Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,593 members, 7,847,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:12 PM

Why Am I Still Single? (part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Am I Still Single? (part 1) (127 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / Can I Still Go To Church After Having Sex On A Sunday Morning? / Why Am I Single? (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Still Single? (part 1) by toyinaremu(f): 8:55am On Oct 20, 2021
First off, being single is not a disease or plague, it is a process. Join me in this series on physical reasons you need to check on why you are still single.

Note that I said physical reasons because we cannot rule out spiritual issues too but focus is on the physical for this series.

1. God needs you

Hold on, don't get pissed off with this first point, it is just the truth, no relationship worked for me until I came back to God and to do His will. He may also be using that to get your attention. And if He doesn't, you'll surely need Him. It's just better you submit your will to Him.

Many people want a God-fearing spouse but they don't have God let alone fear! Be the type of spouse you want. Marriage shouldn't be a reason to start getting close to God, that shouldn't be when you start seeing dreams you haven't been seeing before.

Place your heart in the hands of God FIRST and He will place it in the hands of the right person at the right time.

2. You don't know what you want

Yes! Many of you don't even know what you want and you might still be single because you are on the look out for a perfect image you have created in your mind. There are no perfect persons anywhere, everyone is a work in progress.

Jumping from one person to another, in the name of 'searching' is a perfect definition of not knowing what you want. You allow a so-called potential suitor be your standard or set standard for you. If he/she says no sex, you agree, if they say otherwise, you agree too. You need to grow and define yourself before getting into a relationship.

Let's continue tomorrow, but remember not to rush into any relationship. The state (single) you are now is not your destination, it's like a by-pass which will be part of your story later. Don't stop your story because you don't like this scene.

(1) (Reply)

If You Don't Get That Testimony You Have Been Waiting For And Imagined Then God / When Things Go Wrong / Daily Grace By Pastor Joseph Prince November 12 1021 - Your Hundredfold Harvest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.