'drifted Away' From Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Colin Powell One Of The Greatest Dead by laiperi: 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2021
Only very few gentlemen have reached the height of USA Chief of Army and respected by world leaders as Colin Powell.

The son of Jamaican Immigrant that rose above all odds without looking down on fellow African Americans.

Suu Re O.
Re: General Colin Powell One Of The Greatest Dead by DOTian: 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
laiperi:
Only very few gentlemen have reached the height of USA Chief of Army and respected by world leaders as Colin Powell.

The son of Jamaican Immigrant that rose above all odds without looking down of fellow African Americans.

Suu Re O.

Why should I bother?
Of what benefits is his socalled achievement to the black man across board or even to Africa? And before you start lecturing me on how he was supposed to be working for the Americans and not Africans, do remember that it was the Caucasians within the American political and military establishments that helped Europe end her ceaseless tribal wars setting the political standards that have led to the present day modern and peaceful Europe. What have the Collins Powells, the Condoleza Rice, the Susan Rice and the Barack Obamas of this world done to pull mamaa Africa from the hole of neocolonialism and imperialism, other than bombing Libya, destroying the Congo and supporting mujahideens like Buhari?
Re: General Colin Powell One Of The Greatest Dead by laiperi: 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
Easy, easy bro! I hear you.

How far back should we start, from the Chiefs that sold us as slaves or Yar'Adua, Jonathan and Buhari?

DOTian:

Why should I bother?
Of what benefits is his socalled achievement to the black man across board or even to Africa? And before you start lecturing me on how he was supposed to be working for the Americans and not Africans, do remember that it was the Caucasians within the American political and military establishments that helped Europe end her ceaseless tribal wars setting the political standards that have led to the present day modern and peaceful Europe. What have the Collins Powells, the Condoleza Rice, the Susan Rice and the Barack Obamas of this world done to pull mamaa Africa from the hole of neocolonialism and imperialism, other than bombing Libya, destroying the Congo and supporting mujahideens like Buhari?
Re: General Colin Powell One Of The Greatest Dead by DOTian: 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
laiperi:
Easy, easy bro! I hear you.

How far back should we start, from the Chiefs that sold us as slaves or Yar'Adua, Jonathan and Buhari?

I'm talking of blacks in American politics. I showed you examples of how whites of European ancestry worked hard to redesign Europe and end the litany of tribal wars that were destroying Europe. They didn't just sit and blame. They took actions altruistically to cage the bad boys in Europe like Hitler and got states with imperialist agenda to tamper down. That was even how the independence movement in Africa gathered momentum... What and what have the top black politicians in America in particular and the west in general, done to foster rapid socioeconomic development of the mother continent, other than to double down on the nefarious politics of plunder and loot? They haven't been able to potray Africa as a continent with a future. And that's a big fail. That's if we're looking at things from an African perspective.?
Re: General Colin Powell One Of The Greatest Dead by laiperi: 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
Again, I love point.

The desire for change or revolution usually start with those that own the future. Don't expect old men looking for soft pillows to lay their heads to fight for change or future.

How old were Herbert Macaulay, Ekoli, Zik, Awo and others when they started fighting?

Youths either wake or be grateful for castrated Black men like Mandela.

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine Seeks Meeting With Russia Within 48 Hours To Discuss Build-up / Russian Troops Striking Military Targets In Ukraine By Precision Weapons — MOD / WW3 Looms As Russia Places Nuclear Forces On High Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.