Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed (2922 Views)

Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / Help! JAMB Is Not Sending My Profile Code (photo) / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by heendrix(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
Guys At the moment, I'm having problems with my state of origin. bout six years ago when registering for jamb, my Dad have always been silent when we claim Jos. But recently, we had a father to son talk and he actually told me He's from Bauchi state not Jos like we usually claim tho his root (forefathers) is from Jos and our tribe is a Jos tribe, but my forefathers settled in Bauchi and have overtime claimed Bauchi. Anyways, I'm bout finishing Uni now and I tried rectifying the issue cuz of Service and after Service (some applications I'll be making later) and it seem like it's getting tedious and complex as I've tried going to my department to rectify the issue but I was told it lies in Jamb have to rectify it from their portal, tho the secretary said it's nearly impossible and tbh it's giving me concern atm. who have once had this issue and how did you go bout it?? plus what advice can you give to me on how to change it??

mynd44
lalasticlala
olawalebabs
Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by xpressionx(m): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Davinity: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
Oga I advise you leave it like that... It's too late

20 Likes

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by kodded(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
them go kill you if you use the jos dob?

17 Likes

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Meedot2(m): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
Smiles, dear Op abeg stop stressing yourself. I was once in this situation when I wanted to register for Nysc.
From my findings, I discovered it does not really matters the state of Origin I claimed in as much as the one am using tallies with my academic records.
abeg continue using your Jos and safe yourself from uncessarry headache.

2 Likes

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Mightymosco: 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
Not suprised..confusion everywere..no fear.notin will hapen
Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
You can do JAMB regularisation and correct everything. It's possible but what's wrong with Jos?
Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by DoggoneDogg: 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2021
Bauchi is a calm state that's why they're frustrating you.
Use Borno or Zamfara, they will fear you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Rickmann: 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
heendrix:
Guys At the moment, I'm having problems with my state of origin. bout six years ago when registering for jamb, my Dad have always been silent when we claim Jos. But recently, we had a father to son talk and he actually told me He's from Bauchi state not Jos like we usually claim tho his root (forefathers) is from Jos and our tribe is a Jos tribe, but my forefathers settled in Bauchi and have overtime claimed Bauchi. Anyways, I'm bout finishing Uni now and I tried rectifying the issue cuz of Service and after Service (some applications I'll be making later) and it seem like it's getting tedious and complex as I've tried going to my department to rectify the issue but I was told it lies in Jamb have to rectify it from their portal, tho the secretary said it's nearly impossible and tbh it's giving me concern atm. who have once had this issue and how did you go bout it?? plus what advice can you give to me on how to change it??

mynd44
lalasticlala
olawalebabs

Bros you don't have a problem at far as I'm concerned. Just go with whatever is on the jamb portal and keep using that,going forward.

1 Like

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Ethanuella: 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2021
Leave it like that or create more problems trying to rectify it.

4 Likes

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by samtol4(m): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
You are just steering the wheel of the problem. Please kindly concentrate and finish your program. You can rectify later, not now.
Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by dan9ice(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
Op leave it like that, abi you won write another jamb?
Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Charmingrascal(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
What is the difference between Jos and Bauchi?

Since your forefathers have somewhat root in Jos, you can still claim Jos, moreover what is so special about Bauchi that you want to claim.

Plateau is a cool and fertile land unlike Bauchi that is dry and sunny.
Hope it's Jos South local government you are claiming because that one better pass.

After all Buhari is from Niger and he is the President of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Hashimyussufamao(m): 9:03pm On Oct 18, 2021
How about you pay via Remitta and have it rectified. You can do easily do that on your JAMB profile.

I think the pay is around #1,200
Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by dudusky007(m): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
The bauchi when u 1 go claim.... dem 1 share bag of rice for the community?

1 Like

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by jaeyking(m): 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
As long as it tallies with your academic records.
No give yourself unnecessary headache

Unless say dem promise you job and u must use bauchi as state of origin
Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Smartb0y: 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
Davinity:
Oga I advise you leave it like that... It's too late
i just tire for some people

1 Like

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by lemon10(m): 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2021
You are worrying over nothing. Don't just create discrepancies for yourself. Allow everything to tally till you finish your service.

1 Like

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by bigjackass: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2021
mtcheeeew. I suspect you are a first class student. Na una type dey carry unnecessary matters for head

1 Like

Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by lereinter(m): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2021
Superstition

There's more to nigeria than all this your irrational fear
Re: A Mistake I Made In Jamb Is About Affecting Me In Final Year - Advice Needed by Whois(m): 11:36am On Oct 19, 2021
Do an affidavit and henceforth use your correct state is origin on your documents

(1) (Reply)

public or private university! which one do you think is better?? / Female University Student Found Dead Without Her Private Parts / The Sad Event That Made Uniben Freshers Orientation End Before Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.